unclecharlie95

My new Prodigy 2

Nice suit James. It's even got ram-air wings with the body stitching undone for that extra performance increase! :)

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I own the first prodigy. How are the flights on the Progigy 2 compared to the Prodigy, have you noticed a big difference, or is the new design more cosmetic? I can see how the bigger leg wing would help with forward drive, but how about the arm wings.............

From the jumps I've made so far I would say the Prodigy 2 has more forward speed and slightly lower vertical speeds. Glide ratio was around 2 but improving.

The ram air arm wings have made the suit more stable and reduce the arm pressure (but it is still a little higher than a "normal" wingsuit).

There are obvious ways to get even more performance form the Prodigy platform but the aim was to keep the Prodigy as a beginner / user friendly suit in terms of pilot skill and price.

From a user point of view the new wing attachment is a huge improvement.

The suit flies better than the Prodigy 1 but if you are after more performance i would recommend a bigger suit such as the Phantom or similar..
BASEstore.it

Hi James,

I'm really tempted by one of these, one question though: With the old Prodigy I never found it that practical to leave the wings attached after deployment and I liked the fact that you could pop/yank the wing attachment really quickly. With the new attachment system is it as easy to detach the wings? From the pics it looks very secure but potentially a bit fiddly to undo.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Dude! That makes your package look huge!

Will that work for all users of the suit?

In other news, it looks really baggy round your lower arms / wrists. Is that intentional, or just a bad photo angle? :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

In other news, it looks really baggy round your lower arms / wrists. Is that intentional, or just a bad photo angle?

The sleeves on the P2 are more baggy than the P1 (we had some complaints about the P1 being too tight).

The sleeves still inflate so this is not an issue, i didn't pull the material into position around the cuffs and that makes it look worse in the photo..
BASEstore.it

do you have a trade in program? more forward speed would make the wings following me much happier when I decide I want to fly the Prodigy instead of one of the other suits.
I like the new color pattern.
Or would a single layer leg wing extension to the prodigy1 give the same added speed?