SirHoytalot

phantom vs. expert sfly

i am on the verge of buying a suit. have flown a phantom a few times and liked it, but havent flown the expert. i will be using it mainly for base and i really like the open hand, and wing cutaway on the sfly. any input from suit owners would be greatly appreciated.
I spit in deaths eye on a regular basis

phantom made a killer first base suit for me.
flies like on rails and if you fly it right you can leave behind the big suits who...don't fly right.
leg wing is small enough to take some steps/even run a little on exit or landing.
also very easy to pull from the boc. never had the wing in my way.
i switched to a v2 after 40+ jumps on the phantom and i still regret it.:S
never jumped an s fly but saw some fly very nice.
it's all in the pilot, ey.;)

My phantom I bought before I saw any pictures and before it had a name, and likely that's how I'll buy my next Vamp if you guys give any warning whatsoever... ;)

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I have both of them, though not using them in base enviroment yet.

Sfly is less physically stressful since you're placed inside the monowing, and there's no much tension on hands as in phantom. Both suits fly almost equal, but you have to get used to body position in monowing, it's a bit different from one you have in tri-wings. Once you get it, you'll feel it.

I like both, but since i have more hours spent in phantom, i'd choose it for anything new, be it base or whatever.

I'd say, put few jumps on sfly and check which one is more comfy for yourself. And then flip a coin. :)

If you are talking about BASE jumping, get the EXPERT. A lot of active BASE jumpers in Utah seem to be using the EXPERT, like Gunner, Sport, and Scotty. So if you live in Salt Lake, you should talk to those guys. They know what they are doing. Don't forget to try it out before you buy it.