bdrake529

What is the "record" to beat?

It will be just fair to give FIA (within 4 weeks) the possebillity to be proud, calling wingsuit-flying their new most innovativ officially discipline.

That´s how it should be.

Why accept authority,if you can have it at your own?

Nobody have to ask for. They have to offer!

In less than 10 years wingsuit-flying will be the main discipline in skydiving.
. .
Christian
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

IMHO, that is easy to do especially if large number of people will before the WS camp attend the basic RW skill camp. Why?! Because the principal is the same....

cheers R

That there is a smart comment and something Flockers should consider looking into if for nothing else to gain a better understanding of flying in formation. A huge amount of RW "rules" can be directly applied to WS flying..! Robi hit that point right on the button!!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

IMHO, that is easy to do especially if large number of people will before the WS camp attend the basic RW skill camp. Why?! Because the principal is the same....

cheers R

That there is a smart comment and something Flockers should consider looking into if for nothing else to gain a better understanding of flying in formation. A huge amount of RW "rules" can be directly applied to WS flying..! Robi hit that point right on the button!!

Scott C.

What he said. There's a lot more to a "big way" than being a star performer in a small group.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm tired of flying with my legs on my ass and arms back just so everyone can get in the formation.

Then why not jump a classic on those flocks?

The latest greatest wingsuits on the most skilled guys is like the fat guy in RW wearing even more weight and telling the skinny guy he needs to arch harder to keep up.

The latest greatest wingsuits on the most skilled guys is like the fat guy in RW wearing even more weight and telling the skinny guy he needs to arch harder to keep up.

Hahaha well said! :D
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

These record attempts will probably have 3 or more acros, will that suffice?

I think even a 'small' acro has 1/3d or more wingsurface (esp. in terms of legwing width) than a classic.

But I know that a lot of people like James B enjoy flying an acro (still not at full tilt) around a formation on their belly/back for camera, than they do flying one of the bigwing carpets with a big arhc.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Too funny :)
From a participant point of view, if I were flying to the US in November, spending my $ and using my holidays to participate in a world record attempt - I would want to know what the record definition is before I left home ;) Also selling it as "official" is simply untrue.

Then multiply the $s and time by 71.

But maybe that is just me!? Either way I will be home in November.

You can neither succeed or fail if you do not set a goal in the first place.

BASEstore.it

From a participant point of view, if I were flying to the US in November, spending my $ and using my holidays to participate in a world record attempt - I would want to know what the record definition is before I left home ;) reply]

You're just cheap..
Judging your avatar, even a rig is beyond affordable for you...:P

But since you're also not going to the USA.
Fresh Stroopwafel eating competition at my place in November?

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

As far as formation planing goes, would be good to announce the type of formation, shape and wished size ....cheers R

Information pertaining to this very subject for the Eloy event can be found HERE in posts #49 and #50.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

mmmmmmmmmmmm B|

We'll also post updates online about our record event!

The history of the Stroopwafel goes back until 1784. A baker from Gouda baked a waffle of old crumbs and spices and filled this waffle with syrup. The Stroopwafel was born. In fact the Stroopwafel was a rest product. And therefor a popular pastry among the poor.
During 1784 the Stroopwafel was only known in Gouda. Nowadays every bakery in Gouda has its own recipe.
Syrup waffle recipes are generally guarded secrets that are passed down from parent to child, generation after generation. Good recipes are very difficult to find and even if a good recipe is found, then there is a tremendous amount of specialized equipment needed to bake a proper Stroop Wafel.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mmmmmmmmmmmm B|

We'll also post updates online about our record event!

Will this be a World record event? If so, will the ISA (International Stroopwafel Association) verify it?:D

MMM, all this talk about Stroopwafels is making me hungry. Good thing I have a bag of them at the house.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

mmmmmmmmmmmm B|

Double hmmmmm!

Count me in!

Actually, no, sod you. I'm holding my OWN stroopwaffel eating big way. We're going to eat more stoopwaffels than you, and in a much tighter fashion... ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I could give a rats ass about a record that no one will remember or care about in a years time as there is no governing body who will ratify it or even officially recognize it within skydiving.

There are pictures of 400 linked skydivers, 100 linked canopy pilots do think its the FAI that makes these special? Do you think the participants don't fondly remember being there? I wasn't on either but remember both.

If we have a few photos of a wingsuit formation with specified proximity and a side shot to verify everyone is on plane but don't have the Fai to back us up its meaningless?

This negativity isn't typically like you Lou, What has you down, primary sponsor focusing on mall clothes instead of wingsuits? Factory team forced to look for a new factory? Not enough camps to harvest enough talent? Weak registration interest? And as far as that rumor about calling snore in regards to wingsuits and lakes tell em not to worry about the wing fallers worry about the CRW dogs some of us are wearing 22 pounds of lead. But I guess if you can't steer away from a mile long lake you shouldn't be doing wingsuits or CRW.

And to all of you FAI huggers out there remember Craig Breedlove broke the super sonic land speed record not Andy Green!

I could give a rats ass about a record that no one will remember or care about in a years time as there is no governing body who will ratify it or even officially recognize it within skydiving.

There are pictures of 400 linked skydivers, 100 linked canopy pilots do think its the FAI that makes these special? Do you think the participants don't fondly remember being there? I wasn't on either but remember both.

Exactly. This very thread proves that people both remember and care about a wingsuit formation that happened 4 years ago in DeLand.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

If we want the wing suit discipline to move forward, then official recognition is part of the solution (as for all the other skydiving disciplines).

K then what is up with our trusted FAI? What is there hold-up? Is it world record season deadline? Are these guys so inept that the UN can kick there ass with one hand while they munch strupwaffles with the other?

Isn't the $35 FAI record per applicant license fee motivation enough? Or does the de-valuation of the dollar just not get you enough strupwaffles in Lilliputnstein or whereever the FAI is headquartered in?

A baker from Gouda baked a waffle of old crumbs and spices and filled this waffle with syrup. The Stroopwafel was born. In fact the Stroopwafel was a rest product. And therefor a popular pastry among the poor.

Good recipes are very difficult to find and even if a good recipe is found, then there is a tremendous amount of specialized equipment needed to bake a proper Stroop Wafel.

Do the poor have easier access to specialized equiptment than the rest of the folks?