Butters

What is your deployment altitude?

I jump V-2 with Sabre 120 @ 1.6, this combo allows for dirty low pulling. The canopy opens well about nine out of ten times. On the tenth jump don't pull low. :)

I used to believe that... I have a sabre2 135 that I load at about 1.5... the opening below must have been number 10.

I used to have a sabre2 170 that was great for lowish openings, much better than it's smaller brother, but I swapped it out for a 7 cell.....

Here is the difference though between my skydiving canopies I wingsuit. Guess which one I prefer to open lower with.

V2 flight

Flik182

Phantom flight
Sabre2 135

_justin

Yah, I've chopped mine twice. In a row. My Troll hasn't been WS BASEd yet. Ugly Sabre vid BTW. ;) We might be a little off-topic here. Shrug. I love to take it low but since I've been talked to, yelled at, told I was gonna die etc. I brought my pulls up higher twice last year. So, being a perfect fucking angel, I generally throw at 2k. I'm not current so I'm throwing at 2.5-3. If I was flying a more aggressive canopy I'd throw at a less aggressive altitude.

Sometimes you eat the bear..............

160 WS flights with 1 cutaway
Tony Raptor
Silhouette 230 loaded 1:1
4000' Skydive over, look around for traffic
3500' Begin wave off and pull
3000' Alti track reports deployment
2500' Canopy inflated
2000' Unzipped, slider closed, toggles down
Land safely and repeat
Works for me :)

But what do I know?

voted 3....have I gone lower?...of course.

My comfort level is at 3, and I think all of the newer pilots here should take from this thread what the more experienced wingsuiters have said here...

Suits - Raptor and XS
Canopy - Pilot 96 - Gives me the openings I've been looking for on a small canopy:)

According to his profile, about 1.8.

I've jumped a Pilot 124 demo which gave me a wingload of almost 1.8. Flies nicely at that load, my second jump on the canopy I wore my wingsuit. :)if it opens nicely - which is exactly what he wants out of it as I read it.

Johan.
I am. I think.

precisely! I'm at 1.8 on it. The canopy does load up nicely, and is sporty. I've given up on jumping my "swoopier" cannopies as I can have enough fun with the pilot and peace of mind on the openings. Of course I don't recomend a sub 100 for everyone... Keep in mind I jump Wingsuits almost every day of the year. :)

While jumping my sabre2 150 and 135 always pull at 3000 thats 4 years back aproxx 200 jumps..

jumping Katana 120 between 3000 - 2500 thats 2 years back you can add 250 jumps to that.

Currently Jumping my Lovely Velo´s 96/90 opening between 4000/3500 you can add about 150 to 200 jumps on these motherfuckers.

Using my Vertex 2 and flik 266. 300 ft

Suit all of BM products + a few jumps in V2 and Shadow

Ps never had to chop a canopy on a wingsuit jump.. its all about the Pull
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

160 WS flights with 1 cutaway
Tony Raptor
Silhouette 230 loaded 1:1
4000' Skydive over, look around for traffic
3500' Begin wave off and pull
3000' Alti track reports deployment
2500' Canopy inflated
2000' Unzipped, slider closed, toggles down
Land safely and repeat
Works for me :)

so, i have more ws jumps and total jumps then you do now eh? can't wait to fly with you again though! hope you are enjoying that sm1 too!
Blue Skies Filled with Birdies,
Jeremy R. Marston