notsane

Puerto Rico Freefall Festival 2009

Picture of the flyby!!

we kicked ass this weekend guys. I saw a lot of progression from some new flyers, including Bill K. Nice work!!

We will be there next year, with even more tricks up our sleeves.

check out flockuniversity.org to see this years calendar, and signup for our email list.

Justin

LOL, thanks Justin, I had a LOT of fun!! I am already looking forward to next year and just the next WS boogie that I can sneak away to in general.

The fly by pic's are awesome!!

doubt a larger vers will be posted soon since they a few will be sent in for hopes of publication

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every single photo I've ever had published has been on my website first, at 400x600 pixels (bigger than the tiny thumb posted here, but still low-res). Print exclusivity is not too concerned with a personal portfolio hosted on a web gallery. In fact, I often use my web gallery as a submission vehicle.

It was fun flying and hanging with you again this year Zach (and everybody else)! Sorry I missed that CRW jump, looked fun. I will definitely be staying until Monday morning next year, to be able to jump all the way through Sunday. Did you guys get a lot of jumps in Sunday afternoon?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every single photo I've ever had published has been on my website first, at 400x600 pixels

Same here...every picture we've had in magazines etc. has been published online (small) first, and often we even showed the picture to the mags. by pointing them to our gallery and said image..

But everyones free to approach magazines in whichever way he/she sees fit of course..B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

yeah, true. it's up to scotty since they are his to post/ distribute as seen fit.

Matt- Sunday was a great day. most did 5-6 jumps. I played around with some outside flying and then, in some cases, taking a open slot. The formations were coming together nicely too

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

hehe,

funny picture cause he just kinda jumped right as i was exiting, and i started laughing. Thinking " what the fuck are you doing"

the XS is a long slide:D

Justin

As slow as you exit, he probably thought the plane was empty and it was time to go. Then oh shit, what's that big red sail out in front of me.:o:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

To all of you who didn't make it to the event .. you definitely suck. B|

To all of you who did ... what a great fckin time. The weather was great, the people were great, the beer was cold .. it just goes on and on.

To Viv and Jason, thanks for all the hospitality and hard work. It gets better all the time.

To Justin, Scotty and Matt ... thanks for being there and doing what you do best. And we all came home safely (with maybe a few bug bites).

To all the flockers who showed, and especially to the new folks I just met here, thanks for coming! I hope you had a great time and can make it next year.

And I know that all the folks who jumped with me know the rule about getting out ... (unless you're on the outside of the door) ...

The images that etch themselves in your mind aren't always the ones you expect, like the gorgeous clouds, beautiful coastline, perfect sky. This time two images will stay crystal clear for me ...

* The look on the rum guys face when Supergirl flashed him (twice) out of nowhere for a bottle of rum

* The close-up drunk faces of Justin and Scotty as they dry humped me out of a sound sleep

Good times ... good times ....:)
Scott

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came down to PR. It was my first time and I just loved it. Scott Grey said it best as PR is like a skills camp. I had to pull out all my skills (as limited as they are) just to survive this place. Big clouds, high winds, bad ass flocks, beach landings into crowds of people, free drinks, food and beautiful women everywhere.
And through the guidance of Scott Bland, Justin Shorb, The Grey Bros, Scotty Burns, Matt Hoover,and of course Jeff N, and even you P Mike, and all the other great flyers that were there, we all came home safe.
I thank each and every one of you for making my life seem pretty cool after all.

And a special thanks to Viv and Jason for putting this whole thing together.
Thanks everybody.
See ya when I see ya. ;)

"Black Raptor"

I had a great time at the boogie. I am glad the weather held up for everyobdy and we really put up some cool flocks. Plus the partying was very fun...

Ill continue jumping at that beach all year so if anybody gets the urge just drop me a line.

Thanks to Justin, Scottand Jeff for organizing,..... and Scotty and Matt as usual did super with the pictures.

blue skies and phat clouds,

dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I had a great time at the boogie. I am glad the weather held up for everyobdy and we really put up some cool flocks. Plus the partying was very fun...

Ill continue jumping at that beach all year so if anybody gets the urge just drop me a line.

Thanks to Justin, Scottand Jeff for organizing,..... and Scotty and Matt as usual did super with the pictures.

blue skies and phat clouds,

dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Yes!!! This once again was a fantastic event as it has been the last 4 years I've been. Jason and Viv you deserve a huge thanks for all your hard work. The boogie has grow to such a huge attendance that a third Turbine Aircraft will be needed next year.

Thanks to all who was there and made it happen.

Jason and Viv, thanks for a great boogie!!!
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Let's not all forget the superb SLUMMIN' that was going down as well -- good times indeed.

SLUM U did some heavy recruiting and it's alma mater was distinguished.

I believe Flock and Dock 5.0 will be the midterm and the final will be held at the Pepprill CASA boogie...start studying....and as always, Danny and I have office hours if any of you have questions on the assignments.

Everyone,

I would really encourage everyone to check out Scotty and Matt's web sites and PURCHASE some prints. These guys spend a ton of money and time developing their skills and equipment ... if we want to see them continue to do so, we need to support them. Getting a few photos in a magazine isn't as lucrative as you might think it is. Check them out!

http://www.sky2productions.com/component/option,com_expose/Itemid,58/

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-photos/2009-02/

I would sincerely like to second this motion. A lot of us take these guys for granted --
Not only does the equipment cost a ton -- but the hours of flying to get those flat spins dialed in, etc. is a huge investment. And it's not only the money these guys have tied up in equipment and jump tickets, etc. -- they are putting their lives on the line every jump to get these pics -- those cameras are heavy and add a whole other layer of risk. I used to fly tandem video and had a really bad opening and hurt my neck really bad (sold all of my camera gear because of it)-- the guy that got me into skydiving doesn't jump anymore because he broke his neck flying camera --
Not to mention, they rarely get video and pics of themselves -- huge sacrifices. So, yeah, send these guys some coin!!