tr027

Zflock 16 way

Utilizing an uncanny mix of jumpers from around the world, the Zflock 4.0 Flock just finished a nice 16-way diamond. Congratulations to all who participated; good work! :)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

participants include
Scott Bland
Mike Masheff (Gray Mike)
Zach Schroedel
Justin Shorb
Tero Paukku
Chris Gray
Scott Gray
Scott Campos
Brian Snarr
Purple Mike
Brian Caldwell (Lurch)
Ted Cheslek (Professor)
Jason Weisberg (Voodew)
Scot Callantine (SDC)
Chuck Blue
Jeff Nebelkopf (heffro1)

Video and photos by Matt Hoover and Scotty Burns.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

ANAL SEX...........ITS FOR YOUR FUTURE

Dude i forgot about that. Suuuuper fucking funny. you should somehow integrate that into your TWAT first flight courses, but make sure you "EASE" your students in.

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin Shorb
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

I wanna see and I was on the jump

Guess this one point jump bullshit you baggin on, and the, "bigways are for egos driven crack heads" statement should be considered, "Talkin out your ass".......;):P

Nice formation. :)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Blah - Blah - Blah

16 way is not really what I would call a bigway and it very easily could have been a 2 or 3 point skydive

So close to being 'perfect'

Which brings up a thought -- who keys the transition to the next point since no one can really see the entire formation --- does the camera man now become the key?
The camera man then becomes a necessity instead of a luxury

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Which brings up a thought -- who keys the transition to the next point since no one can really see the entire formation --- does the camera man now become the key?
The camera man then becomes a necessity instead of a luxury

On some of the smaller multiple point jumps we did, we had one of the people in the back (who has the overview) key the next point, by going to the front of the formation (where his slot for the next point is).

His new position is visable to everyone, so that person moving would be the key/signal for the (2/3 stage) build of the next point.

Having the entire formation look away for a key from a cameraman would be a hard, as just looking away a few seconds is enought to have people loose the reference/person(s) they are flying to/on, and cause waves/movement within the formation that will most likely result in some people going out of their slot.

Putting key/signal flyers in the formation seems like the easiest solution.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I was meaning that the camera flyer would either fly below the formation at the key or would fly in front to signal the key.

I never meant everyone would have to look at the camera man -- the camera man would make himself visible to the formation at certain times

I was meaning that the camera flyer would either fly below the formation at the key or would fly in front to signal the key.

I never meant everyone would have to look at the camera man -- the camera man would make himself visible to the formation at certain times

You're still gonna get people constantly glancing at the cameraguy, instead of focussing 100% on flying their slot.

But maybe we should wait with multiple point dives on 16 ways, untill we get to the point where all 16 people are actually in their slot in a 16 way, instead of 15 and one out (who was that btw?);):P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

IBut maybe we should wait with multiple point dives on 16 ways, untill we get to the point where all 16 people are actually in their slot in a 16 way, instead of 15 and one out (who was that btw?);):P

Ouch:)
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

On some of the smaller multiple point jumps we did, we had one of the people in the back (who has the overview) key the next point, by going to the front of the formation (where his slot for the next point is).

Which is exactly what I have done for a long time on the formations I organize. It works great for good flyers that aren't struggling at the back of the formation, and are able to move up front and fly a good base.

I know who it is and in his defense he was on the load before and missed all the dirt dive - he flew that slot the entire dive -- it just wasn't the right slot

I just like fuckin with the Flock U guys:P

It works great for good flyers that aren't struggling at the back of the formation, and are able to move up front and fly a good base.

If you're thinking about doing a 2nd/3d etc point, then technicaly, you shouldnt have any flyers struggling:P

But that lame joke aside...you dont have to switch base. You can keep the base flyer the same (also prevents sudden pace/fallrate variations) and have one or two flyers from the back move to more forward slots (where they are in clear view of all other flyers) and have that as the key/signal for the rest. They dont have to take over the base role.

As usually, the base is salso omeone who is more then happy (and good at) setting the pace, and being the center of attention on all pix and video..B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It works great for good flyers that aren't struggling at the back of the formation, and are able to move up front and fly a good base.

If you're thinking about doing a 2nd/3d etc point, then technicaly, you shouldnt have any flyers struggling:P

But that lame joke aside...you dont have to switch base. You can keep the base flyer the same (also prevents sudden pace/fallrate variations) and have one or two flyers from the back move to more forward slots (where they are in clear view of all other flyers) and have that as the key/signal for the rest. They dont have to take over the base role.

As usually, the base is salso omeone who is more then happy (and good at) setting the pace, and being the center of attention on all pix and video..B|

Your correct, the person that moves to the front doesn't have to be base, but not may people like to fly base, except Bland, so I try to switch it up abit to keep everyone happy. ;)

Yea...Its a good things we have people like Bland, Wienberg and Schoeber (gadget).

Without them, we wouldnt have the solid, smooth and well paced basis for many of the awesome jumps we're doing everywhere..

Flying base, and keeping everybody happy in terms of forward pace and fallrate is a completely seperate skill not many posses (and like doing)

*edited for zwpelling*
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ye asked, and ye shall recieve~~

Check out all the photos from flock and dock and puerto rico~ come see em at

www.sky2productions.com

Very nice... looks good guys!! B|:)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News