PeteS

Helicopter jumps at Lodi

I got to make two wingsuit jumps from a R-44 today. The owner and pilots that lease the bird were glad to have us jump. Oh yea, the owner is a jumper himself. They are wanting to do Heli jumps here on a weekend day or whole weekend. Lets' make this happen!

Can we use BASE rigs and dump low?

I'll be in switzerland next week, so if you want you can borrow my flik 182 Mirage rig that freepacks nicely.... Most reliable FAA APROVED low pull wingsuit rig there is..... And you can hook it, it recovers so fast!

It's as good as it gets for 'legal' low pulls... USPA BSRs aren't enforcable anyway....

Who knew that actually working for the FAA and knowing the system is worthwhile..... Brace yourself for all the skygods online who can't tell the difference between a FAR and a BSR.....

_justin

$45 for 5k in an R-44? did they fill all three seats?
if they filled three i hope you got some wrist action to go with your ticket cause you got jacked and the pilot/operator is loving life.

if they only filled two seats tell the pilot to take less fuel and man up. your at 49' msl for gods sake.

$40-$50 is a pretty standard rate.... if your jumping a turbine helicopter. B206/MD500/B206L all run 30-40 gallons/hr Jet fuel.
an R-44 runs 18 gallons/hr of av-gas.

it's hard to put a price tag on fun.... esp when it is sitting on the ramp waiting to be jumped.

just shocked me a little to think they are making $675/hr for a R-44. most schools charge around $450/hr these days with operating cost at about $175-$200/hr

$45 for 5k in an R-44? did they fill all three seats?
if they filled three i hope you got some wrist action to go with your ticket cause you got jacked and the pilot/operator is loving life.

if they only filled two seats tell the pilot to take less fuel and man up. your at 49' msl for gods sake.

Someone told me 3 lodi jump tickets, but it turns out the jumps are $20 to 4.5K. Trust me, no one is getting jacked in Lodi, when we are paying $13 to 13K in an Otter 7 days a week ;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com