990€ a V2
980€ a Stealth
975€ a Ghost
710€ a Phantom

810€ a Rigor Mortis

BLADE 1,200.00EUR
BLADE
Click to enlarge

BLADE is the new suit from BIRDMAN, a pioneer in manufacturing, design and invention.

this is the actual price with VAT and without any extras.
The 780euro thing was only a christmas special, if i remember correctly.

piisfish wrote:

VAT is for people inside the EU isn't it ? :P

-22% VAT makes 936 euro.

Is the Mach1 actually faster in forward speed, or just able to fly for a longer distance?

We can make sure that PeteS takes part in the speed /distance challenge in Lodi this year. I hear he is getting good in his mach 1 ( he told me so). Of course he still has to beat out the Lodi french secret weapon to get the jack pot. You should be in too this year Charlie and you also secret agent Tony. Last year Avery and Dingo were too busy chasing "el guapo" down low to give Damien serious competition. Lets be serious and see what the mach and the vamp are capable of.

All the birdman suit prices you quoted were way off
Blade 1200 euro
S6 998 euro

which makes the V2s price and performance your best buy

all the prices I quoted were from the website.

and apparently noone flew it, so someone has to sacrifice, and this one will be me.

and maybe later i'll get a V3 ;)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

In my experienceof big "top end"suits i have flown - V, SM1, Blade, Stealh ect - they are all so close on performance that if you really try fly hard you would end up with very similiar numbers in my experience. they all FEEL very different in flying which is one thing you might prefer of suit A vs suit B.

one thing which i would make very sure of when buying a new "top end" suit is that it has AIRLOCKS. thats changes performace drastically for normal flying and i suspect marginally when you are flat out max flying. but i think its a very big improvment and for me draws the line in the sand from old vs new technology in ws design.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

The wingsuit discipline continues to grow and the market is maturing.

I see that the "purchase decision" process is becoming more detailed, it is no longer just a question of which suit has the "look ma bigger wings" or 7:1 glide ratio.

Ease to assemble / wear / fly, cut away system, materials, build quality, color options, 2nd hand value, delivery time and price are becoming more important.
BASEstore.it

some pilots of unlimited offshore powerboats say: the question is not ``how fast you go``-it`s
``how you go fast``
same thing in WS-flying, you can fly S3 and S6 up to the same speed,in S3 you will have nice training-in S6 lots of fun.
WS are like cars, cadillac/citroen/ferrari/toyota . . .
different driving/different prices . .I love ferrari-``you are what you fly``;)

don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

I love black Latex with an open butt and chaffs, but no manufacturer is catering my needs yet..

Jarno you are really gonna like California ---- maybe Jeff N. can take you to a few bars I hear he frequentsB|

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

That is a very narrow minded statement. The V suit lost last year to the M1.

Kris.

Wasn't that distance not speed?

Same difference :P.

If you don't understand read any of the plethora of posts by Yuri_base.

Kris

so, if WS jumper use about 1/3 of time less to get to the same point or futrher in the sky what then then the another WS jumper?!
Agree!
Read whatever post about the magic of flying w the nylon. :S
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

It may be personal preference, but if 2 suits fly the same glide ratio, then the 'slower' one (giving you more airtime for the same trajectory) would be my choice.

Also in terms of BASE, being able to fly slower (at the same MAX glide) would seem like an advantage in terms of reaction time and enjoyment.

Though of course, if the added speed brings you added distance..than the 'faster' suit would also have my preference.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It may be personal preference, but if 2 suits fly the same glide ratio, then the 'slower' one (giving you more airtime for the same trajectory) would be my choice.

Also in terms of BASE, being able to fly slower (at the same MAX glide) would seem like an advantage in terms of reaction time and enjoyment.

Though of course, if the added speed brings you added distance..than the 'faster' suit would also have my preference.

Jarno, with all the respect, but you definitely need LATEX on your suit to make you faster :)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Jarno, with all the respect, but you definitely need LATEX on your suit to make you faster :)

Wrapped in latex Ill be faster alright...running from Purple Mike:P
(sorry Mike..this is the last one joke your expense...promise....but its just soo easy)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

belive it or not,2 days ago I talked to Danni about a wingsuit from latex,maybe just the wings(inflatable cells).now you start kidding with this things . .open butt etc.>:(
serious,I was searching for words,how to explane BM the latex-story,now James said: ``send the latex``:o
which model will be the best? I want to wear it also at the ``rubberball in london:)

don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

That is a very narrow minded statement. The V suit lost last year to the M1.

Kris.

Kris

so, if WS jumper use about 1/3 of time less to get to the same point or futrher in the sky what then then the another WS jumper?!
Agree!
Read whatever post about the magic of flying w the nylon. :S

Whatever Dude:S. If you want to be petty about it fine:D. I was just responding to VectorBoy's post in an offhand manner.

The reason the race was mentioned was not to piss anyone off. I myself have said the same things that Tony and VectorBoy say today. Regardless, the race proved that most big suits are quite close in performance.

How much increase in performance has Yuri K had between S3 and V2 that is purely because of the suit and not the new ultra thin rigs? It was a very small amount.

Before the S8, if someone wanted a suit that had a balance for glide, there was only one choice(IMO). They had to come to you for it. Now wingsuit pilots have a choice. That is great!!

I paid you for 3 V suits and they didn't really work for me. I might as well spend my money to support other manufacturers that are making an honest effort.

Kris

Kris.

Kris

it is not about the type nor about what you bought or whatever....
It is about the understanding what the speed is all about. Therefore read what Yuri wrote it might be helpful to you............
and yes... relax
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

IMO the bigger suit is less enjoyable to fly in BASE, i get less distance but more time.

The emotions and sensation of flight are less intense. Compared to the V2 the Stealth feels like being under a canopy.

It is also harder to fly precisely making proximity even more risky. (and it took me along time to find the PC on my 1st cliff jump, a few seconds skydiving is not such a big issue...)
BASEstore.it

Sorry to get back on topic, but...

I was reading on the website about the s8's "bi-convex wing", There was an explanation on the website, but I had a difficult time grasping the concept. Can anyone elaborate? Maybe even someone that's flown it?