PhoenixRising

Flock U Casa Boogie Aug 21-24

Hey Everyone:

Everbody make sure to give speshul thanks to Spot; he has been working non-stop....the entire boogie; spending all his down time between jumps in the birdhouse downloading video from Scott, Jeff, and Matt, photographs, and doing his video magic. Oh don't forget to thank Linda for the nice ground stills that make us look so cool!:)B|

i wouldn't/couldn't call it a 'complete formation" as that photo displays...note that one of the three that are far out is Scotty Burns, the one in the middle of the upper right side is Matt Hoover, but there aren't perfect straight lines, and there are two people way out of the formation.
But that's not the final photo in the series, either.:P

I also want to add a special thanks to Rick Hough.

In addition to the loads sponsored by Tonysuits and Spot (Vasst), on the special occasion of his 1,000th skydive, Rick sponsored an entire CASA load of us winged monkeys. It's an honor to fly with a guy like Rick.

Him, Him, Indeed.

P.S. - Rick, why do you keep flying to the right? It's as though your center of gravity has shifted...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

you missed a good cutaway in the near dark...[:/] Hope to find my main in the morning. Surprised some folks when I landed in their front yard.
You also missed some SERIOUS burblage with Burble Mike, Scotty Burns nailed him with his XS wingsuit. Then I accidentally did the same thing.
Attached is a photo of the 16 way as it begins to assemble. Can't post the final assembly...but it's pretty damn good.
Was terrific finally putting some new faces to old names, making new friends, and learning a lot from some of the best the community has to offer.
I need to post the video of you steam-rolling me. That to date, is one of the most fun events I've experienced.
Pieing and silly-stringing Rick Hough was a highlight, grateful Rick had me on the dive. It was a stunner when Justin stood up in the aircraft and announced the jump was a gift from Rick....
Pepperell...what a rockin' great place!

Attached is a photo of the 16 way as it begins to assemble. Can't post the final assembly...but it's pretty damn good.

Damn... that's looking pretty good! nice work guys. B|
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Awesome - you got my botched Gainer exit where I headbutted Danny's foot!

(That will teach him to make sure he screws up his exit when exiting linked with me...)

It must have been a long boogie. I didn't recall flying wing off of Soby (the closest I remember to that is flying on the same line as him in the 16 way) until I saw that pic...

What do you mean "can't post the final assembly?" ....and how about a pic of the 25 way diamond? ....and who is going to post videos? What an awesome weekend. The weather was perfect and we did some of the best dives I have ever been on. It was very cool seeing Scottie's video of the 16 way, having it be completely built by the time he got down to it and keeping it together and tight for the whole jump. Sweet!

What do you mean "can't post the final assembly?"

I would assume that they are magazine worthy pictures, so he can't post them any where else.

I don't normally fly wingsuits so I really had a blast this weekend. Thanks to every one for making it a great boogie.

Steve thanks for the two 2-ways this weekend. It was awesome to pull of a dock on my third wingsuit flight! Justin thank you for letting me use the demo intro suit. And DSE thank you for the jump Sunday morning, that was very generous of you and your company! I think the best way to return the favor would be to buy a suit and practice enough to actually stay with the formation next time. :S:ph34r::D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

If I hadn't introduced beer to my Mac (they got into a fight and beer won), I would have posted videos.

As it stands, it's going to be a few weeks before I can put footage together.

I suspect Spot's endeavor is gonna be cooler than anything I could generate anyway...

I would assume that they are magazine worthy pictures, so he can't post them any where else.

The magazines only want print exclusives (not printed elsewhere, in the same country). Every photos I've ever had published was publicly available on my web galleries first, and this was known to the magazine (since I actually use my galleries as a submission vehicle).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Bravo!!! What a great event. Many thanks to the organizers Justin Shorb, Jeff Neblekopf, & Phil Peggs. Van & the casa pilots did a quality job. The documentary crew of Scotty Burns, Matt Hoover, & DSE did an amazing job. I look forward to seeing all your hard work soon. Congrats to Rick Hough for #1000. It was great honor to be on that jump with you & pieing you for it. The vibe during the boogie was awesome. The total skill level there was impressive. The 16 way & following 25 way diamonds were some of the best jumps I've been on.
Many thanks to all my wingsuit brothers & sisters who were there. I love you guys & hope we flock again soon. See you all in Cali in November!

Reporting from LaGuardia Airport with a beer in my hand...I'm out.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

The magazines only want print exclusives (not printed elsewhere, in the same country). Every photos I've ever had published was publicly available on my web galleries first, and this was known to the magazine (since I actually use my galleries as a submission vehicle).

That is news to me Matt, I guess they are just being extra careful with the professional courtesy?

