guscabana

EmpuriaFlock '08

Hi All,
we are organizing a Wingsuit event here in Empuriabrava, Spain, in may.
Hope to see lots of birds around,
Gustavo

"EmpuriaFlock '08"

The event:

Load organising: Jarno Cordia, Alejandro Lopez
Video and photography: Gustavo Cabana, David Haygarth

From Monday May 5th until Sunday 11th, Skydive Empuriabrava will be the place where wingsuits paint the skies with beautiful formations all week long.
Load organising will be present, with an intermediate and expert group, allowing everyone to learn and be challenged at his or her own skills level.
Depending on availability, it will be possible to make one-on-one jumps (at slots-price).

Alejandro Lopez and Jarno Cordia (Team Fly Like Brick) will be load organising.
Resident EmpuriaBrava wingsuit pilot Gustavo Cabana and David Haygarth (Birdman Topgun) will be flying video and stills.

For those interested, this event will also be one of the first European selection camps for the bigway record attempts held in November in the USA.

Flocking apartments:

Next to the DZ's bunkhouse rooms, Skydive Empuriabrava is offering shared apartments at walking distance from the dropzone.
These apartments include TV, kitchen and living room, and will be home to wingsuit pilots attending the event.
This means the nights are there for sharing video and talking about wingsuits and everything related, to flying 'till deep in the night, accompanied by Spanish beer and cheap pizza.

If you want to sign up for the "flockapartments", send an email to the office at Empuriabrava, telling them you want to reserve an apartment bed (2 people per room) at "Maurici Park" for the wingsuit event.

Cost:

Event registration: 30 euros (includes the organizing with video debrief)
Jump ticket: 23 euros
25 jumps block: 543 euros

For information on the event and questions, contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]

For bunkhouse or apartments reservations, contact the Skydive Empuriabrava office:
Telephone: (+34) 972 450 111
Email: [email protected]
www.skydiveempuriabrava.com

Hi Gustavo,

There are way to many interesting events this year. I've put this one in my agenda as well but sometimes I've to work too :).

We've started training for the competition in April so if we can make it to the EmpuriaFlock we'll be more than current.

Two weeks later I've to be back at the Costa for the CF week. I keep travelling around.

C ya,

Henny

1. Gustavo
2. David Haygarth
3. Alejandro Lopez
4. Jarno Cordia
5. Tomas Sevén
6. Benny
7. Mette
8. Costyn van Dongen

- Johan Wild-thing (maybe)
- Henny Wiggers (maybe)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

1. Gustavo
2. David Haygarth
3. Alejandro Lopez
4. Jarno Cordia
5. Tomas Sevén
6. Benny
7. Mette
8. Costyn van Dongen
9. Karin de Fraiture

- Henny Wiggers (maybe)
Blue skies & long flights,
Karin - ©The Pink Bird

...and talking about wingsuits and everything related, to flying 'till deep in the night, accompanied by Spanish beer and cheap pizza.

...not forgetting we can also discuss the above in varying detail over a few beers in the Orange Kiwi or Captain's Cabin B|
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."...Steven Wright

1. Gustavo
2. David Haygarth
3. Alejandro Lopez
4. Jarno Cordia
5. Tomas Sevén
6. Benny
7. Mette
8. Costyn van Dongen
9. Karin de Fraiture
10. Thoomas (jayB|)
11. Tristan

- Henny Wiggers (maybe)

Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

11. Tristan

Awesome!

Bring out the gimp!

Karin and I may be coming out there a few days early, if anybody caress to join us in being lazy bitches on the beach before jumping starts, you're more then welcome!B|

p.s. Probably driving from Holland (by motorcycleB|)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Unfortunably, Alejandro can't make it, but we have the great Hans Schoeber from the Netherlands, taking his place as a load organizer:

1. Gustavo
2. David Haygarth
3. Hans Schoeber
4. Jarno Cordia
5. Tomas Sevén
6. Benny
7. Mette
8. Costyn van Dongen
9. Karin de Fraiture
10. Thoomas (jayCool)
11. Tristan
12. Pierre
13. Sylvain

Greatly looking forward to this!

We'll be flying all week, in two groups, and working with everyone to fly the best they can!

Mountains and the beautifull blue sea as a backdrop, sunshine and nice weather...its going to be great!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We should be arriving late friday (2nd) and probably taking one or two days off to chill on the beach and catch some rays, so we can shed that white-as-a-sheet English look:P

We're definately looking forward to chilltime on the beach, but if anyone is interested in an FJC or anything else (at slot price, no other charge) then drop me a line.

As those first 2 days (sat/sun) are probably the only ones where there is time for any inidividual jumps. After that its a group effort (though we can always try and shuffle people around for some 1 on 1 work)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Are beginning flockers welcome? (I have 8 WS jumps so far)

If so, count me in....American flying in from the UK so put me down for representing whom ever :P

SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Are beginning flockers welcome? (I have 8 WS jumps so far)

If so, count me in....American flying in from the UK so put me down for representing whom ever :P

We're jumping in two groups during the week.

One could be classified as a beginner/intermediate group. And one more advanced group.

If there's other 'low experience' birds thinking about attending the event.
Though the 2 organised groups (depending on the size) may not immidiately be the thing you want to jump in to.

Though its fun in terms of the 'everybody can play' vibe. We want to try and keep it safe and fun for everyone. So we dont want to throw people into jumps they are not ready for skillwise.

But we will surely try and match people not ready for bigger formation up in 2 ways, and give you excersises and (if you have video or even just stories on what happened) help with a proper brief and debrief before every jump.
And when your flying shows you're ready to take it a step bigger, we'll ease your way into the organised groups.

We'll hook you up either way! So you're more then welcome if you ask me..

(That sayd, at the start of the week its probably not going to be real busy yet, so chances are the beginner/intermediate group is almost going to be 1 on 1 coaching with a coach and outside photo/video;))

Just shoot me a PM if you have further questions, and when on the DZ, just look for someone witha funny accent and a tye-dye rigB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?