PhoenixRising

An interesting weekend

Scott Bland suggested "trying" to reach the steering line above a twist if you can and turning the chute out of the twist ----but I have not been able to make that reach yet on really tight multiple tline twists ,..even with my arms unzipped...

That's a technique but as you've learned, not a very practical or realistic one and not one I would recommend. If the canopy is twisted up and the canopy is square and flying level, you might be able to use that technique with some success. However, it is much quicker and easier to simply pull the risers apart(outward not downward) from one another and kick/twist in the direction that will unwind the twists. When the canopy is diving and spinning as it was in the video, trying to identify and pull a control line is a waste of time and altitude.

The Gray brothers told me there is a "container mod for some rigs that helps keep main bag straight and therfor maybe helps keep the lines from twisting as the bag comes out of the rig... what is the name of that mod and who does it??? I have a G-3 Mirage and my rigger said he can not do it...

Any other ideas,.....??

I assume you are referring to cut corners on the main pack tray. Most mfgrs offer it as a Birdman modification or you can have a qualified rigger pick the seams of your containers main pack tray down to about 1" from the bottom. Packing grommet up and using a longer bridle are also other mods that can be done.

Most people create their problems after they have pitched. You can pitch with a knee drop/leg wing open but as soon as you pitch, closing the leg wing down by squeezing the legs/knees tightly together once you begin to sit upright in the harness and closing the arm wings down with the elbows against your ribs, hands in front of your handles/chest and remaining still until you have an inflated canopy, ensures that you don't induce any line twists. The few moments that it takes to simply remain still are the ones that people have the hardest time with and is the cause of most post opening issues. Harness inputs can be used during the canopy inflation period simply by lifting a leg and leaning in the direction opposite that the canopy is starting to turn during the opening (ex. canopy is starting to turn to the right, lift the right leg up and lean left while keeping all 3 wings closed). Grasping the mud flaps with the hands and doing the same is another method.

Of course, if you have a shitty pack job or a canopy that is out of trim, it will contribute to the funky openings.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I saw both of Justin's deployments ,..one on film after our jump and one from above him ----he was rock solid stable in both deployments

The first didn't look bad but the second was clearly from watching the video - a stability induced issue

Tony should be able to make a mod for the Super Duper Mach 1.3 version 6.4 X5 that will keep you Flock U guys stable:ph34r:

Just funnin you, well kinda

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

the second one was NOT a stability issue. if you watch the video i get pullled right badly after line stretch. I packed a line over. look at the video slow, we watched it slowly frame by frame, i just packed a very bad line over.:P

oh and the new superb duperb xs 7.16473 version 2 needs no parachutes. Just gonna stick it!!!!!

justin

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Old green Sabre1 135, near as I can tell, most perfectly designed WS canopy ever made, for my purposes anyway.

I can relate. My old Sabre1 150 in a worn out vector2 was a fucking fantastic wingsuit rig, if the ability to buzz a canopy at 2k is important to you. Downsizing to a modern, 'soft'[:/] opening canopy significantly increased my opening heights.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I can relate. My old Sabre1 150 in a worn out vector2 was a fucking fantastic wingsuit rig, if the ability to buzz a canopy at 2k is important to you. Downsizing to a modern, 'soft'Unsure opening canopy significantly increased my opening heights.

I like my more than 1000 jump Triathlon for the very same reason. It opens fast and reliable.