tat2guy

tony suits vs birdman

I'm going to vote on this one with my wallet. I have 90 jumps on my Intro and will only consider another Tony suit now that I'm ready to upgrade. I'm 6'1" 195 and thinking of a SM1. I know it's a lot more wing, but feel I can handle it if I get the arm inflation mods. Any advice from the flock?

Hey Tony, still got my measurements?
Fast Ed
But what do I know?

The top range suits are still only mid range suits with a less than top range pilot.

In the flying performance acheived, maybe, but not from the point of view or wing size, or body position required to fly it.

The blade and the raptor are mid range suits.

The blade is NOT a mid range suit, irrespective of who flies it. If you want proof, i'd be happy to fly with you ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

The blade is NOT a mid range suit, irrespective of who flies it. If you want proof, i'd be happy to fly with you ;)

I know very experienced pilots who still prefer S6 over the Blade.

Also... what wingsuit did you buy with only a handful of wingsuit jumps to your name? ;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

This may come as a revelation to you but there are Blades here

Really? I thought americans only flew Tony Suits nowadays... ;)

I've even taken one for spin. The S-6/3s has more performance than the blade.

In your opinion. I have flown both, and prefer the performance of the Blade.

But then, of course this opens up a new debate on what you class as performance. Overall, speed, floaty-ness...?
:)

The blade is NOT a mid range suit, irrespective of who flies it. ;)

I see that I have struck a nerve by attacking the company flagship and the team top gun chosen demonstrator. Those of us that have been around wingsuits for a while knew the blade was going to be a great deal of hype over performance. Take a look at the long awaited pHi, where is it now. Cuban fiber, scallops, why?

Everything currently of value from BM is still a derivative from the robi designed skyflyer series just scaled up a bit. In fact if you didn't need the back vents of the blade, and there are a lot of people that do just fine without them, you can just buy a used S3 from back in 03 for $500 and have a competent rigger add a cell to the leg wing. Which would probably be cheaper than having that same rigger remove the annoying mylar from a newer more expensive S6/3s And you would still have more performance than a blade.

More performance being defined as a larger flight envelope all around, Faster, slower etc. But still not as fast as a vampire by a long shot.

Really? I thought americans only flew Tony Suits nowadays... ;)

That might be truer on the east coast. On the west coast its still a very healthy mix of everything. But its a movement that is gaining momentum. They are not just winning the races, they are winning in customer service and in product upgrade support.

I'm not in the new suit market, I have more than I need now. But if I was in the market for a new suit it would be a Tony for sure. If you lived stateside its a no brainer.

Glenn, aren't you flying a Ghost right now? Or do you have a Tony Suit? Based on what I've seen at Zhills, Lodi, Perris, Eloy, and Elsinore...sure seems like Tonysuits are gaining a lot of the US market. Don't know what it's like elsewhere. I do know that PhoenixFly has been great with service too, at least based on my one suit, limited experience.

Based on what I've seen at Zhills, Lodi, Perris, Eloy, and Elsinore...sure seems like Tonysuits are gaining a lot of the US market. Don't know what it's like elsewhere. I do know that PhoenixFly has been great with service too, at least based on my one suit, limited experience.

Keep in mind we are not seeing everybody that wingsuits locally at these events, specifically the socal. There are still a lot of every other product out there but the owners are not attending these camps. Lodi gets very good local representation Perris, snore and San diego not so much.

Yes I got the flocking suit I mean ghost. Don't own a tony. Haven't even tried a tony actually.

Do I need a new suit? Can't justify spending alot of money on the new furniture or flooring my wife is going to make me buy her, really. These things are as expensive as canopys and you can only fly one at a time.

Fixed it for you, Buddy..... :D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

spending alot of money on the new furniture or flooring my wife is going to make me buy her,

Fixed it for you, Buddy..... :D

I agree with her. When your flooring looks like the carpet of the packing hanger at your dropzone its time for new floors, really it is.:)

I see that I have struck a nerve by attacking the company flagship and the team top gun chosen demonstrator.

No nerve struck, I just disagree with you.

Blade, Vampire, and others; a derivative of the great Skyflyer suits? Yes! And your point is? :S

Your not getting my point birdy. When I say derivative I'm referring the exact same plane form scaled up. The S6/S3s is an exact copy of the original S3 but with a slightly wider leg and thick mylar rib reinforcement. All of the other differences are just cosmetic. The S8 or S10 that was hanging in the PIA looks similar but with wing trailing edges draped down much further.

The vampire isn't a radical change from a skyflyer but both the plane form and rib profiles are different enough to not be mistaken for a skyflyer.

The blade is a fresh start/ clean sheet idea. Its very different from everything before it. You can tell Robi had nothing to do with it. Its very stable and they are very pretty:D Its just not the top offering on the BM product list, the most expensive yes, not the top performing.

The blade is a fresh start/ clean sheet idea. Its very different from everything before it. You can tell Robi had nothing to do with it. Its very stable and they are very pretty:D Its just not the top offering on the BM product list, the most expensive yes, not the top performing.

Almost agree with you here. Very stable. Check! Very pretty. Check! If you by "top performing" mean if it performs better than the S6; The lift and glide for me is much better. Speed? well aprox. the same give and take.

Hello wingsuiters :)

Im a relative fresh wingsuit pilot. I have bought a Intro from Tony Suits and are about to buy two more suits from them. It will be my 4th suit with the RW suits.
The costumer support at Tony is EXCELLENT and much more. It dosent take long to get responce on mails and the suits are fenomenal. (Small things that makes big diffrences)
I live in Norway from ordering to I got the suit it took 4-5weeks.
TONY SUITS ARE THE BEST.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TONY.

What a great first post ;)

LOL... Well atleast we know its not tony... We can actually read and comprehend it :P:P

Talking to him is just as bad.. :D:D

No, I don't fly a wing suit... yet!
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...