mccordia

2nd WINGSUIT Boogie and Competition Hungary 2008

Hello people,

Though I sadly cant be there this year, I would like to point you all to the following boogie. Last year I was lucky enough to spend my best days of the whole summer there! And the rest of my summer didnt suck! This boogie just rocked out so much compared to all the rest!
If you are looking for an awesome place to visit and jump, cheep jumps, awesome people, and a way to much fun competition and flocking event, then this is definately not something you want to miss!
Wine-tasting, parties and a group of people who put every bit of effort they can into making this the best boogie ever!

And you get a free T-Shirt!

Without further words of praise...here is the flyer for this years event:

2nd WINGSUIT Boogie and Competition Hungary 2008
World Meet of “Bird” Men and Women for the title of „Flattest Bird”

MBSE (Hungarian BASE and Skydiving Club) with support of Hungarian Parachute Association is organizing the second edition of the number one performance flying wingsuit competition again.
The WINGSUIT Boogie and Competition, Hungary 2008 is THE place to go for those who are addicted to human flight.

• The event will take place again at one of the most popular dropzones of Hungary. The DZ Kapos is located 70km south from Lake Balaton, next to the town of Kaposvár with an amazing view of the “Hungarian sea” from the air.

• There will be free first flight courses, demo suits available, safety discussion and free consultation possibilities with experienced flyers and instructors from around the world during the 4 day long event.

• We are expecting almost all of the Hungarian wingsuit pilots and several experienced wingsuit flyers from around the world.

• The Competition and Flock & Fly event will be coordinated by 3 skilled and licensed Hungarian Bird-Man instructors.

• Big way formations will be organized and safety training will be held by Chief Instructors and visiting guest instructors from Bird-Man Inc. (to be announced).

• Both non wingsuiter skydivers and spectators warmly welcome during the event.

• The competition: The goal of the competition is to find out the flattest flying angle that can possibly be done by competitors.

The winner is the one who can reach the flattest average flight angle within 1500m vertical distance. The average angle of the best 3 flights counts. Scoring will start on the level of 3000m and stops at 1500m. Scores will be given according to the best angle, connecting the first and last point of coordinates of GPS data. (GPSs will be provided by organizers)

Jumps will be done from L-410 plane on 4000m exit level.
    During the 3 competition days, a maximum 10 competition jumps are allowed to be done.
    A minimum 4 is manditory.

This year there will be 2 different categories to judge. One for wingsuit pilots (from type Prodigy/Access and above) and a tracking category, where one is allowed to used commercial or homemade tracking suits (Impact, Tracer, Pressurized, PF tracking gear etc.) as well as freefly or any kind of other suits.
    Male and female jumpers will be judge together, and jumpers are allowed to join in both wingsuit and tracking categories.

Awards: Medals for the first 3 competitors in each category.

Free jump tickets for the wingsuit category from the Kapos DZ:
    1st place: 9 jumptickets
    2nd Place: 6 jumptickets
    3d place: 3 jumptickets

Bird-Man prizes in wingsuit category (usable when ordering new suit) :
    1st place: 400€
    2nd Place:200€
    3d place: 100€.

Tracking category:
    Bird-Man and Intrudair tracking suits and clothes for first 3 competitors.

Other prizes:
    Bird-Man, Salomon, Intrudair and other presents.

Special prize for the best and worst flight!

+ T-shirts for all competitors with the logo of the event (who made at least 4 valid jumps)

Fee:
    Free of charge. Advanced registration needed!

Jump tickets (for competitors):
    16 Euros or 3900 Ft for 4000m !!!

Conditions:
    According to the Hungarian regulations for wingsuit jumping holding minimum FAI C licence is necessary.
    For tracking category FAI B licence required.

Helmet, audible altimeter, wingsuit specific parachute, blue FAI licence and reserve packing documentation needed.

Date, location:
    10-13.07.2008. Kapos DZ - Kaposújlak.

Boogie starts:
    9.00-9.30am (10th of July) with briefing at the DZ/
    Jumping starts at 10.00am.

All other days jumping will be done from 9.00am-till sunset.

Safety and training presentation:
    20.00pm-11st of July

prize giving ceremony:
    12th of July. - 21.00 on site. (Rain day: 13.07.2008.)

To get there:
    By car look for Kaposújlak on map, very near to Kaposvár, search for the sign of airport. Free transports will be organized for limited people from and back to Budapest on 09th and 13d of July late afternoon to DZ and back from DZ. For more info [email "[email protected]"]contact us[/email]

Other programs:
    Jumping a Cessna 182 during the event (Unique chance for the spoiled turbine-plane jumpers)

Balloon jumps
    every morning and evening from 1200m for 10.000.Ft or 40 Euro,

wine tasting of Szörényi Winery
    Drinking, picking up chicks (guys) and dance contest in Kaposvár.

Accommodation possibilities:
    In tents on DZ free of charge, accommodation on DZ for 1800-2500Ft or 7-10 Euros/night (2-6 persons/room, advanced booking advised!!), in Retz furniture store for 1 beer/night or in ditches or empty fields or wherever the night ends for free of charge.

