elias123

*drool*

Nice...some good 'balls of steel' flying..

It mentions the JetEngines in the description, but I dont think the flight angle indicates the use of those (nor do I see them anywhere in the video)

Looks like the guy who put it on youtube also has the wingsuit+jet engine+balloon flight on his channel and assumed that was how it was always done:P

Really gorgeous video though.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Video is great, but I think it is in poor taste to have the small video clip of at 2:14 seconds in of what has to be a wingsuit pilot going in.
Kirk

Why poor taste? Hard REALITY is great for people to see now and then. Perfect exits, tight terrain flying and low pulls are the norm thats posted. IMO, ws BASE shouldn't be aproached without extensive preperation, and clearly this person wasn't ready.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Video is great, but I think it is in poor taste to have the small video clip of at 2:14 seconds in of what has to be a wingsuit pilot going in.
Kirk

Why poor taste? Hard REALITY is great for people to see now and then. Perfect exits, tight terrain flying and low pulls are the norm thats posted. IMO, ws BASE shouldn't be aproached without extensive preperation, and clearly this person wasn't ready.

I really respect you and you have a point, however, I feel that some respect should be paid to those who have died. Dwayne Weston was the one who took me out and taught me how to fly wingsuits. I have seen the footage of his demise and amazing enough that footage is rarely seen and generaly blocked out ware it got nasty. We all know the reality of wingsuit base I do not think it shows us anything more than bad taste to show video of someone going in IMHO.
Kirk

FYI the video of the gnarly exit at 2:14 is from "one try, do or die," which is included as an extra on "superterminal". If I recall corectly, the pilot does fly away from the wall before impact.

Yes indeed, he does get away, with probably a good lesson learned.

I really respect you and you have a point, however, I feel that some respect should be paid to those who have died. Dwayne Weston was the one who took me out and taught me how to fly wingsuits. I have seen the footage of his demise and amazing enough that footage is rarely seen and generaly blocked out ware it got nasty. We all know the reality of wingsuit base I do not think it shows us anything more than bad taste to show video of someone going in IMHO.
Kirk

Kirk

There was no video posted of anyone going in. Close, but he did get away from the wall with his life. My post saying, people need to sometimes see the hard reality/fuck ups, instead of the perfect flights, has nothing to do with disrespecting those who have died. As for Dwain (RIP), my opinion is his death wasn't from lack of skill, but instead a poor choice.

Kirk

Kirk

There was no video posted of anyone going in. Close, but he did get away from the wall with his life. My post saying, people need to sometimes see the hard reality/fuck ups, instead of the perfect flights, has nothing to do with disrespecting those who have died. As for Dwain (RIP), my opinion is his death wasn't from lack of skill, but instead a poor choice.

well, from what i've heard, dwaine was a crazy fuck, even for a kiwi.. but he pushed the sport into new dimensions.. pioneer if you want. lots of pioneers have died, practising their passion.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It is hard to imagine anyone walking away from that wall strike but if he did than the video post is completely understandable and I was wrong.

Its not a wall-strike...
He turns away and avoids it..though probably was only half a meter of less removed from hitting it...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I've seen this jump many times on my superterminal DVD...what you are seeing is a guy trailing smoke go unstable and then recover. The clip is just cut off at the wrong moment, this exit is the beginning of a long flight and there was certainly no wall strike of any sort. He acutally ends up passing up the other flier who did the gainer exit 10-15 seconds later, if memory serves.

Yeah I just reviewed the vid, he does a lot of squirming during the recoverey. I noticed on superterminal that a tracker at the same exit point, possibly the same guy in the WS does a similar leg jive manuever. Is it possible that this could be a "signiture" move? :ph34r: