Deniq

Glide ratio database

I collect now "glide ratio" database for different wingsuit types. Please post here corresponding example following your parameters for the "best glide ratio point":

Wingsuit type: PF Phantom
Exit weight: 83 kg
Height: 170 cm
Vertical speed: 90 km/h
Ground speed: 230 km/h

Skill, weight, size/height, next to the wind etc. all influence the data to such a degree, that getting 100% accurate glide-ratios is close to impossible...

Waiting for the perfect storm (tailwind) is the best idea to get the best scores for a certain suit..B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Agreed: Skill is by far the largest factor, that there is no way to compare suits in this way. You would have to have 1 person test all different suits on the same day at the same dropzone, in the same wind conditions. Even then, you have issues with the person getting tired after a couple performance jumps.

Another issue is that not many people have GPS's. And besides, why do you want to make a database here on dz.com when there's already TrackingDerby, which has the same information?
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Dear "Fly like brick" members,

if you will stay restricted on artistic type of flying, please don't disturb my investigation regarding wingsuit flying, and try it experimental in the air.

Flying is nice, but because of time and money limitation I can't do 1000 jumps per year and try to understand the physics of wingsuit flying on ground.

Enough knowledge before jump bring considerably more efficiency for the jump, because of better mix of experimental (former jumps) and academic (aerodynamics) experience.

dude,...as long a "good" pilot kicks ass with a prodigy vs. somebody "falling bad" with a Vampire, you dont need a Glide ratio database.....

its impossible to compare different wingsiuts when you change only one parameter....like weight, body height ect.

its not the siut,...its the pilot....
if you want to get knowledge about what glideratio is possible-you have to search for it in the air;)

its no math or rocket science.....:)

Dear "Fly like brick" members,

if you will stay restricted on artistic type of flying, please don't disturb my investigation regarding wingsuit flying,

You where the one who asked us...
We're not just artistic flyers..ask anyone who flies with us, and we can also do 'our thing' when it comes to distance flying..

All Im giving you is the answer you will get to after a LOOOOONG useless search...

There are a dozen variables that make up the glide-angle. And suit design is only a fraction of that. Build and skill factor in much higher. Though design is a big help, there's always a few wingsuit pilots who will fly circles around you in your 'big/fast' suit in something half the size, and (by your standard) suit not capable of distance flying...

Enough knowledge before jump bring considerably more efficiency for the jump,

noop..the cleaner your head is...the more you feel what the wind is doing...the better your flying...

A decent background in skydiving, body controll and awereness are much more valluable than the data you quoted..

Tristan is the best example..he smoked everyones tail, yet every word he writes is a clear example he has no clue as to what actually makes a suit fly...he's just a skilled guru...and he does it all for the chicksB|

Stop the math..and start flying..;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I see here only restricted view for the topic...

What a shame!

Actually, it's not a restricted view, it's the simple truth. No one denys that one can try and establish GR for different suits but the variables are such that trying to use it as even a personal standard really is an exercise in futillity. Even if you do establish your own personl GR database at the end of the day what does that do for you?

I don't think anyones input is meant to be negative or discouraging but rather trying to save you from wasting time, energy and jump tickets on something we already know to be a dead end. Take it for what it is worth but don't kill the messengers because you don't like the answers. :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING