matc

damage

I got this GTI last week and today I spotted some damage on the back of the suit just below the spandex area (exactly where the BOC is situated). Obviously the fabric was stretched but there are no tears yet but you can see through the fabric. What would you do ?Here are some pics

I want to repair my suit asap so any seamstress could do the job ? What kind of fabric are gti's made of ?

Why the hurry? First, that wear & tear isn't really damage its just wear. Second, its only cosmetic. it will not effect any aspect of your flight and pictures or video will not ever capture it as it is hidden under your rig. My guess is that the wear area will not propagate any further for at least a couple of hard jumping seasons. No rush. Unless its up for resale.

Balloon ZP is the material that ZP wingsuits are made of, like your GTI. Since the damage area is a non pressurized area of the suit you can use F-111 if the square mesh has the same aspect ratio or pattern.

I bought a classic from BM with stress wear just like that but in the leg portion if the wing area. I put 50 jumps on it over a year, did at a minimum 100 first flight courses and many subsequent loaner flights for another two years as a result. Then sold it to someone after their first flight on it and the damaged area has yet to progress beyond the initial. You may just want to watch it for a while. It might just be a non issue. Def a non issue when you have a few more suits from shinny new to well broken but still loved and the GTI is used strictly for your buddies first flights. Don't sweat it is what I say. You can revisit the worry after some of your buds have grass stained the knees doing dead-mans or that chick you loaned it to slides in on her ( you suits)butt and does a little grindage.

For now enjoy the suit, fly it very very much! Worry about your capability not the suit cosmetics. Thats how you get your money out of it.

Yeah basically what the others have said, i wouldn't worry about it too much. I have 2 full on RIPS in the knee of one of my suits, and after more than 200 jumps on it, it never progressed. And that was in a major area... On the back? I wouldn't stress :)