base200

Wingsuit Instructor Rating and USPA

In our school we generally have in the neighborhood of 40 (that's FOURTY) suits hanging on the rack. All brands, all sizes. Yes, we charge a bit for instruction here and no, we don't get any grief because of it.

If you don't want to pay for quality instruction in quality equipment, then feel free to choose another dropzone where people don't care if you rip the asses out of their suits........Isn't that right, Jason?

Chuck
BMCI-4

Now Chuck I was picking on Jeff not you:P

But yes charging for rent on suits to keep them up is not a bad thing as some jumpers not to mention names (cakeboy) tend to do downwinders across the runway and tear up suits.

But cakeboy did make right on the damage repair as requested and I would loan him a suit anytime as he is a stand up guy (who also serves our country overseas)

I no longer send out demo suits as some jumpers are real assholes and have to be threatened with legal action to get the suit back --- isn't that right wildcard451

And Chuck are you sure the forty is not what you normally drink out of?????????

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

With the investment that some of the instructors / schools have made in suits (many thousands of dollars) asking a nominal fee for instruction/suit up keep is not unreasonable.

If we were to charge enough to cover our cost for suits, travel to DZs, and other expenses no one would be able to afford the classes.

This is far from a profitable venture, of the most active instructors (Jeff, Chuck, Justin, Nick and a hand full of others) I would dare say none of them are in it for the money. If they are, guys we need to talk, there are far more profitable things to invest your time in.

Given the early stage of our sport, I would hope most instructors are teaching because they are passionate about introducing new folks safely to wingsuit flight.

In the mid-Atlantic, we are still in the process of building a solid core group of flyers. We do not charge instructional fees, but do ask that the student pay for the instructor's slot. If we are invited by a DZ to come to them and provide first flight training and organizing, we have on a few occasions been provided paid jump slots (about 25% of the time).

Unless you get a number of big sponsors, live on next to nothing, work for a manufacturer and sell your body ---- there's no money in this.

I'm in it so that I can walk up to a student after a great first flight and say:

" DUDE !!!! THAT WAS F%$KING, AWESOME !!! THAT F%$KING ROCKED DUDE !!!! " (in the words of Nick R.) ;):D:)

WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

of the most active instructors (Jeff, Chuck, Justin, Nick and a hand full of others)

When you write stuff like that it may tend to get some of the very skilled and active european instructors bowed up and get the domestic types that bad arrogant rap. Or is it an aerogant rap?:)

of the most active instructors (Jeff, Chuck, Justin, Nick and a hand full of others)

When you write stuff like that it may tend to get some of the very skilled and active european instructors bowed up and get the domestic types that bad arrogant rap. Or is it an aerogant rap?:)

Nods in agreement... Actually wait, you mean there's people who live OUTSIDE of the USA?

Who let that happen! :P
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I haven't been flamed in a long time --- makes me feel all warm and fuzzy !!!

Many apologies from a fat, big suit, arrogant american. ;):)

Beaucoup d'excuses d'un gros, grand costume, Américain arrogant

Viele Entschuldigungen von einer fetten, grossen Klage, arroganter Amerikaner.

lte scuse da un vestito grasso e grande, americano arrogante.

Muchas apologías de un juego gordo, grande, americano arrogante.

Muitos apologies de um terno gordo, grande, americano arrogante.

Много извинений от тучного, большого костюма, заносчивого американца.

脂肪質、大きいスーツ、横柄なアメリカ人からの多くの謝罪。

许多道歉从一套肥胖, 大衣服, 傲慢美国人。

Also big respect to our friends at Fly Like Brick, Top Gun, Soul Flyers, and S-Fly.

By the way anyone who wishes to demo a S-Fly suit, Birdman, or PF, drop on by we have several.

Oh BTW, I lived in Europe for two years ---- and yes most Americans are self absorbed and arrogant. I saw far too many tourists, where their first words were "Do you speak english?" followed by being upset if someone did not speak english.

Point taken.

www.thebrothersgray.com

Also big respect to our friends at Fly Like Brick, Top Gun, Soul Flyers, and S-Fly.

Listed by skill-level, in decending orderB|

Oh BTW, I lived in Europe for two years ---- and yes most Americans are self absorbed and arrogant. I saw far too many tourists, where their first words were "Do you speak english?" followed by being upset if someone did not speak english.

That will only happen some german/french towns..most people speak English here..:PB|

The funniest thing is seeing US jumpers with 5000+ jumps freak out on a EU dropzone because there are no packers, and they have no clue how to actually close their container and pack a main themselves;)B|

And clouds..oooh how Americans fear clouds:P

Still waiting for that wingsuit competition entry of you guys...;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

How much is a bit? :)

I charge $20 and slot for first flight instruction (which takes me 30 minutes). I charge $20 and slot for one-on-one coaching for people who want that degree of attention, and I generally charge $10 per flight on any of our demo suits after the first jump. People will jump your shit all day long and offer you nothing if you do not have a set price for things. I am a staff organizer here, so my slots are covered when I have at least three other flockers around.

Conversely, some of the totally-non-rated-by-anyone (not even a USPA coach rating) freefly "coaches" on this dropzone get slot plus $40 for their services.

I have an AFF rating, a tandem rating, an SL rating and I own my own tandem and AFF rigs. No one is going to make me feel bad by charging for instruction, whether it be basic skydiving instruction or wingsuiting. As to the BMI rating: I co-authored the modern sylabus a number of years ago and take quite a bit of pride in that fact. It takes me two days to teach and evaluate the course and no, I don't feel bad charging people for the course if they willingly choose to attend it. No one is "forcing" anyone to attend these courses.

