base200

Wingsuit Instructor Rating and USPA

You are wrong, Glen. I was at CK for a POPS meet the ddayy Adam Rosen made his 500th jumpp. He had been on the monkeyclaw “team” roster for two yyears. The only person in that organization who had real skills was Heath Richardson. They all sucked in competition when they went to nationals.

On your other topic, there are two of us at Z hills with over 2000 wingsuit flights.

Just to correct some mis-information... Adam had almost 500 jumps in his first year of jumping. We did suck at nationals though :)

Just to correct some mis-information..:)

Don't worry about it. There is lots of miss-info here, from padded jump numbers and accomplishments to way exagerated glide ratios. Some of these guys claim to have more time aloft than the doomed Skylab that plunged into the burn-up-o'sphere a few years back.

Its the most active forum on the website for one of the smallest disciplines in skydiving. A whole lot of yakking and not a whole lot of flying. And this usualy involves a wingsuit "instructor" of some type or other.

Thanks for the post Tim.:D

Don't worry about it. There is lots of miss-info here, from padded jump numbers and accomplishments to way exagerated glide ratios. Some of these guys claim to have more time aloft than the doomed Skylab that plunged into the burn-up-o'sphere a few years back.

Its the most active forum on the website for one of the smallest disciplines in skydiving. A whole lot of yakking and not a whole lot of flying. And this usualy involves a wingsuit "instructor" of some type or other.

Yeah, it's pretty active! I'm not even sure how I wandered in here... :)
I'm not sure why there would need to be a specific rating for wingsuit instructors, unless you're trying to weed out competition. There's already a 'coaches' rating geared towards teaching students (which all MC instructors had to get, BTW, although several also had an AFF rating). We also paid for the course for the instructors.

Maybe there's some elitist thing going on here that I'm missing. Or not missing. I didn't read through the whole thread though. 7 pages! Jesus!

Glenn,
Your just mad because you don't have a wingsuit instructor rating like me:ph34r:

Maybe Ed would make you an instructor as he is a BMCI -- I bet he would cut you a deal and only charge like $300.00 -- then when you talk people will listen.............................well probably not:D

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

no wonder they broke the base jumping forum into its own site... to many were going to that forum instead... watch out Sangerio might make your own site next... ooooooooooooooh

like wingsuit.com or somthing....:P
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Glenn,
Your just mad because you don't have a wingsuit instructor rating like me:ph34r:

Maybe Ed would make you an instructor as he is a BMCI -- I bet he would cut you a deal and only charge like $300.00 -- then when you talk people will listen.............................well probably not:D

I happen to be running a special for bald guys next week, but you must be a member of, or join the hair club for men to qualify for the discount.........:D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I'm not sure why there would need to be a specific rating for wingsuit instructors, unless you're trying to weed out competition.

Maybe there's some elitist thing going on here that I'm missing. Or not missing. I didn't read through the whole thread though. 7 pages! Jesus!

It started out as a good idea five years ago as a nifty marketing scam to sell instead of a new and improved product to sell. It costs zero to fabricate and you can get $300 dollars for it instead of sewing up prototype after prototype of an unsuccsessful wingsuit design and spend the bothersome time flight testing.

flight testing new wingsuits is serious dangerous work its much easier and safer to lecture the gullible for thirty minutes and charge them $300 then give them a patch when its all over. Then its straight to the bar for beer or maybe daiquiris.

Glenn,

There are good flyers and there are instructors and this does not mean the same thing. And I don't want to confuse anybody so at this point in time I'm going to have to claim to be TOO good a wingsuit flyer to be considered a wingsuit instructor.

definitely not.

definitely not.

Yeah just Like I listen to the advice of a newly rostered wingsuit instructor that just a few boogies ago could not keep pace with an average flock in their average suit. Tells me they gots fity jumps on their new advanced big boys only big wing suit and they are good now.

This poison cool-aid Wingsuit instructor shit has got to be stopped!!!! Fags!

Your incessant whining abouut this subject CAN'T be good for you. Take a break and make a skydive before you blow a head gasket.

You could have left the "gasket" part off.:o:D
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Thanks for the laugh Chuck:D. I love you like a brother and therefore I can find the courage to forgive you for taking JP Furnari's foundation and refining it into the infectious herpes like virus that spreading through the wingsuit community. I know you take great pride in it but it has mutated, become unstable and very unhealthy.

You are a 100% right in your first sentence about me but sadly nothing behavioral can be done about the hair and its migration that is just my slot on the evolutionary wingsuit formation.

I realize that this translates into never being featured on a WS factory newsletter in the fly like a queer profiles section. But there is a very slight chance that some scientist will find a way to harvest my body hair and weave it in to a high tensile yet flexible material to make wingsuit rib sections from. This might get me a mention .....but no picture.

THIS WEBSITE IS AWESOME!!!:ph34r:

Well to be honest it was better back before Jason drank the poison cool-aid himself and before fishhook was banned for life for hacking into the core of the mainframe.

But let this be a lesson for you young man. Don't say something on the internet that you are not prepared to hear again a few years later......over and over.:$