bdrake529

Birdman Street Gear?

Holy fucking shit batman! $175 for a pair of jeans.....isn't that a bit much? How much do jeans normally cost on the other side of the pond? They look nice and all but I can't see spending close to two bills with shipping even if each pair comes with a "BM - warning label inside pocket".

So while Phoenix-Fly is working on improving performance and Tony-Suit is working on improving performance and safety, Bird-Man is working on improving ... street gear. :P You may not fly the farthest or fall the slowest but you'll look good and that is all that matters!

"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I may be wrong but to me when Robi the technical mind behind birdman left to go out on his own it was the beginning of the end for BM. Now they are selling blue jeans to skydivers that spend every nickel they have on jumping and GEAR to jump. This might be the nail in the coffin. Hell we skydivers bitch about paying for fee's for boogies when we get t shirts, coolies etc. Now buy some jeans for $XXX good luck. Board shorts, a case of beer, my friends, and blue skies!!!! Give me some wranglers!!!

Hey...don't knock it. Some of us older guys have saggy asses. If the jeans provide lift, I KNOW they'll make my ass look good.:D:D
I was offered a free pair of Birdman jeans; I opted for a pair of Pantz instead. Can't wear em' to the mall, but they make my ass look better.

I may be wrong but to me when . . .

:S
Yes,you are wrong ! ! !
Some people like the stuff :)It´s not too expensive,you just need to have the money :P
It´s allowed for men to cry, so feel free . . . :P
Create something, do something by yourself, just do something, maybe you´ll get some money for playing around ;)
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

It's a pretty typical price, at least on this side of the pond...
Only problem I see is it's quite difficult to buy a pair of jeans without trying them on first (at least for a chick)! ;)

-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

I may be wrong but to me when . . .

:S
Yes,you are wrong ! ! !
Some people like the stuff ;)

Sorry, but those people are gay and so is the BM site now

Come to think of it, maybe there's something in the name... Bird/Man. Sorta has tranny connotations:S

anyone want to buy a birdman suit?

That's part of the reason I get really irritated when another skydiver says "hey, how do you like flying that birdman suit?" It's a WINGSUIT, Phoenix Fly phantom 2, specifically, but unfortunately the name "birdman suit" has become synonymous with wingsuit. :S

The best things in life are dangerous.

That's part of the reason I get really irritated when another skydiver says "hey, how do you like flying that birdman suit?" It's a WINGSUIT, Phoenix Fly phantom 2, specifically, but unfortunately the name "birdman suit" has become synonymous with wingsuit. :S

Have you played Frisbee (Flying Disk) or blown you nose with a Kleenex (Facial Tissue)? Can I have a Coke (Soda even if it is a Pepsi)?

The leaders in the industry tend to be the name that is used for what they created. Xerox almost lost the rights to their name becuase of the common phrase "Can you Xerox (copy) this for me?"

I guess you'll have to live with that one..
We have been called birdmen from the very start (which is not just 8 to 10 years ago when the first commecialy available suits started appearing)

In hindsight, Its maybe a shame Robi and Jari choose that one as their company name, and its now (to the 'few' people within the wingsuit dicipline) a brandname.

But to the general whuffo public and skydiving non-wingsuit flyers, regardles of what brand you fly, you will most likely always be 'a birdman/birdsuit flyer'.
Though if it offends you, you could always start a world-wide 'wingsuit' awereness campaign..(although the term Wind-Suit seems to be catching on as well:P)

The general skydiving population is already growing tired of trying to keep up with all the brands, suit models etc.

Be happy when they ask you about flying a wingsuit/birdsuit/birdman suit. And then (if they care) show em what brand of birdmansuit it is;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Great post, Jarno...branding. That's wha it's all about. Birdman has a great brand name and terrific logo that can be put anywhere on anything that anyone outside or inside of skydiving can relate to, which I believe, opened the door for them to create this clothing line.
IMO, it's terrific that they've found another revenue stream to tap, it's not so terrific that customer service has plummetted as a result.
That being said, hats off to Jussi in particular for personally taking care of my purchases with Birdman, even if it did take over 7 months to resolve. At least it did resolve, and that's saying quite a bit in today's world.
If the dollar climbs back to reasonable, if Birdman comes out with anything that remotely competes with what TonySuits are doing, I'll likely end up buying another "Birdman" brand suit.

A bunch of guys arguing over this cost of pants...... :S

Maybe we can get this thread moved to the womens forum? :D

Though the company doing the clothing is also making wingsuits, I also dont see how it applies to this forum...bonfire seems like a more suitable location for this kinda stuff..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?