joni

Couch Freaks 2008 - Labor Day weekend - Thursday, August 28 through Monday, September 1

There will be wingsuits there, so bring yours and join us. Everyone is welcome. We will be flocking as in past years and hope to get bigger and better. Plus John Storrie will be heading up the Wingsuit Flocking State Record Dive.

Couch Freaks 2008 - Labor Day weekend

Thursday, August 28 through Monday, September 1
Gates open at noon on Wednesday, August 27th, so be sure to come early for our hog roast and sweet corn feed! Also, get here early if you want an electrical outlet! Always that chance of an early load or two on Wednesday.

$50 registration gets you all this and more
• Private showers
• Camping
• Electric hookups for a small fee (while they last- first come first served)
• Numerous celebrities: Midwest Freefly Legend Jimmy Coiner, Zoomie, The Man Who Saved Couch Freaks, and MORE

Aircraft
• 2 or 3 Super Twin Otters
• 1 or 2 Super Skyvan
• Pitts Special Biplane
• Helicopter
• Prices for the specialty aircraft to be announced

Organizers
• Tom Schroder, Larry Clapp, and Mandy Shaeffer will be organizing a 3 plane state record attempt (66 way). Sequential formation loads Thursday thru Saturday
• Freefly organizer tba
• John Storrie will be heading up the Wingsuit Flocking State Record Dive
• Additional organizers will be available for 8 to 12 way skydives

Entertainment
• Friday: DJ
• Saturday: tba
• Sunday: tba

Food (included with paid registration)
• Beer flows 24/7
• Hog roast and Iowa Sweet corn feed Wednesday night
• Iowa Pork Chop Dinner Saturday night
• World Famous Roadkill Chili Sunday night
• Food vendors will be onsite throughout the entire boogie (bring additional $ for this)

Parties/Contests
• Every night!
• Best Dressed contest/Polyester Party Saturday
• Swoop N Chug contest
• Chicken Pooper raffle
• Keg pyramid building contest

future updates to be announced in this thread and on http://www.couchfreaks.com/

Do you know if there will be anything for wingsuit wannabees? I'll be at Couch Freaks and would like to try a wing suit but would like some instruction. I hear that an Intro Suit would be the way to go but that Tony Suits won't be there.

Any advice? I'll be there wednesday.

Thanks!
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

I'd be happy to give you some instruction. I'm a BMI and PFI, and last year taught someone for Jeff on a tony suit. I have a couple PF prodigies I can use for the course for those that do not have a suit. John Storrie may also have some demos- not sure what. The basic flight instruction is similar for all the brands, and they all have good beginner suits.

I will probably arrive late Wednesday and will be staying in the LSPC area.

... and last year taught someone for Jeff on a tony suit.

was he a very very handsome dude? :P

Ill be there again this year with 2 more wingsuiters.

Oh and docjohn, i bouch for Joni's FFC. I heard its a good one.;)
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I know of at least 12 coming for sure and there are several others who generally attend that I have not heard from who I imagine will be there. Most flocks are smaller groups, but you should have no problem finding others to fly with. We try to get everyone together for a few bigger flocks. While there are several experienced flyers, there usually are several new birds and quite a few people who are the only bird at their home DZ. So we take it slow and easy and teach each other. It is a good chance to get together with other birds and fly for fun without a lot of the pressure at the bigger events.

I'm still on the fence but leaning towards attending. I only wingsuit and have never attended a boogie. Does anyone have any advice or information regarding multiple airplanes, flight pattern, etc...?

PS: Also, are there any other only wingsuit people that will be attending? If so, what days will you be attending?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I arrive Wednesday and will be setting up a wingsuit tent where wingsuiters can meet up with each other to organize flocks. You should not have a problem finding others to jump with all boogie. John Storrie is the official organizer, but I will be getting people together as well.
There will be multiple planes running so be sure to check with someone regarding flight patterns before going up and this can change each day or jump if jump runs change so always check with the pilots as well each jump. I will gladly orient you, review things and answer any questions. Feel free to have me paged or PM me for my phone #.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard to help John Storrie and I make this event so much fun and such a great experience. There were small groups flying all weekend and John got a 9 way in the sky at the end. We had several new birds make their 1st flights including Doc John, Kyle, and others whose names I apologize I do not remember.
Yeyo your flying was rock solid! You and the Peurto Rico crew - Nacho and Margaret- rocked the clouds! Other students from last year included grasshopper Paul whose flying was awesome and made me so proud. Jameson forget the freeflying and get the girlfriend some wings- you can fly. Tony you are so cool- you may catch me this year but if you keep going like you are I won"t be able to keep up with you at all next year! I also enjoyed flights with the LSPC birds - my home boys. Sorry the wind ended things early and the Chicago birds, Kallend and Betty, did not get to join us, but it was great seeing you. Sorry if I forgot some one-- everyone did so well and I hope left knowing more.
Keep flying everyone -- I can't wait until next year!

We had several new birds make their 1st flights including Doc John, Kyle, and others whose names I apologize I do not remember.

omg!!!! That was sooooooo COOL!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU John Storey and Joni for your great instruction! I'm ready for more!
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video