fatmarl

S-Fly Profly - owners opinions wanted

I have around 60 -70 flights on my S-Fly Expert (love it) and I'm thinking about getting a Profly. I fly primarily for distance but do a bit of flocking as well. I would be grateful if the owners of any Proflys out there would give me their opinions (good or bad) of the suit. Cheers,

Ian.

Have you bought a profly yet?

I was wondering the same thing - how the profly compares to the expert.

I have about 60 jumps on a classic and a few on skyflyers. I much prefer the flying position of the classic so am tempted by the expert. Wondering about the range of the profly though.

Anyone know how they compare?

Was there a profly at the 71-way? think i saw a few experts.

the profly is similar to an expert with much more fabric (20%) wich give the suit more forward speed but less reactivity.

this suit is more dedicated to base and If you want to compare, it's similar to a vampire in terms of performance. The non-grip version is more preferred today.

I have heard..;) that a more dedicated flocking suit from s-Fly will be presented soon....

Patrick de Guillebon

I have heard..;) that a more dedicated flocking suit from s-Fly will be presented soon....

I spoke to the man himself when he was here and I was told the same thing.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Thanks for those replies fellas.
Will be interesting to see what they come out with.

The s-flyers always seem to be using experts in their vids. Is that because they're more responsive/aerobatic and therefore maybe look better on video i.e. they can pull off more visually impressive stuff?
Or would it just be that they've flown experts for so long, they stick with em?

Also, i know how most people hate classics cos they're old and a learner suit, but i can get pretty good time out of mine and can flock with people on bigger suits no worries. so its serving me well.
How much more performance could i get out of an expert? The wing area looks very similar.

the s-fly expert is a great suit that fits beginners as well as more advance wingsuit flyers. it allows you to go on all kind of aerobatic flights (head down,carving, etc..) flocking, base and so much more to discover.
you really need to work with your body to improve your flights and get all tha range the suit can give.
The best example is to watch the guys from babylon...
I have more than 800 flights with this suit and i'm still learning a lot !
the only critic would be backfying with it, takes a lot more time to find the right position in compare to other backvented suits. B|

blue sky

Patrick de Guillebon

I much prefer the S-Fly Expert to the ProFly. I have both in my school and I just find the Expert to be much more maneuverable and much better suited to my kind of flying. Unlike LePat, I think the Expert is actually very easy to backfly in. I have backflown in the ProFly too, but found it a bit "flappy" in that configuration.

Chuck

Ive flown both the 'expert' and 'pro' and didnt really like the last one.
The S-Fly Expert (to me) seems like a much more mobile/manouvrable suit, with more range. Even though its slightly smaller, it seems to have a better ballance and more manouvrebility..

Where-as the S-fly Pro seems to be more ground-hungry, and quite twitchy in flying. A sh*tload of groundspeed due to a high angle of attack, but also at quite high fallrates....the few jumps I did on the suit, I couldnt really get it to fly the way I liked. While the Expert was good flying the minute I put it on..

again..just my experiences based on a few jumps in one and the other suit...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?