birdynamnam

Javelin wingsuit mod

Suggestion, try taking the photos of a blue container on a background of a different color. Kind of hard to see blue on blue.

My computer shows it just fine. Container mods like that are not needed unless deploying in full forward flight, IMO.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

could someone please post pics showing a Javelin rig with wingsuit mod (aka dynamic corners). Closeup pics of the mod and how (bad?) it looks when packed. I think swoopers also use this mod. Thanks :)

I would not recommend fully opening(dynamic) the corners on the bottom of your container as it can create some other issues that have been discussed quite a bit on here before. Rather I recommend that you open them partially or 3/4 of the way so that there is still a sewn corner(1") on the bottom of the container. Cosmetic issues aside, the fully open corners,often seen on base rigs, can create deployment sequence problems in a skydiving environment and there is also the issue of exposed lines that tend to poke out.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'd second that... I fly an old Jav NJ with a 135 stuffed in it. No mods whatsoever, 28" PC, 9 foot bridle. Packed grommet up and pitched in full flight it isn't an issue. I used to get random linetwists till I figured out to use tiny line bites and a good 4 feet of unstowed line coiled on the bottom of the rig to make sure nothing asymmetrical plucked at the Dbag until it was already moving fast. Haven't had line twists since last August. Never did the corners mod because I never saw a need for it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Cosmetic issues aside, the fully open corners,often seen on base rigs, can create deployment sequence problems in a skydiving environment and there is also the issue of exposed lines that tend to poke out.

On the cosmetic side, on my infinity you cant tell I put them on when packed. To avoid the line issue I pack with the line up to the reserve container so what ever forward speed I have does not have to rotate the bag coming off my back, it just pull it out.

Do I think I really needed it, well, not really I guess since I did lots of WS jumps on non-dynamic corner rigs but I figure that if you look at the situation and what it can create, it seemed that the benefits were acceptable to me and I don't have any issues...

I can get some pics later if you want

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Soo, forgive my ignorance here, but what issue does the dynamic corner mod prevent? Line twists from the bag leaving at an unusual angle in relation to the jumper due to the forward movement associated with wingsuits?

-syn
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin