unclecharlie95

Wingsuit landing DONE @ Z-Flock 4.0

thanks for the no comment..... that's kind! I'm sure I'll get some "serious shit" from some of you for all this drama, but it was all done just to rag some of you and to excite some others into thinking up ways it CAN be done,,...maybe one step at a time...

In my opinion,...what I did as captured on this film qualifies mostly as "a totally crazy, stupid, but wonderful thing I did just to get us all laughing ( and thinking) during a weather hold,... and something that was followed by much more pain than I expected.... ( I'm glad I said no F$%XVKing way to Nigel's desire to hover at 12 ft!)

The Gray brothers skipped the music,...and also skipped the slow-mo and/or stills that I hoped would show the body and head bounces I recall and still am feeling.

My leap might be a sadly sick, although "technical" first, but I don't think Wrigleys, CNN, the Today Show or any official Record Books will be pursueing me for further detailed coverage...So I'll just say: ,....the "opportunity" to satisfy one's own self while impressing all our brothers and sisters is still WIDE OPEN !......So good luck Jeb or Jeff or whomever(?) will be the one to succeed in intentionally and fully doing what we all hope we live long enough to see!

I spoke with Jeff before leaving Z-Hills today,..offered him some design ideas as well as my thoughts on how to establish a process for pre-landing,... pre-testing and telemetry,.. and also my encouragement and backing.

I was MOST "thrilled and thankful that he told me "I AM NOT GOING TO TRY TO LAND WITHOUT A CHUTE "UNTIL" I AM 100% SURE I CAN SUCCEED without any serious harm" !...(now that's a smart, smart, smart, yet hopeful man !).

Thanks for all the drama, laughs and for that bag of frozen peas. "Stoney"
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

what I did as captured on this film qualifies mostly as "a totally crazy, stupid, but wonderful thing

Wonderful may be a bit over the top, I'd say it was more a 'here hold my beer' type thing. ;)

You should have a gone a bit further up the airfield to where the big soft sand is, you could have gone a little higher up without injury... :D

the "opportunity" to satisfy one's own self while impressing all our brothers and sisters is still WIDE OPEN

*waits for Jarno to post the kind of images I can't get away with at work*
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Here is the direct clicky http://www.sky2productions.com/component/option,com_seyret/Itemid,27/

Select Stoney Wingsuit video.

Thanks Scotty for the editing and the posting.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

I believe stoney can repeat this feat~~ And you all can see a picture of the world famous Ray Stone flocking on the cover of Skydiving magazine this month~

Blue Skies
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

all other attempts, particularly those attempted by media whores will be rightly denounced by everyone preesent at stony's actual succesful landing as "second or later¨.

There was about 8 cameras on him? I'd say Media Whore to to a lesser level.....:D:S
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

YOU HAD TO BE THERE TO UNDERSTAND THE WIONDERFUL PART !......( and it WAS wonderful for me----no alcohol included I decided to do it and I WAS GOING,.. NO MATTER HOW MUCH HEIGHT NIGEL GAVE ME....I just hoped it wouldn't hurt toooooo bad........ I got what I got...simple and stupid can be feeling"total freedom" if just for a moment... ( freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose)

ARE YOU F@!/{)& NUT"S SCOTTY!!?? DIDN"Y YOU SEE MY HEAD BOUNCES<<<< THE FILM DID NOT DO THE LANDING JUSTICE BUT THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO REPEAT PERFORMANCE........( hey,...but I may try the ''real thing" someday when I get "old" and when Jeff and my pro-coach( Gray Mike) both tell me " YOU CAN DO IT"...remember I said that!

AND THANKS for the cover shot on SKYDIVER....that will make up for me "scamming" my son on this landing thing.

Not sure who caught the shot of the face plant, but it hurt just watching it on the big screen. Need to get that posted in slo-mo. Then people will appreciate the ouch factor of the jump.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Not sure who caught the shot of the face plant, but it hurt just watching it on the big screen. Need to get that posted in slo-mo. Then people will appreciate the ouch factor of the jump.

I think that would serve as a good training aid for others who are thinking of attempting to "land".:D

WAIT! It just dawned on me.......$6 million, thats what it cost to put Steve Austin back together after his accident. Now we know why there is a $6 million price tag on the "other" landing attempt.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I cant wait for someone to take this one to the next level, and start jumping his wingsuit from a high-dive platform into a swimming pool, while launched from a high powered catapult (so some actual lift/forward movement is involved)B|

Or wait....lie on the roof of a car, and drive that into a (low) wall, launching the WS flyer at 120 kmh (would have to be on a waterside of course).

You could (might take a few cars) even slowly up the speed, untill you reach something close to wingsuit flare speedsB|

Man...I need to arrange some cars..and water...

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I cant wait for someone to take this one to the next level, and start jumping his wingsuit from a high-dive platform into a swimming pool, while launched from a high powered catapult (so some actual lift/forward movement is involved)

Or wait....lie on the roof of a car, and drive that into a (low) wall, launching the WS flyer at 120 kmh (would have to be on a waterside of course).
------------------------------------------------
We lay on a mattress on top of a van, at around 70 mph [that's 100 kph for you furners] you start to lift off the roof of the van, you are of course tethered to the van using a special harness,

at 70 mph, ground affect gets you off the van,
{so Van affect?}

Then the van speeds up and we let the line out like with a kite, its possible to get way above the van and its great fun,

Make sure you use a road that has no traffic lights on it as its a total drag if the van has to stop.

:)

Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com