notsane

Puerto Rico Freefall Festival 2009

Any chance we can get this to the beach?

Id say with the inherent difficulties in spotting a High Altitude load, that this would be a bad idea...

Last year, I had the pilot take us three miles down the coast and one mile out to sea. This gave us about 3.16 miles (i.e. sqrt(10)) to fly back to the landing area from 22,000 feet. We felt like we were far out to sea, yet we were no more than a mile offshore along our flight path.

We had no problem landing on the beach in the designated landing area, and everyone had a great time! I'm sure that someone's wife or girlfriend who isn't jumping would be happy to give us a ride back to the dropzone. :)
Purple Mike

word of advice;
don't let PM fly base on that one.

He is getting better, I will say, and for all you looking at this post~

Anyone want to see what your going to miss if your not there? All we need is a preacher on the beach and Scott Bland And Jeff can finally say there vows and fly off into the sunset together, hopefully where we wont be subjected to watching the honeymoon before the ceremony, as we did a couple years ago. please guys, we have no desire to see the mating rituals of ostriches.

CAW CAW... See yall in PR~
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

You just KEEP rubbing it in, will ya? I CAN'T go to PR, because you beyoch's left me stranded alone at PIA.>:(
I'll forgive you just this once.
You guys have a great time in PR without me, I'll be thinking of you as I'm enjoying the snow, high altitude, cold air, and the views of females heavily clad in thick puffy nylon and feathes.
Oh yeah...you got that down there, too (puffy nylon/feathers).

Well, Today I make Chuck decide to get off the DZ and go jump at another DZ so we can all have the Blueman with us~ CAW CAW!! Now it can officially be a real boogie~ See yall day after tomorrow!

Scotty

1) ScottyBurns.com
2) Justin Shorb (phoenixRising)
3) Notsane (Scott Bland)
4) Butters (Tony)
5) fmmobley (Marion... bringing my whuffo wife)
6) Supergirl (Andreea)
7) The111 (Matt Hoover)
8) yeyo (gargamel)
9) dzjnky (Rick... "I'm back!!!!")
10) Chris Gray (Booyah!!!)
11) Scott Gray
12) Brian Barnhart (this one goes to eleven!!)
13) Jeff Donohue (the Skwrl)
14) Danny (droquette)
15) Jose (Turtie)
16) Nacho
17) Purple Mike (Purple Quagmire)
18) Bill K.- another fat azz, hope I can keep up
19) Phil Peggs
20) Stu- montana
21) Bones (Randy)
22) Ingrid
23) Salta (Blanca)
24) Alx72 (Alex)
25) Michal (michalm21)
26) Paul Johnston (whizzif)
27) Ken VeArd (flyer299)
28) Ralph (Canada)
29) Steve H. (Flock-U)
30) Paul Cain
31) Elana Cain
32) Greg Drogaline
33) CHUCK BLUE/SKYMONKEYONE

Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

I've been in the back of a police car on more than one occassion, but thats the hottest looking cop i've seen...You guys should definitly try to book her for this year as well!!
Coming from Canada, haven't been to P.R. before , hoping this boogie lives up to all the hype.Free Beer??Free Rum?? How could you possibly NOT have a good time??
Had to break up with my gf for this trip, so I will be looking for a Valentines date...Guana is great to party with and all, but is a bit too hairy for me.
Can't wait to get my Flock on!!
ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

Girlfriend says parachute must go ... For Sale: One slightly used girlfriend.

Warm weather, free beer, free rum drinks, bitchin' flocks, great scenery, beach jumps, catered party ... if you aren't there ... YOU SUCK!

If you can't make it, you can think about us enjoying the beautiful Caribbean weather this coming week. No, we won't be sitting in an ice cold cubicle working for our pointy haired boss ... no, not THIS week we won't!

Scott

Well, Today I make Chuck decide to get off the DZ and go jump at another DZ so we can all have the Blueman with us~ CAW CAW!! Now it can officially be a real boogie~ See yall day after tomorrow!

About time, I was wondering if C Blue, Esquire would ever show his face down here. Only took him 4 years.

But you guys are late. Ashey (white girl with chicken to Chuck) and I have been here for 3 days already! We hiked El Yunque rainforest for about 7 hours today... about 6 miles hiked roundtrip, nearly 1 mile vertical from start to finish. The sky opened up twice, right now half my shit is spread around the hotel drying, but it was worth it. Purple Quagmire is here too, but he went down to the south side to dive. Giggidy.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Pictures from the day attached.

First one, it's hard to tell, but we're about 100ft above the coast, a short 5-minute steep hike after a 1-hour horseback ride on the beach. We're actually right next to some old naval base. That was yesterday.

Second one, I have no idea where those girls came from. Really. I didn't even know they were in the photo until hours after I took it. I had the camera on a tripod and the shutter on a timer and was looking away when this shot was taken. Purple Quag, eat your heart out...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

It's not the only time I've found myself on top of Jeff ... at least this time I wasn't in the process of throwing my PC ...

Note the water bottle to the left of Jeff's head in case he gets thirsty during the dive ...

Nice pics, Matt! Let's hope those clouds give us a break!

What a fantastic boogie!

Jason and Viv put on another great event! We had incredible weather, great flocks and a huge amount of fun.

Huge thanks also to J-Sho ("J-Sho for sho in 2020"), Scott Bland and Jeff Nebelkopf for organizing amazing flocks that kept people of all skill levels challenged and having fun.

Highlights for me were the flocks to the beach, including two from high altitude. I even got to try out the XS on one of them. (As an aside, holy crap that's a lot of suit - it's like the old Yakov Smirnoff line: "In Soviet Russia, wingsuit flies you...").

Another favorite was a double rodeo with incredibly hawt chicks in bikinis as riders. (Damn you, CX7, for being out of focus.) Joner owes beer for his first time as a horse - although he needs to work on his passenger ejection seat, since it was the most unceremonious dump of a rider I've seen. :)
Scotty, Matt and Zach got fantastic footage and stills - I'm sure they are coming soon to an Internet near you.

It was also a blast to meet a bunch of flockers who I'd only known as dropzone.com usernames... Great to get a chance to get to know all of you a little in person.

And the parties... Rum, salsa chicks, fire dancers, and an ice sculpture by Fog Head Productions were just some of the cool attractions...

In short, that was a great event, and I'm looking forward to next year's already.

And remember: don't skull fuck your attorney.

-Jeff

Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Another highlight was a 4 way diamond with stinger fly-by of a 6 way CRW stack on a sunset beach load at the end of the day Sunday with some nice puffies thrown in as a bonus. We tried last year but clouds rolled in and we had to abort. It was well worth the wait....and hopefully the video will be posted soon. :D

Second that on all fronts !!!

Jason and Viv yet again one hell of a boogie !!!! Thanks so very much for everything.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Picture of the flyby!!

we kicked ass this weekend guys. I saw a lot of progression from some new flyers, including Bill K. Nice work!!

We will be there next year, with even more tricks up our sleeves.

check out flockuniversity.org to see this years calendar, and signup for our email list.

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits