Hagen

Vampire and flocking

If you're asking because you now have one, or are thinking of jumping one, please stop now before you kill yourself or someone else.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

The vampire is the mostest highest performance unpowered folding airplane. It has forward speeds that will peel your ears off. It is strictly for the most capable wingsuit pilots ( and me). Its performance almost requires an astronautics license. Lucky for me I have both.

If your peers believe you to be dangerous as deadly to others and yourself you must first perform vampire solo flights. Preferably in a secret wingsuit testing location in the desert. Preferably with ground telemetry, video and stills will cost extra. Stay away from all living things and don't hit anything on the plane...... those parts are expensive. Did my advice help?

I certainly don't think you should be jumping a Vampire, no.

You've been told before about what you should do, but for some reason you don't want to listen. On this one though, seriously, please don't jump a Vampire.

They way you worded your first post suggests you may have bought one, or are considering jumping one.

I commented that if you were thinking of jumping one, you shouldn't.

You then replied

"you recommend me stop jumping? here, at this forum?"

Making me think you were going to.

If you're not, no worries, simple misunderstanding. :)

If you're asking because you now have one, or are thinking of jumping one, please stop now before you kill yourself or someone else.

Yeah, just look at all those people who've been killed because they went to a Vampire too soon!

Oh wait, what people?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Take it slow. Its not a pissing contest, who can piss further or you have bigger.....wings.

Depending you body type take a small or medium suite and learn how to fly. Trust me! There is 1000 ways to fly any suite. I had more than 150 flights, but i still don't know all.

I have friend bought the big one at first, they have to fly folded in most of formation. I can fly with wings spread. I'm not the strongest but I have problems having more than 5-6 flight from 4000m a day with a Phantom. I was told that its close to impossible to fly a Vampire 3+ minute maxed out. If you are on the light side, get an Acro and learn to fly, if not get a Phantom(2) or similar.

If you want a vampire, go ahead and get one. It was the first wingsuit I bought. Word of warning, though, the vampire has 2 speeds (at least with my body type): fast and overtaking everyone, or stall and sinking out. There was no in-between for me. That's why I got rid of my vampire and got a Phantom 2, which I can flick around like a go-kart and do whatever I want with. The vampire isn't dangerous per-se (very stable, in fact), it's just the wrong tool for the job if you want to be able to play nice with everyone.
The best things in life are dangerous.

well, my question about V rose from a discussion with an experienced pilot who insisted that there're only 3 wingsuit models in the world that really can fly (V is one of them) while all the rest are just sky mattresses that simply stay longer up there instead of flying.

but that's another question - what is flying and which suits can fly...

well, my question about V rose from a discussion with an experienced pilot who insisted that there're only 3 wingsuit models in the world that really can fly (V is one of them) while all the rest are just sky mattresses that simply stay longer up there instead of flying.

but that's another question - what is flying and which suits can fly...

Even the world's most experienced pilots are full of unfounded opinions (like the aircraft pilot with 6000 skydives who told me we don't really get above the tail on high speed exits). Compared to most things in the world that "fly"... we really don't. Even a 3:1 GR is pathetic compared to anything else out there, even a paper airplane. :D But what we do is much more fun so who cares. I've seen distance contests won with suits that many say will only float, not fly. And I've seen suits that I know are badass, falling out of the flock in the hands of an idiot.

PILOT > SUIT ... how many times does it need to be said?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com