unclecharlie95

Vx(3) proto, sneak preview

Just from looking at the second picture for 2 seconds you can see the wing at the trailing edge root is cut phantom 1 style, and the shoulder intake is gone...not even mentioning cell width, chord length, and chord position/angle.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Looks good indeed!
Is it supposed to be a V3, like in more speed, more lift, more distanse, OR is it a base oriented "shadow" with very good speed, but more suitable for steap flights, terrain flying and radical manuvering?

Anyone?
Ove

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Looks good indeed!
Is it supposed to be a V3, like in more speed, more lift, more distance, OR is it a base oriented "shadow" with very good speed, but more suitable for steep flights, terrain flying and radical maneuvering?

This prototype is for speed and distance. I've done a few jumps on it now and it is an interesting suit. Cleanest and fastest V suit I've flown so far. Glide is a step up from the V2 but the suit seems easier to fly too.
BASEstore.it

This prototype is for speed and distance. I've done a few jumps on it now and it is an interesting suit. Cleanest and fastest V suit I've flown so far. Glide is a step up from the V2 but the suit seems easier to fly too.

As in technique or physical strain or both?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Looks like the BASE pouch/deployment handle is located in a better position... with a more natural direction of pull than on the V1 & V2.

It looks like a blended wing root. You can't see how the laterals enter the suit but its not hidden by a bulging wingcell its a smooth transition.

a couple more shots..

It was obvious from the initial pics(more so from these pics) that inflation vs shape choice on this suit is the correct one for the first time in the V line.

No wonder that it is easier to fly. Better inflation makes flying easier.

Kris

Dude, you've got the coolest job in the world!B|

Just for fun, I'm so jealous that I have to throw in some good natured ribbing here.

I can just see you in a bar swooping on a lady.

"So, what do you do for a living?"

"Uhmmm, I Uhhh, well ... let's just say you would KNOW I'm bullshitting you if I told you. So, let's just say I'm a piano player in a whore house.";)

Cool pics! But seriously, does it work telling the ladies you test jump new BASE wingsuits? Enquiring minds want to know. LOL

Having seen the thing up close, and the speeds at which JB was flying the thing after breakoff..its definately a toy Id want to have..

The inflation looked incredibly solid (even on dirty flying), and the quality is PF standard (as you might expect).

From the V1 to V2, I personaly didnt see an alltogether big difference in performance (not big enough to want to upgrade if I owned a v1), but this is something completely different from the previous two.

The size is especialy amazing. Its big (a lot bigger than previous Vs) yet doesnt look big when flying (it doesnt look like somone is wrapped in 20 meters of fabric, unlike most bigger flock-specific suits).

Anyways...shame money doesnt come in truckloads..otherwise I know Id be owning this one (and an Sfly for fun) in notime..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?