Catering:
    Self catering. Warm meal for lunch, cold food for breakfast/dinner and drinks will be available in the bar of DZ.

Info, contact:
    Organizers:
    Szörényi Csaba, +36-302804854 ([email protected]); Verebes Gábor : +36-702720183 ([email protected]); Bécsy Balázs, 70-3755200 ([email protected])

DZ info
    tel.: Boros Attila (Swicka) 20-7779032 ([email protected])
    www.kaposdz.hu

Sponsors, supporters:

BIRD-MAN Inc.
    Kapos DZ
    Salomon
    Intrudair
    Szörényi Winery – Ikonterv Ltd.
    Hungarian Parachute Association

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

I've probably got too much on too, but I'd also like to second Jarno's thoughts on the Hungarian boogie. The organisers are very welcoming, know how to party... and Kaposvár has great weather that time of year (it was mid 30s Celcius last year, and blue skies all day B|)

You won't be disappointed if you go!

Richard

--
    BASE #1182
    Muff #3573
    PFI #52; UK WSI #13

o.k. this year we need to find some way to take the first frice from hungaryans. Any ideas - opened to everything.

c u there, and does the serbian girl comming - Ana, r u comming sister.

jetra su mi propala, bubreg mi je u .. bla bla bla bla bla

o.k. this year we need to find some way to take the first frice from hungaryans. Any ideas - opened to everything.

c u there, and does the serbian girl comming - Ana, r u comming sister.

jetra su mi propala, bubreg mi je u .. bla bla bla bla bla

keep your hands off >:(
    B|:)c-ya pale

Hi All,

The date is getting close, warm up your wings for hardcore flights in Hungary !
    Untill now we have 48 competitors pre-registered...and we are still open for anyone in tracking or wingsuit category !

We will start with wine tasting pre party on the evening of 9th of July, competition jumps start at 9am on 10th of July on thursday.

Csaber

the vent was again a great experience to all bird people that were there. Thnx for the hungaryan team for putting up event like this.

pool was excelent

One sugestion for next year - as u added a category for the treckers, if there is gonna b more people on semi same suit, make a category also for them.

I think that someone flying biger suit can easly overfly others, aldo Peter from Hungary showed that he can jump on his BM Blade almost the same as other people fly big toni or PF wing suits.

best regards to all - if someone found a drunken person under the bar and took it up and not throwed her/him in gather thnx

Csaber thnx again

Dear All,

Thanks for everyone who attended and spent this 4 days with us in Kaposújlak, Hungary. We had perfect weather, 39 competitors alltogether in 2 categories, wine tasting, other hard drinkin, nice celebrations (first wingsuit jump, 600th jump, 3000th jump, first ballon jump, etc..) and great prize givin ceremony...
    Congratulations for all participants, we got amazing performances in wingsuit category by Tristan and by Gabi in tracking...nice to see that improvement year by year.
    Hope everyone had a nice time here, and will see more birds next year from around the world.

Csaber

Nice results!

But, if I compare Glide Ratio with 2007, you can see significant progress here:

1st Place 2007: 3300/(3300-1500)=1,833
    1st Place 2008: 3970/(3000-1500)=2,647

What it is? Experience? New wingsuits? Or just tailwind?

Nice results!

But, if I compare Glide Ratio with 2007, you can see significant progress here:

What it is? Experience? New wingsuits? Or just tailwind?

Look at the scores tristan, robi, james etc set at different competitions all around. Sometimes its not even close to 1.6, other times its close to 3.0 or even over.

Comparing results within one competition is possible as long as there are no sudden changes in wind/jumprun etc.

But comparing competition results from different locations, with different weather conditions/jumpruns is not really possible.

If you want to have compareable results, build a 4 km high, 12 km long enclosed hangar, and have all future competitions there..

If skyjester could do a few less MIG rides per year, maybe he'd be willing to finance:P
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Thanks for this great event!!!

I think there are much more factors that influence the results like, temperature, humidity, alcoholpercentage, x-factor.

I finally did my first balloon jump:
    http://www.tristan.tw/videos/TristanBalloonHungary.wmv
    But these Hungarians have a rather strange way of congratulating me :S:P

I´m looking forward to getting my ass kicked (not literally this time please:D) next year by 30 Tonysuits.:)

Tristan
    Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

In 2007, we also measured between 3000-1500, so the ratio was 2.2 last year.
    Trsitan ate beans this time or had some secret weapon, because we did not have so strong tail wind...I hope he will have some kind of occasion to celebrate next year too...to punsih him for his glide ratio...
    Intresting, that big surface suits beat speed suits like V or SF...ah, I know more about the pilot, but still...

CS

But these Hungarians have a rather strange way of congratulating me :S:P

Oh, you've discovered the "smacking" thing! :P

Women are exempt from that one... they just have to make pancakes with cottage cheese. ;)

I presume Csaber and the others got you very, very drunk? :P:D
    --
    BASE #1182
    Muff #3573
    PFI #52; UK WSI #13