unclecharlie95

Wingsuit segment on 60 minutes (Australian TV)

60 minutes did a segment on wingsuit flying recently "Up, up and away". Sensationalist but some nice footage to enjoy over a coffee break:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&tab=m163&mediaid=126114&from=39&vid=C54412B6-BE66-4157-9437-A56274B67E99&playlist=videoByTag:mk:en-AU:vs:0:tag:aunews_au60minutes:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A
BASEstore.it

The man who invented wingsuits...

Robbi?! :D What happend to Patrick? Or maybe Leo, seeing as he survived a couple of jumps...

Still, good piece. You look very dapper James, but you could have tried to slip in a 'Campos' at some point ;)

Anyone have any more detail on this record attempt by the Australians? Suprised we haven't seen more about it.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Having worked with the press on a few occassions .... this is very well done.

Thanks for the continued exposure on wingsuiting.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Wow... I'm impressed.
"...but whatever you do, don't call them crazy."

Who would have thought this would be a media statement regarding ws flyers, in our lifetime.

Nice piece, keeping it real.

ps. What about footage rights? This was a comprehensive collection of quality footage. Anyone been asked if it was ok? Not me...

Wow... I'm impressed.
"...but whatever you do, don't call them crazy."

Who would have thought this would be a media statement regarding ws flyers, in our lifetime.

Nice piece, keeping it real.

ps. What about footage rights? This was a comprehensive collection of quality footage. Anyone been asked if it was ok? Not me...

yes, brilliant footage, a little from everywhere,
A very long segment for TV, brilliant
shame they spent so much of it on the accidents, made me cringe, cant imagine what the "public" thinks,
"just confirms what a bunch of crazies they are" .....maybe....

anyway we need more of our sport in the public eye, so all good, well done guys
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

hmmm I assumed the footage from Loic and you guys had been acquired in the correct manner!?

An item on MSNBC a while ago also had quite a bit of footage just taken from various online sources. Wouldnt be a big surprise if not all footage was aquired through the proper channels.

With a lot of people posting stuff online as theirs, its sometimes hard for broadcast agencies to try and trace the actual owner of the footage.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Impressive piece considering it was geared for the general public. It seemed to convey our view of the sport better than any other segment so far and as Tony said it was quite long in length.

Very well done and I too like Jeb's comment about the adsurdness of spending your like inside a cubicle.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Do a search for it and you'll find a thread here about those jumps.

Opps, didn't mean to open a can of worms ;) Regardless, amazing scenery on that jump.

I forced my dad to watch this 60 minutes segment when it aired (being Australian) and the 55yo bugger signed up for his AFF1 the next day... so perhaps it was a decent representation to the general public.

Very nicely done indeed.

Yeah I recognized many pieces of film from Crosswind and Soul Flyers and such; I would hope they got it through the proper channels, but sometimes there's just not enough time to trace the owners of the footage, like Jarno said.

Cheers
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Very nicely done indeed.

Yeah I recognized many pieces of film from Crosswind and Soul Flyers and such; I would hope they got it through the proper channels, but sometimes there's just not enough time to trace the owners of the footage, like Jarno said.

Cheers

Given that TCN9 have twice ripped off footage without permission (the infamous Slim at Garie beach incident, and my cut of Stoopid BASE- which the Producer was told she didn't have permission ot use) my money is actually on permission having not been obtained. [:/]
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."