I have seen other people on here also refrain from posting the "final shot" because they were submitting to Parachutist or Skydiving.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Hi Everybody,

This event was a blast!
Good people from all over attended (at some point more than 40 WS jumpers).
Everyone had a great fun (every WS jumper had a ball from those with 2 to those with 2000 WS jumps)
The flying was a very good big way and tight formation learning experience.
Most of all no scary moments or close calls happened during the all event.

Thanks to all of those who attended; particularly, to Justin, Jeff, and Phil for organizing and providing “the base”, to Scotty, Matt, Jeff, Dave, Zach, Scott, Spot, Jeff, Rich, and Danny for great videos stills, to Rich, Spott, and Tony for free loads, and to all the Pepperell DZ stuff for the cordial support and great Boogie.

Look forward to the next gathering of wuingsuites.

Till then…Wuingsuit Skydiving doesn’t suck!!!

Peace,
Riccardo
Flock U - 5

Niiice event! Had a great time.
Good to see everyone again and meeting the rest...
Thanks to the organizers, to Tony Suits, Rick and Spot for the free loads, and to everyone that made it happen.
Ill link the first video. Its not a big or tigh formation, and its not a super high quality editing like they are gona post later, but it sure was fun watching it.
Its called BurbleMike :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iR2f_IxzYw

HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Whew....where to begin?? What a great time I had at this boogie!

Firstly, to all my new friends, it was a pleasure meeting and flying with you all. It was wonderful to finally put some faces with the names I know only through DZ.com!

Secondly, I would like to thank all involved with the boogie. Flock U, Tony Suits, VASST, and importantly Skydive Pepperrell for hosting us. A special thank you to all who contributed prizes and loads to the boogie. Tony, Skyjester, VASST, Aerodyne, Mirage, and any others I'm leaving out... Thanks as well to Rick for the free load...it really was breath taking on the plane when Justin made the announcement. It was an honor! Thank you as well to our fantastic pilots who gave us exactly what we wanted every time!

To my group of flyers: Thanks for coming along and really making my dives fun! I hope you all learned something from what we were working on, and I hope you continue to improve! We had some really great flocks, well above average for people who only had as low as 3 wing suit jumps!!! :)
So thanks again to you all, I had a great time! I hope I was a good Base

Riccardo,
Grazie for the great dinner time last night. We sure had a blast. Nice to eat a "real meal" instead of that sushi sh**. Great companions, fun times in the air.
Yeyo, thx for posting the Burble Mike piece. I think "Burble Mike" is more fitting than "purple, Pervple, or Pink" Mike.

The vibe during the boogie was awesome.

Perfect comment from Chris Gray.
Was very much worth the trip east. Great flocks, great friends, fun times had by all there.

Happy to report that Justin and Danny found my main on someone's back porch, several stoes broken, indicating it probably exploded on impact.
Lesson: Don't let Danny pack for you even when the packers are really busy.:P He maybe can pack BASE canopies but....:D:D:D

Phil, a real pleasure to meet/fly with you. Tony....you lost out by going home to beat the hurricane.
Jeff and Justin deserve a MONSTER thank you. Having organized loads myself, I know manifest appreciates having a single sheet already done, knowing that the group will be in the loading area on time, everyone being briefed on landing direction on EVERY jump, so no wingsuit loads were landing at 90 (and even saw a few 180 landings from RW groups), not to mention the terrific safety, wind, spotting, and all-around professionalism Jeff and Justin provided to the event. The vibe was very much one of camraderie and top spirit. Taya, I think I'm in love w/you.:) Sharing music with a beautiful woman on the ride to altitude was a new experience for me.
Phil....wow. What a presence.
Packers at Pepperell are a force to respect, too.
OK, enough ass-kissing. It was one of the best events I've ever attended. Everyone except one guy in purple checked their egos at the door, didn't matter what your skill was...everyone was treated like they mattered by everyone that did matter.
One small suggestion. Get a BIGGER BIRDHOUSE or make better arrangements for debrief. Squeezing 30 people into that hot, tiny room was miserable. But at least it was in high-def.:P

Just got home and jumped on the laptop.

Can only echo all the posts thus far.

BIG PROPS to Justin, Flock U, and Jeff N. WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!

Thanks to Scotty, Matt, and Dave for the camera support ---- Big thanks to Spot for all the hard work and can not wait to see the final video. (HOPE YOU FOUND YOUR MAIN BROTHER).

Let's not forget the great ground photos by Linda!!! A real keeper there Spot !!

Phil -great job on the skills group, I heard lots of positive feedback.

Solid pics Dave -- ordered one moments ago.

Fantastic flocks, great people, good times --- Can't wait until the next time.

Congrats Rick on #1000 -- was an honor being on the jump.

P.S. --- Steve, nice flying with half a leg wing. ;):S:P

WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com