Chuck

Listed by skill-level, in decending ascending orderB|

There, i fixed it for you ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Thats because we only tend to pick on the old timers like Chuck, Ed and I guess we can throw Jeff in there also...............we think that in 2 years you'll be off on the golf course somewhere and not even jumping anymoreB|

And by the way take no offense to my posts - I just really enjoy fucking with people.

The funniest thing is seeing US jumpers with 5000+ jumps freak out on a EU dropzone because there are no packers, and they have no clue how to actually close their container and pack a main themselves;)B|

that would be me:D you don't need to be an american to be so:ph34r:

Listed by skill-level, in decending orderB|

That will only happen some german/french towns..most people speak English here..:PB|

And clouds..oooh how Americans fear clouds:P

Still waiting for that wingsuit competition entry of you guys...;)

TOO FUNNY !!!!

HHHMMMM .... CLOOUUDS !!!!
www.thebrothersgray.com

Thats because we only tend to pick on the old timers like Chuck, Ed and I guess we can throw Jeff in there also...............we think that in 2 years you'll be off on the golf course somewhere and not even jumping anymoreB|

And by the way take no offense to my posts - I just really enjoy fucking with people.

No offense taken ---- love you too man !!!

Just look out for mystery burbbles at F n D ..... :ph34r:
www.thebrothersgray.com

Thats because we only tend to pick on the old timers like Chuck, Ed and I guess we can throw Jeff in there also.......

And your shit has been real weak lately btw, Texsexual :D:P Must be the fat chicks from the sever rooms thats taking up all your time. :D

Oh, and dont let any of the WestCoast Boys school you at FnD. B|
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Thats because we only tend to pick on the old timers like Chuck, Ed and I guess we can throw Jeff in there also.......

And your shit has been real weak lately btw, Texsexual :D:P Must be the fat chicks from the sever rooms thats taking up all your time. :D

Oh, and dont let any of the WestCoast Boys school you at FnD. B|

I feel a LEFT Coast vs. RIGHT Coast challenge coming on !!!!

Side by Side slot specific formations ???

But I guess that would put Zach, Voodew, FlyingBob, and Tyler smack in the middle. Tyler must then wear the Pink SM1!!!! B|
www.thebrothersgray.com

And your shit has been real weak lately btw, Texsexual Must be the fat chicks from the sever rooms thats taking up all your time.

yeah I know but people aren't saying enough stupid shit for me to play on ........ except for Jeff who in the near future should be able to gain altitude ina tony suit:P

I guess I could start fucking with Scott Campos again, that would be fun, but I really don't have the urge anymore -- Hell i haven't even been banned in over a year. I am losing my edge for sure!

I will try harder in the future to get everyones panties in a wad.

As for the Gray brothers talking shit about their flying ........... be on your game this weekend as you certainly have made more wingsuit jumps then me and should be able to fly circles around me (but then again you should have been able to do that at Skyfest last year and well.............that didn't happen.) If I remember you both got a good view on break off of my leg wing in front and above you.

And all your right coast left coast bullshit. The third coast (thats Texas for all the East / West coast bitches) smokes all ya'lls tree hugging asses!

but I really don't have the urge anymore

.........part of getting old, when you just sit back and laugh ;) Head over to the WestCoast sometime and I'll have a big ol' steak and a bottle of wine, I mean beer with ya. :D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

The funniest thing is seeing US jumpers with 5000+ jumps freak out on a EU dropzone because there are no packers, and they have no clue how to actually close their container and pack a main themselves;)B|(ed: in that order? :P)

that would be me:D you don't need to be an american to be so:ph34r:
THIS IS THE PROFILE POLICE!

Really, you should learn to pack. :P:P

This thread now officially approaching deportation to the Bonfire :)
Johan.
I am. I think.

[

And clouds..oooh how Americans fear clouds

I don't think it's that Americans fear clouds so much as we're used to FAR's prohibiting flying into them. It's not something that can't be overcome, it's just what we're used to, much like the European custom of cologne baths instead of showers.
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

And your shit has been real weak lately btw, Texsexual Must be the fat chicks from the sever rooms thats taking up all your time.

yeah I know but people aren't saying enough stupid shit for me to play on ........ except for Jeff who in the near future should be able to gain altitude ina tony suit:P

I guess I could start fucking with Scott Campos again, that would be fun, but I really don't have the urge anymore -- Hell i haven't even been banned in over a year. I am losing my edge for sure!

I will try harder in the future to get everyones panties in a wad.

As for the Gray brothers talking shit about their flying ........... be on your game this weekend as you certainly have made more wingsuit jumps then me and should be able to fly circles around me (but then again you should have been able to do that at Skyfest last year and well.............that didn't happen.) If I remember you both got a good view on break off of my leg wing in front and above you.

And all your right coast left coast bullshit. The third coast (thats Texas for all the East / West coast bitches) smokes all ya'lls tree hugging asses!

Is that the best you can do??? Very weak, so weak !!!!;)B|:D:ph34r:
www.thebrothersgray.com

I am truly enjoying all the shit talking and smack downs. The mood in this thread is so much better than usually.

I am disappointed, VOODOO. I think you could do a better job of pissing more people off in here. Come on man pick it up!!!
Game On
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

much like the European custom of cologne baths instead of showers.

Ouch....:o:D

Haha..thats that same American naive "Ive heard somebody say that europeans dont shower" crap that makes us understand why you guys have a monkey for presidentB|

Ill definately scream when I do find one of your famous overly hairy cologne bathing Europeans...but so far I still have to meet the first one..

You know who needs cologne? You guys...cause your flying STINKS:P;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?