bigbearfng

Porter exit Q

Anybody have an exit for multiple WS to keep it tight like you can from an Otter?
Thought of on the step, one hand on the strut then a couple WS more behind.....that didn't work! With SM1 just kinda spun offa there! :)Maybe 3 sitting, swing feet onto step then on count sit up and out all together? Then to get the next three out tight behind the first three? Hmmmm.

The last scenario you described is how I'd do it.

Climbing out of a porter SUCKS in a WS. Well atleast where I've jumped them...very high speed made it hard.

Say there were 6 of you...I would have 3 of you sit with your legs on the step, butt close to the edge, knees angeled forward to the prop. The next 3 behind diving. Starting with the rear-most guy then middle then front. Divers following.

I wouldn't worry about trying to chunk 6 out the door in 1 second... remember, your in a ws...you have a bit of time to group up. Make sure the base flys with the plane for a bit and your good to go!

edit to add... I pitty the poor bastards who try to fit more than say 6 Wingsuiters in a porter...ugh....

Side-subject...but putting the base out last and making sure everybody flies the exit, instead of first freefalling for a few hundred feet (with the better flyers exiting first floating back up to the base) seperation should also be much less of an issue...

In terms of porter exits, most of the french DVD stuff from loic has some nice examples of a tiny dozen people crammed into the door. But still, a spread and flying the exit more is something that can improve buildtime a lot more than a crammed exit with one or two 'lost' people due to spins and tumbles because somebodies foot is up someone elses nose..:)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Side-subject...but putting the base out last and making sure everybody flies the exit, instead of first freefalling for a few hundred feet (with the better flyers exiting first floating back up to the base) seperation should also be much less of an issue...

excellent point!! never really thought of that:)