sethgray

SkyRay back on the radar

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352477,00.html#

Looks like the military has done a bit of work on the concept, and I'm glad to see that they haven't completely killed the idea of allowing consumer enjoyment!

I want one !!:)
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Thats a very PR-esque piece of writing. Their marketing department is taking journalistic liberties with some of that information and capabilities. The prototypes were at the AN-72 bogies 2 years ago and they were getting out after the flock. Performance wasn't that great in comparison to what we were doing in wingsuits. They have since made some adjustments to the wing and it is getting better. I spent a good deal of time at PIA in Reno in a meeting with them and 2 other companies with similar technologies. I am still waiting for them to deliver a model for us to test in the wind tunnel and gather some data. Once that is complete and everything checks out, myself and one other will be jumping it...but thats a ways down the road. The man who designed the Gryphon designed the original SkyRay and the Gryphon is an evolution of it. I wouldn't expect to see one on a DZ anytime soon. Right now, the ones you see pictured have a $500,000 price tag and you would need (at a minimum) a 1 man support crew in the A/C and it would have to be at least a skyvan or wider.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

video has no oppening shot. exit from the aircraft and landing are on two different continents. as the landing that was filmed was at UAQ drop zone in the United Arab Emirates and the exit looks more like europe from PINK skyvan or similar. just a little FYI.
enjoy,
luka
---------------------------------
canyon bar