unclecharlie95

Phantom 2 prototype @ Z4.0

Nope....that Campos is definitely real...which makes it all the more entertaining. I am literally sitting here laughing out load.

Thx for the pics!!!
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

the Campos®™ shot is obviously a terrible Photoshop job.
Suit looks nice though!

hehe...sorry Scott....I fear I created a monster by converting your name into a brand and photo-catagory:PB|

Love the the large inlets..must work really well in terms of inflation in the first few seconds on WS base jumps..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Yeah basically the new purple Mike, without the whole bothersome purple Mike thing, U know like safe around kids and pets.

Dont forget household appliences and heavy machinery..:P

Or ponies...
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I guess since I put a few flights on this prototype at FnD, I'll throw in my 2 cents on how I thought it flew:

-It inflated a lot quicker out the door than the Phantom, and stayed inflated throughout the entire flight. Even flocking, the tail wing just wouldn't flap at all. The the tail wing of the Phantom 1 I flew liked to flap no matter what I did with my legs, though this may have been because it was a borrowed suit.

-It has a good bit more "pop" in flocking, probably due to the slightly larger arm wings.

-On a solo maxed out flight, I easily equaled my best performance in the Phantom in terms of both distance covered (measured by the mk. 1 eyeball!) and flight time (Around 2:30). It felt like there was still more performance to be had, though.

-It's every bit as easy to fly as the first Phantom with more range. I really liked the re-designed grippers, too. They're the same as on the Ghost.

Verdict: I can't wait for mine to arrive!!!

Cheers
The best things in life are dangerous.

So I see that PF has reinvented the intake system on their newest suits. The Ghost used and improved upon the tried and true shoulder/abdomen inlets of the Phacro/V-2 while trying out a new leg wing intake system. I see the new Phantom-2 uses the same full length arm inlet and "improved" leg system used on the Stealth.

For those that have flown these newer suits, is this system any large improvement? I know that Tony's suits have been know for solid pressurization. I am still a true believer in the PF line and hope that this change will put them right back at the top in this criteria. I currently fly, and love, the Ghost but have been tempted at times back to the Phantom for its "user friendly" flight characteristics. I did a full length/max performance flight the other day for a friends school project in my Ghost wearing a GPS and was totally burnt out by 5K. I felt like a puss.

I also spend a lot of my flight time on my back. Is this new inflation system superior to the old system as far as pressurization.? I have seen many pics of the Stealth now, but none on its back. I see many pilots flying the Tony Suits on their backs, not necessarily at full tension but with strong inflation. . . How would you compare for those that have flown the two manufactures?

Thanks for the input.

JKL

My personal opinion is that flying the Phantom is easier on its back then flying my Ghost on its back. I was hoping to get a chance to fly the P2 at 4.0 but it was in the air most of the time we were able to jump.

I liked the design changes of the suit and it looks like Robi incorporated some of the newer design features onto a solid platform giving a better suit including the "Shadow" style front arm inlets and the on the arm back arm wing inlets from the Stealth. My old Phantom did have a leg wing inflation issue at times and the "scoops" for the leg wing should make that a solid part of the suit now. Looking at how the Stealth flew with a solid wing at 4.0, I cant imagine the phantom redesign not doing that as well. Also the arm wing is slightly larger taking a more straight to the body line then the previous over then arc down to the body attachment point wing design Robi said the leg wing was slightly larger to keep the balance but I would have to lay it down over a previous phantom version.

I can think of some times it would be good to use, with Back flying being a good example. My old phantom was very balanced on my back... The Ghost does good it is just not as EASY to fly on my back, maybe I am just a wimp :P Don't get me wrong I think my Ghost is great and it is fun to fly and gives a huge range increase over the old Phantom I had but I would not mind having both suits for different applications in the air.... Looking forward to getting some jumps on it to test it out.

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"