sdctlc

Your Longest Flight Time?

yes,

The Xs is for sale. Jeff , myself and Tony have been jumping them since march. the suit flys like a scalded dog. We are selling them for 1700 dollars and you need 200 wingsuits jumps minimum! that is not negotiable either, but you will want the experience anyways. Jeff has done 3:53 from 1300 to 2000. I have done 3:24 from the samw alt. but the suit covers some serious distance. we just returned from the competion in germany. tony flew a 2.9:1 GL. jeff flew a 2.6:1 and i flew a 2.2:1.

the suit has much larger grippers and an eight inch longer tailwing than the supermach1, with magnets to deploy the tailwing. if you have the experience, come find one of us at a boogie and fly one!:)
Justin

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Where the XS's you had at Marl production models?
As they seemed larger than the first Xs Jeff had with him in Spa earlier this year?

Shame you guys had to break em in at the competition. Would have been cool to see what you could have done with the suits when you had some actual practice/jumps on em..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

3:24 sec from 13,500 to 2,500 => 36,8 mph

Jeff has done 3:54 13,000 to 2500 => 30,6 mph

Hi Justin, be realistic! Or post Paralog charts here!

If I see the best Jeff's result during "Wings over Marl", 65.2 s over 1000 meters, you can calculate

3:29 (13,000 to 2,500) => 34,3 mph

Even with the best time of Lutz, 70 seconds, you can obtain

3:44 (13,000 to 2,500) => 32,0 mph

BUT: this calculation is valid for constant fly over complete altitude difference with Marler vertical velocity. And the time during "Wings over Marl" include special stunt!

Hi Justin, be realistic! Or post Paralog charts here!

Its said, but I think that's true.

I have seen results over 4km between 3000m and 1500m in best glide more with SM1.
A good flier can fly around 3 min with a Phantom and that does not have huge wings at all.

Think what they could be flown with XS on floaty mode.....

I do think avg fallrate (in kmh/mph) says a bit more than the actual time (or at least makes comparison easier)

As one person might only have 10.000 ft of altitude to fly, and actually get better results (in terms of slow fallrates) than someone who flies a minute more, but has 18.000 ft of altitude.

Anyone of the numbers junkies care to do the math, and calculate fallrates for the times posted here?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Anyone of the numbers junkies care to do the math, and calculate fallrates for the times posted here?

Does it make any sense? I do feel different flying over 2200-2000m and under....
I think its a bit more complex than just simple calculus.

knowing what the fallrate is for a prolonged (10.000 ft or so) freefall does provide a better (be it rough) comparison of (build/suit/skill?)performance instead of people posting random times and altitudes..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

knowing what the fallrate is for a prolonged (10.000 ft or so) freefall does provide a better (be it rough) comparison of (build/suit/skill?)performance instead of people posting random times and altitudes..

Do you really think that a
jump profile is more comparable?

I think it would make more sense to compare average speed or max distance for a certain interval of altitude, like speed skydivers do.

I think it would make more sense to compare average speed or max distance for a certain interval of altitude, like speed skydivers do.

No...as you could then use a dive/flare to up (or lower:P) the numbers.

If you say you can fly 38 mph avg. and you manage to do that for a full 13.5 k down to 2.5 k jump. Thats a pretty solid base of comparison (when there is no high-speed/tailgate exit involved).

Its only a different way of writing what people are already posting now (I can fly XXX time from XXX altitude).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

remember guys, this is supposed to be a friendly, whats the best you have done forum. My best was 3.24 thats it. I did not say i can do 3:24 on every skydive. my average skydive is obviously lower than that. The neptune is obviously flawed. was it a flaw, well the jump did take FOREVER. when i landed thats what it said. true? i dont know, i wasnt counting:P. but that was my best. this will be a conversation that will go on and on until the world falls apart. numbers suck anyways, just cause you can achieve a certain nunber, doesnt make you cool or even skilled. how many scary rolls can you do with out killing each other. now thats a talent:P:P:P

Remember at the end of the day its about having fun with your friends, because even if you can stay in the sky the longest, that just means your alone for that much longer.:)
Justin

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

it is true i have gotten 3:53 from 12,700-2,000 measured (timed) by my camera pointing at my alti
At Marl i dove into my working altitude on almost every jump way to fast and did not do my best flying at, all but it was a fun learning experience for me
I plan on hosting some distance challenges at skydive sebastian this winter and have refined things to make it a more level playing field for all who attend detailes TBA

Jeff
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

At Marl i dove into my working altitude on almost every jump way to fast and did not do my best flying at all, but it was a fun learning experience for me

Same thing done by myself, but it is a good start to sort it out and next time I do better, for sure, hopefully.
It is funny anyway to see you guys excusing for the world record times which are flown 2 years ago ;) Christian
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

yes,

The Xs is for sale. Jeff , myself and Tony have been jumping them since march. the suit flys like a scalded dog. We are selling them for 1700 dollars and you need 200 wingsuits jumps minimum! that is not negotiable either, but you will want the experience anyways. Jeff has done 3:53 from 1300 to 2000. I have done 3:24 from the samw alt. but the suit covers some serious distance. we just returned from the competion in germany. tony flew a 2.9:1 GL. jeff flew a 2.6:1 and i flew a 2.2:1.

the suit has much larger grippers and an eight inch longer tailwing than the supermach1, with magnets to deploy the tailwing. if you have the experience, come find one of us at a boogie and fly one!:)
Justin

Been there, done that, couldn't get a time 'cos my Altitrack thought I'd deployed!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Airbus 340
12h30
ZRH to LAX

Dude..it was funny the first time someone made this joke in this thread...less funny when it was done the 2nd time...and now its just uber-gay:P

And got you beat with 21 hours from holland to australia;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And got you beat with 21 hours from holland to australia;)

errrr... did you not stop anywhere in between ??? :o:|

besides that 2'33'' in a S-Fly
didn't try a max time in the V2 or in Tristan's SM1
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM