mccordia

Skydive Rotterdam - "Ready, Set Fly" weekend

In the weekend of 13/14 September our wonderful little wingsuit team will be at Skydive Rotterdam (Netherlands). At your service!

The craziest dropzone in the whole world.
Get on a bus, pas customs, get on a plane, fly over the city, jump with the sea and city of Rotterdam as a backdrop. Land, get on ANOTHER bus (on which we debrief, so time is used wiselyB|) and then finaly arrive back at the club, to grab a bite, brief and go up for the next one. How often do you need a passport and pass through customs to jumpB|.

For anyone who wants to try and fly a wingsuit for the first time, for those who want to get some 1 on 1 coaching to work on flocking, backflying or camera-geeking skills, and for those who just want to have a full jump dedicated to having video or pictures taken of him/herself for shameless self-promotion and lovin'!

Skydive Rotterdam will pay HALF of the instructors slot, and we are doing our usual free coaching/instruction. Suit rental is also free for this weekend. So for a few extra euro's, you get the full package!

We will also have some demo/trackingsuits with us for those not yet ready to fly, or scared of zipping themself up in wings.

We will do a FFC briefing on friday and saterday evening, so we dont waste time in the morning, and are ready to fly on load #1.
For those coming from far, my house (15 mins away from the DZ) is always open to stay. Bring a nice video and a drink, and you have yourself a bedB|

For more information and questions about the required skill/level, drop us a line at [email protected] or send me a PM.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Bring a nasty, adult themed video of you, your partner(s) and a small pony, a drink, a bong and stroopwafels - and you have yourself a bedB|

There, i fixed it for you ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

eh... I didn't quite understand about customs and passport stuff... isn't this in EU?B|

Yes, but Rotterdam airport is an international airport, and to be able to enter the airport apron, you need to go through a passport control. I guess its all to do with the terrists and such. And yes, it gets annoying after the novelty of the 1st time.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Small addition/correction.

The Club is not covering half the slot, but actually only asking 10 euro's for the instructors slot.

So thats your own slot + 10 euros for instruction/debrief, suit rental, instructors slot en video of your jumpB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Nice, nice, nice... Wings over Rotterdam...

Could you please provide normal slot prices for wingsuit flyers without coaching?

Normal jumps are 28 euro's (25 if you're a member).
Not a price you'd want to pay for a full week of skydiving (though An72 slot-price is sadly the same amount[:/])

Compared to UK prices its not so bad. But I wouldnt recommend Americans flying in with their weak dollars:P
I think they can do 3 to 4 jumps for the price we pay for a single jump here.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And another small addition..
The biggest focus this weekend will be 1 on 1 jumps.

If there is enough interest, we will see about organising a decent sized flocking(training)event in Belgium (cheaper jumps) later this year.B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If there is enough interest, we will see about organising a decent sized flocking(training)event in Belgium (cheaper jumps) later this year.B|

I don't know whether that would be enough, but 'd be interested!

BTW, Oct. 3rd is a bank holiday over here (Hint, Hint)

Klaus
My Logbook

what is with the weather in Rotterdam now?

Hope, we can fly this weekend over (or from) „Nationale Nederlanden“ B|

The weather looks okay for the weekend, especially Sunday: http://www.meteogroup.com/int/home/weather/world_weather/city_weather.html?cityID=31X3306&tx_mgcityweatherstatic_pi1[cityIDuse]=31X3306

Unfortunately the dropzone is quite far away from Rotterdam city center, but during the climb to altitude you might spot it, if you are next to the door, as it is a Caravan cargomaster without any windows.

Cheers

http://www.weer.nl/nl/home/weer/nederland/actueel_en_verwacht_weer.html

If you check sat/sun (zaterdag/zondag) on the weather forecast, it actually looks like its a go for this weekend.

For those attending, DONT FORGET TO BRING YOUR PASSPORT!
Faillure to do so, will mean you dont pass the security onto the airport, and cant board the plane. So please...do bring it.

Costyn and I will be taking 1 on 1 coaching and load organising duties for this weekend. There is no registration fee, no suit rental, no nothing this weekend. Thanks to the DZ, its only 10 euro's (total) per coach/instructor that you want for yourself or your group. So if you're doing a 5 way + coach, thats only 2 euros per jump per person extra.

For those people wanting to stay at my place (+- 15 mins from the DZ) please let me know before 21:00 ish tonight by mail/PM or TXT message (+31 624 111 093)

Skydive Rotterdam is located at Rotterdam Airport. When you drive onto the main entrance road, take the first left (before the gas-station) and the building is close to the end of the road, on the left side. Follow the smell of nylon..

Hope we get some good weather and even better flying!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Skydive Rotterdam is located at Rotterdam Airport. When you drive onto the main entrance road, take the first left (before the gas-station) and the building is close to the end of the road, on the left side. Follow the smell of nylon..

Here's a link to Google Maps (the club is at the 'B' marker)

Jumping usually starts at 9:30 or so.

But given that people probably have to drive from far, we propose meeting at around 9 to 9:30 (and doing check in/paperwork when you're there).

Im asking about the german repack cycle (1 year) and how that works on the club (6 month repack cycle in holland), Ill let you know as soon as I have an answer on that one.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Im asking about the german repack cycle (1 year) and how that works on the club (6 month repack cycle in holland), Ill let you know as soon as I have an answer on that one.

We've gotten an answer about this: jumping with a 1 year repack cycle is no problem for you Germans.

Cheers

Lutz and Denis proved their german roots today, by driving past the dropzone and heading straight for the beach (by accident:P).

Low clouds today, so its the Gay bars in Rotterdam for tonight (ok..not gay bars..but I figured Id make the joke before somebody else did `the obvious and to be expected`) clear blue skies tomorrow, and hopefully some nice flights and trips past customsB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?