notsane

Puerto Rico Freefall Festival 2009

Awesome ! Anyone interested in the high altitude wingsuit jump on the morning of Friday (the 13th) will need to email Viviana and let her know that you want to reserve a slot on that load.

I have already reserved my spot.

Her email address is: [email protected]

Following folks added to the Friday AM High Altitude jump:

Scott Gray
Chris Gray
Andreea Olea
Brian Barnhart
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Friday High Altitude Jump

1) Scott Gray
2) Chris Gray
3) Andreea Olea
4) Brian Barnhart
5) Marion Mobley
6) Scott Bland
7) Jeff Donohue

Any chance we can get this to the beach?
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Riccardo and I were talking about this last night at the Pepperell X-Mas Party....the high altitude beach jumps were the best jumps of the boogie! We did them two days in a row and they kicked ass. We were a little conservative to be safe but we went out a few miles perpendicular to the shoreline and then flew back. Twas a great way to start a good day of jumping. :)

Indeed. This is why I wanted to try it again. The video I took last year of it was great.

But Phil (as usual) is right: it's a tad on the risky side: blow out a bootie and you can be shark food.

Only an idiot would get out miles out to sea and hope that nothing happened like a bootie-blowout. I get us out between 1/2 and 1 mile from the beach, fly parallel to the beach downwind, then make a 180 degree turn up the beach towards the opening point. That way you're never too far from the beach at any point to open and make it back to the cold beers. There are no boats waiting to save your stupid ass there ... you've got to take care of yourself. Remember that you'll be fine, as long as you don't do anything stupid! :)

Friday High Altitude Jump

1) Scott Gray
2) Chris Gray
3) Andreea Olea
4) Brian Barnhart
5) Marion Mobley
6) Scott Bland
7) Jeff Donohue
8) Rick Hough

Any chance we can get this to the beach?

+1 vote for BEACH!!!! B|

Scott has never put someone in the water yet. I vote for morning beach jump !!! ;)
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Guys,

Viv has sent some additional info on the high altitude jump ...

I received an email from one of the brothers Gray and others, to put a few people on the High Altitude Load for Friday, 13th. We don't usually manifest jumpers ahead of time so jumpers can have an equal opportunity of getting on these loads. But we are willing to reserve this load for the WS jumpers, or start manifesting, but it needs to be prepaid- $60 cash or $61 Credit card. Can you make an announcement that if they want to get manifested, they need to pay it in advance. Also, I read about the beach jump, unfortunately we don't have transportation scheduled at that time, so we would take the load up, but you guys have to find a way back.

Is that COOL or WHAT?! If we can get enough folks, we can have the entire LOAD! Contact Viv with your CC information and mark yourself PAID on the list. Also, unless I am outvoted, I am going to recommend that we NOT jump onto the beach for that load. Having to scam a ride for a few people over there sucks, but it would be worse for an entire load. Besides, the view is insane from anywhere and we can get on another load without the long wait.

Scott

We've made the mistake in the past of waiting until sunset to jump onto the beach. While this carries the bonus that Jason will probably meet us with beer, it's also the time of day most likely to close in with clouds. Photographs over the beach are also much more vibrant in the middle of the day when the sun is overhead. So as soon as the winds cooperate and we can get a ride we'll definitely jump onto the beach!

BTW, it's always windy at this boogie. So get up to speed on your high wind landing technique and bring your smaller canopy if you have one.

...BTW, it's always windy at this boogie.

Yep...18mph+ is normal here. Except in the morning and some late afternoons (sunset). I have a GREAT idea!
After the Friday night all u can drink rum open bar party, we could do a high altitude beach jump at 3am, wearing dark goggles and having a non-local flying the base.:D Its PR, what could possibly go wrong?
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

...BTW, it's always windy at this boogie.

Yep...18mph+ is normal here. Except in the morning and some late afternoons (sunset). I have a GREAT idea!
After the Friday night all u can drink rum open bar party, we could do a high altitude beach jump at 3am, wearing dark goggles and having a non-local flying the base.:D Its PR, what could possibly go wrong?

Maybe we should also pull low and swoop for safety ... B| On a more serious note, what is the oxygen situation? I've already begun collecting and filling balloons partially with oxygen as someone mentioned earlier just in case.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Last year, oxygen was provided, which maes sense because per FAA regulation, oxygen is required for all passengers above 15,000 feet. :)http://www.diverdriver.com/Regulations/regulations.htm#91211

Or are you asking, "in what form will the oxygen be provided"? It was a nasal cannula last year.

hey ..... you told me they were ANAL canulas last year

Well, that explains the smell on day 2...

...and why you looked like one of the floats at the Thanksgiving Day parade on day 1.

Full-size: $34.00 p/dy
Mini van : $59.00 p/dy

SJ->(787) 727-7333
www.charliecars.com

54 days left!**
Viviana