Steve_Lewis

Swooping tandems?

So I find wingsuiting quite boring and wanted to spice it up a bit, so today I tried to swoop a tandem. I wanted some decent video so I aimed straight for it and tried to turn away at the last minute but kinda lost control and went into a flat spin passing underneath it.

Any advice on how you guys do it? (I've got about 20 flights so still learning loads!)

Are you sure that you should be giving advice like that at only 271 jumps?

I've been sorta blacklisted from the flocks at my local DZ so no flocks for me... but nice idea!

Btw how do you get out of a flat spin? I ended up just pulling and kicking out the twists. Thank god I got the LQRS.

Hahahaha. Bill's got enough jumps to know better. Anyone decent at swooping tandems knows you start the spin above it so the tandem can watch you spin past.

And yeah, you use your arm wing cutaways to get out of the flat spin. Then you can pull low in a half flight/half track right over the DZ. :ph34r:

This isn't flying, its falling with style.

So I find wingsuiting quite boring and wanted to spice it up a bit, so today I tried to swoop a tandem. I wanted some decent video so I aimed straight for it and tried to turn away at the last minute but kinda lost control and went into a flat spin passing underneath it.

Any advice on how you guys do it? (I've got about 20 flights so still learning loads!)

20 flights? dont know how to get out of a flat spin? and you are swooping tandems??? You have no business whatsoever swooping tandems.

Did the TI know you were going to do this? If so, did he know how many ws jumps you have? I cant imagine any TI giving you the go ahead to swoop him with only 20 ws jumps. If so, he has no business being a TI. 3 people could have died as a result of you being bored. :|

Stupid stupid stupid.

Not trying to be harsh but this really was a brainless move on your part and potentially the TI's if he gave you thumbs up to do it.

I've been sorta blacklisted from the flocks at my local DZ so no flocks for me... but nice idea!

Btw how do you get out of a flat spin? I ended up just pulling and kicking out the twists. Thank god I got the LQRS.

Ya my advice will be sure to kill you... :S

I was only commenting to the 20 ws jumps and swooping tandems and being bored. Sounds like you answered that too though...

Good luck!

Hahahaha. Bill's got enough jumps to know better. Anyone decent at swooping tandems knows you start the spin above it so the tandem can watch you spin past.

And yeah, you use your arm wing cutaways to get out of the flat spin. Then you can pull low in a half flight/half track right over the DZ. :ph34r:

Snicker... you kill me John. I agree though, at least spin it out in front of the tandem's camera guy so that there is good footage of it!! :P

Heading straight for the tandem, then going into a flat spin underneath them. No wonder you have been blacklisted from the flock.......and most likely soon to be getting your ass whipped by a tandem instructor :S:D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Clearly: you have loads of jumps and can't work out that someone was trolling from my account.

Its getting even more pathetic....

Groan, that's enough. See kids why trolling isn't really that funny. Steve, tell Jack he'd better be on his best behaviour for a while!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Why did you get backlisted from your local Flock?

Maybe you can change DZ and flock elsewhere?!?

Flocking is actually one of the thing I like the most about wuingsuit flying.

At my DZ nobody is allowed to swoop tandems, not even the guys with more than 1000 ws jumps. It does not add anything to the tandem experiance and if something was ever to go wrong it would bias DZOs and STAs very negatively against Wuingsuits.

Good luck,
Riccardo
FU 5