unclecharlie95

Vx(3) proto, sneak preview

Hey, where did you demo one? Me and you are the same size unless I am confused. 6'2", 175 lb?
Kris

Yes, we're the same size. I demoed direct from the manufacturer, oddly enough. But I did like the V2 and flew it almost exclusively for the past 200ish WS jumps, so maybe it still comes down to preference on whether you will like the next Vampire.

Nothing odd about you demoing one. People like to hear positive things. No offense, you are a self confessed known positive. I am an unknown that used to be a known positive( as a guy that pre ordered two previous generation Vampires, counting down the days to the release). As for my questions about a possible demo/order, I'll take them up to Robi.

If you are so happy with a V2, why change it? We, the ones that moaned for something better all along will get V3s? Nah kidding, everyone wanting the fastest suit should get one because it is finally here. That is just my opinion, you guys make up your mind.

Have you stopped to think for a second why Robi changed the V2? In such a radical way? The V3 is closer to the V1 than it is to the V3*. Go ahead, ask the man yourself. The direction that the V3 has gone says it loud and clear. The V2 design ideology(shape over inflation) for the arm wings has been dropped. It is in the dumpster outside the PF Factory.

Kris
* Chuck mentioned this over two years ago and his suggestion met with a lot of skepticism(me included). He was right.

Interesting Kris... but incorrect. The V3 flies better than the V2 and the V2 flew better than the V1.

If you line up the S4S, V1, V1xs, V2, V2xs and the V3 you can see the evolution of the design not "2 steps back".

You'll have to wait to see the V3 in the flesh to appreciate it.

One day you should really make your own suit :)

BASEstore.it

In my opinion the evolution is pretty clear. Better suits or not. during the years we have learned stuff. Flying hasn't only gone better, it have changed during a period of times. To create suits that is not only getting faster or better in performance, we need to build suits that fits in to the modern belief in flying.

its the old form of action - reaction...

People fly the V2... its fast anf good. but people want to fly even furhter and to start earlier to have more range... here we have the V3...

Another religion of flying wants smaller suits so they can be more agressive, fly closer with more control and more safety, doing aerobatics... here we need to fill the need for this group with the Shadow ar Acro 2.

Another religion of flying wants to stay up forever and count every fraction of the second they stay in the wing suit. Or they want to fly with other people looking at eachother for a long time not having to actually bother about flying position or tecneque. Here we got the "flocking suits" such as ghost or stealth.

The change between V1 - V2 and V3 is not only to make things better4 , its also how to make things fit for the ongoing fashion in the WS world.

IN my opinion V2 and V3 ar two uits for 2 different purpouses... But I know Im about the only one that think this way.. Id love to fly both suits but for different purpouses and in different styles.

THe thing that is absolutley better is the V3s new inlets and preassure control. Its so clean and the flow over the wings is great. it gives the pilot much less drag and almost no flapping of the wings...
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

Kris ,

Interesting thoughts. I reckon ( just contemplating..)

1. shoulder inlets might have been shown to contribute to disruption of the airflow over the upper surface of the wings..... through vortex prodution ..?

2. this is the most important area for smooth airflow if optimum performance is wanted..

3. under arm inlets like seen on V3 get round this and provide equal inflation now design has been thouroughly tested and fine tuned.

4. lift is maximised ( if ever produced?) by this philosophy?

5. all this only helps strong flyers who are able to maintain optimum postition for the entire or most of the flight, otherwise any other large WS would do ....

just my thoughts

D

It was not my intention to imply 2 steps back. I did say arm wings. As discussed earlier the V2 had a solid leg wing so overall being better than the V1, it does not IMO make an argument that the shoulder inlets are better for the arm wings.

As the V3 is here what's the point arguing about outdated suits? I know I started it. :$

Kris

1) Is there mylar or other stiffeners in the arm wing?

2)Its a zip in suit, no more cables correct?

3)Is the little diagonal patch of fabric on the #1 cell next to the MLW penetration on the website JPG the air inlet?

1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

If there are no cables how does the cutaway work fellas?

• Over the shoulder zip attachment makes assembly faster and simpler.
• New arm sleeve cut away system.

The attachment is through zippers, the cutaway is the same as the Stealth. (IIRC).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The Ghost 2 will be without cables and we will see for the future generations of the Phantom and Acro.

Rhaaaaah, I want one!! When will the Ghost 2 be released (the cables are the only thing i didn't like about it)?

Saw a Ghost 2 the other week and looks very nice and clean with the zips covered. Clean looking suit.

This thread has been limping along, how about a few more pictures of the V3 to get it at a fever pitch again!!!!! Have any of the production suits been shipped? It was Halloween yesterday, you can at least pass out some eye candy!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

no way, i would give you all the suits in the universe so you can talk about laminar airflow and all that shit, and how the color of the material makes a difference just like some older fighter aircraft that were just polished aluminum and not painted to add perfomance characteristics. wait, wait, we could also add rivets beacuse rivets in the right places can add lift.
enjoy.
luka
---------------------------------
canyon bar