unclecharlie95

Wingsuit landing DONE @ Z-Flock 4.0

This is such old news guys...

Top Gun member Bo Weinberg landed his wingsuit without the use of a parachute nearly a year ago!

He went with the 'soft snow' method and survived without so much as a scratch. Is he a hero? I think so...

B|

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

There were plenty of cameras capturing the historic, dare I say it, momentous event. There was discussion between all the vidiots involved as to which news broadcast group they wanted to sell this incredible footage to.

Hope Stoney's nose is healing.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

My guess would be he fell from the helicopter, 2 seconds after take-off...

Nah, it flew for a least a minute or two before he got out.

sorry....Ill revise my statement to

My guess would be he fell from the helicopter, 2 seconds after take-off before landing...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

My dad called me while I was working today to tell me the great news. Unfortunately because I'm a teacher and I was in front of my class, I wasn't able to answer the phone and speak with him immediately following this historic jump. I'm extremely proud of my father's accomplishment today! Now will somebody please put a video up so I can watch the d*mn thing.

I love you dad! Congratulations!!!

Wow! I just received an email from some friends. And I was in disbelief until I downloaded the attachment.

Congratulations!

~Jake

That was the practice jump in the red suit. He pulled just before landing. You can see he was wearing a rig. Stoney didn't like the speeds he was getting, so he decided to go with a bigger suit. The actual landed jump was in the yellow suit, and without a rig.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

That was the practice jump in the red suit. He pulled just before landing. You can see he was wearing a rig. Stoney didn't like the speeds he was getting, so he decided to go with a bigger suit. The actual landed jump was in the yellow suit, and without a rig.

I think he could have pulled it off on that one too if he would not have been crosswind, look at the landing arrow.

I can't seem to find my memory card with the actual jump, i have a great picture of him in freefall just before touch down. I will post it as soon as i find it so we can stop the disbelief here.

;)
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

I am happy to report that Ray is recovering nicely from his minor injuries.

He had requested that Chris and I capture the ground video of the landing. We initially refused, as we did not want to record a very likely bad outcome.

After some detailed discussion as to the specifics of how we would actually film the landing and after some test jumps with significant review of the data we agreed.

The video is in process, in collaboration with a local professional video production company for official release. I really can not say much more than that at this time.

Stay tuned.

Well done Ray, glad you are still with us.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Wow! I just received an email from some friends. And I was in disbelief until I downloaded the attachment.

Congratulations!

~Jake

Whom ever did that photo shop sucks.:o That guys as big as an Otter, and even higher then the helicopter he jumped from.......:D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Damn...you guys need 2 days to make a video?
I could render this whole thing in 3D, and ad a pony flying a wingsuit within 2 days. Kinda disappointed at the time you guys are taking...makes the joke loose its strength..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

can only be done in one of the new warp8 suits.

But serious boys, this shit was boring, after the first thread in 2005.

The Warp 8 is the only suit i know of that could actually be landed without a canopy...
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

can only be done in one of the new warp8 suits.

But serious boys, this shit was boring, after the first thread in 2005.

The Warp 8 is the only suit i know of that could actually be landed without a canopy...

I thought I asked you guys not to say anything about that..its a private project and far from ready to be shown to tyhe big crowds..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I bet you can't. Now is Tuesday 2003-03-18 13:29:00.000000 CET :P

Its quite sad, as a lot of people where on the verge of believing this thing.

But then the Gray brothers announced that they where asked to do video, which is highly unlikely, as EVERYBODY knows they are the last 2 people on the planet to ask if you want something framed and actually showing up as more then a pixel:P;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?