bodypilot1

New V series mod

Can't slow down enough to flock without falling out of the formation in your Vampire?
Here is a mod designed to increase the armwing surface area and change the arm angle for slower forward flight when you need it!
You'll also be suprised with the extra performance when going back to MAX forward flight.;)
PM me for details.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

In the video Stu took, you can see Pete flying slow and smooth with the mod. I can post the vid here if it helps. The double cutaway on the wing sure was interesting. Is that to prevent having to permanently mod the wing?

In the video Stu took, you can see Pete flying slow and smooth with the mod. I can post the vid here if it helps. The double cutaway on the wing sure was interesting. Is that to prevent having to permanently mod the wing?

The inflatable wedge is removed easily, yes.

Can't slow down enough to flock without falling out of the formation in your Vampire?

Quit blaming the suit and learn to fly it!!!

Though I will have to give Ed some credit for not destroying a suit to modify it so later when everyone makes fun of you for not being able to fly you can take it off and go back to the original design.

There is also a mod for most other suits that requires nothing more than straighten your legs out.:P

hugs and kisses
Voodew

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Quit blaming the suit and learn to fly it!!!

Though I will have to give Ed some credit for not destroying a suit to modify it so later when everyone makes fun of you for not being able to fly you can take it off and go back to the original design.

There is also a mod for most other suits that requires nothing more than straighten your legs out.:P

hugs and kisses
Voodew

It's not my suit or design, it's the desisgn of a brilliant Master Rigger ;)
Sure people can say straighten your legs out to fly, but when you have a 10way, and all are flying different suits and they are flocking at a comfortable speed for all of them to fly in it, except YOU because your sinking out of the formation in your V suit, then this mod will help you to stay up in the flock! This mod changes the swept arm and gives more surface area.
Kinda like on a RW load when you see jumpers adding the baggy sleeves to slow their fall rate.

Now where have I seen that before? Ah, that's right, I made something almost exactly like that a year ago for a V1...;)

My version just wraps around at the trailing edge, and as the cutaway cables wrap around as well, the trailing edge at the base of the wing is really a bit too thick.

I didn't feel like cutting up a perfectly good cutaway handle for this experiment, so I just stuck the handle inside the wing, in one piece, hence the cable that needs to wrap around.

The test pilot got some fairly impressive fall rates as measured on a ProTrack, but forward speed was not measured and probably wasn't that great anyway. Apparently flying in full flight was incredibly hard compared to the regular version of the suit, and he could only keep it up for half a minute or so.

What does Robi think. That's the question which I want answered.....

I think I'll just buy a ghost instead if I feel the need to flock that badly with a bunch of bigger suits.....

Or flock with like / fast suits. Then again, flocking a V2 seems like a waste anyway.....

Cool idea though.... I guess....

_justin

After letting things gel in my head a bit, I have two more thing to do on my suit. I'm hoping to make it flock friendly, without lot's more outward changes. The original intent was to bring the leading edge angle forward to give the pilot more lower speed control without getting into a "contorted" flying position. I'm glad someone also thought of this and made a prototype that flew. The wing root / leading edge change works well and is removable between flights. In all design changes there are tradeoffs, I think max fwd speed will be lower, but hey this is for people that do not want to spend $1200- $1400 on a new suit. More details to come as I get them and no, I will not talk about them here until I have at least tested them myself or get input from my local guy's/ girl's. Back to work patching a VX that got sliced and diced at a ski running or whatever they call it event.........

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj9JDsUkYlw"]Look towards around the four minute mark, you'll see Pete wearing the mod, and in that jump, you can see him flocking quite nicely, just to the left/rear of Veggie.