base754

Phantom2 Feedback

I currently fly the phantom1 for skydiving/ base, and I'm very comfortable with the phantom, so I'm not looking for another suit or a larger one, although, I have been thinking about up grading to the phantom2. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with both models and if it would be worth spending the money and going with the phantom2. Any help would be great, thanks..........

I did exactly that. Well, I only have a dozen or so phantom 1 jumps and about 100 s3 jumps which i feel has similar performance. I demoed the phantom 2 and was sold pretty quickly. Backflying is incredibly easier, and the wing inflation is much faster and stronger. I flew in a three way with a phantom, myself in the s3, and a phantom2 recently and the heavier less experience phantom2 pilot smoked us both at the end. If Ed would ever get mine made and delivered, ill let you know how fall rates compare. I think it will be awesome for base as well.

I flew both of them quite a bit, and currently fly a Phantom 2. At first glance, they don't *look* all that different, but the proof is in the flying. ;) The Phantom 2 does everything the Phantom 1 does, only better. It's still every bit as easy to fly. Get the back vents if you order one.

The best things in life are dangerous.

The Phantom2 is a tremendous improvement over the original in my opinion. I have jumped both of them quite a lot and the difference is night and day. The inflation on the "2" is fantastic and If have not been able to make it flap in any flight mode. Backflying is where it really shines, though. The rear inflation slats are located at, and below the elbows so the arm wings stay inflated no matter how far you sit up (to video behind you) or how flat on your back you are. It's a tremendous suit and we have five of them on the rack in my school to demo. It's positively my favorite PF suit.

Chuck
Z-Flock Wingsuit School

It takes some practice, but on average, I'm getting 15+ seconds more on the Phantom 2 than I did on the Phantom 1. The fall rate was the same at first, but with time and jumps, it's dropping. As for the forward speed, I don't really know! I don't have a GPS, so all I have to measure with is puffy white clouds and the Mk. 1 eyeball. It sure seems faster. It inflates solidly out the door and stays inflated throughout the flight. Most importantly, though, it plays nice with others. I've done flocks with SM1's all the way down to classics with no problems.
The best things in life are dangerous.

The Phantom2 is a tremendous improvement over the original in my opinion. I have jumped both of them quite a lot and the difference is night and day. The inflation on the "2" is fantastic and If have not been able to make it flap in any flight mode. Backflying is where it really shines, though. The rear inflation slats are located at, and below the elbows so the arm wings stay inflated no matter how far you sit up (to video behind you) or how flat on your back you are. It's a tremendous suit and we have five of them on the rack in my school to demo. It's positively my favorite PF suit.

Chuck
Z-Flock Wingsuit School

You have all sold me!! P2 oder is out tomorrow. I have owned 3 PF suits now and flown all of there lineup. Can not wait to get the Phantom 2. I fly with my lady friend here in CO and her Phantom 2 is the S&*t. Her Hubby also flies PF and loves it. Robbi, your products are the suit here in CO. Phoenx-fly is awesome.