newone

What do you think of the Phoenix Fly Stealth WS?

has anyone tried the new wingsuit by PF called the "stealth"?

That suits looks great to me but also huge and similar to Tony's Super mach 1.

It sure looks floaty but what about forward speed?

I'm just curious to hear comments about this new suit.

thanks B|

Eric

It sure looks floaty but what about forward speed?

The Phoenix-Fly press release talks about mega flocking range, floatiness and ultra-low fall rates with 'moderate' forward speed.

Doesn't sound like it's intended to be a horizontal rocket ship.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I like the logo:)
It's too bad that there is still a misconception that a big wing surface makes a floaty suit. This suit as well. With a longer legwing it would have more forward speed. I think it's in the right direction though.

Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

It's too bad that there is still a misconception that a big wing surface makes a floaty suit.

That mostly depends on what the fabric is doing...if its a big wing surface producing lift, or a just a big surface producing a lot of dragB|

No related to the Stealth btw. Would seriously be concidering it atm. if I could spare the cash, as it looks like an awesome suit to throw around the sky on belly, side and back!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I flocked with James in the Stealth at Eloy. That suit had a huge amount of range.

James has a huge amount of range and ability your mileage may vary. This is why he is known as Boole,.. James Boole and you are monkey boy....... neither as cool as being referred to as " Everest Baxter" but you gotta kiss a few sherpas to get there.

I like the logo:)
It's too bad that there is still a misconception that a big wing surface makes a floaty suit. This suit as well. With a longer legwing it would have more forward speed. I think it's in the right direction though.

well wedont know that yet since no one has posted anything about the suit ... all i have seen is from the website which makes it sound floaty....per website " STEALTH was designed with experienced wingsuit skydivers in mind. In the flock it has an unmatched range. When maxed out the suit seems to hang in the air for an eternity, with a moderate forward speed but an extremely slow vertical speed."

personally it makes sense that it would be super fast forward like sm1. floaty in my book is sugarglider and when i fly a sm1 or blade or V2 they all feel substaially faster than a sugarglider.

but lets wait for people to comment after the demo's have been jumped.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I think it is important to clarify what is fast / slow in terms of horizontal speed.

The V2 will comfortably fly at around 100 mph horizontal speed when flying for distance.

The Stealth will comfortably fly at around 65 mph horizontal speed when flying for distance.

The actual speed will of course vary depending on your body shape, weight and flying position.

When I try flying the Stealth faster it also descends faster, I heard the same from some SM1 pilots also.
BASEstore.it

When I try flying the Stealth faster it also descends faster, I heard the same from some SM1 pilots also.

yes

I have approx. 500 jumps on a SM1. To get max forward i sacrifice lift from the arm wings and channel the Legwing a bit. toes POINTED!! I do descend faster but if i fly that way long enough my vertical speed drops.
very fast

Justin Shorb
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Vampire average around 2.4, Stealth average around 2.2.

So for Stealth for L/D=2.2 the sustained horizontal speed is 65mph and vertical 30mph?

What are your sustained horizontal and veritcal speeds for Vampire's L/D=2.4?
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Yuri,

I did a jump recently from 14,000 feet. We did a downwind jumprun opening the door at exactly 6.5 miles. I exited the plane at 6 miles and opened over the dz at 3000 feet. I had a steady tailwind of 12 knots all the way down. That was one of my farthest flights, as there were no turns and i flew for distance.

get out your calculator :)
Justin Shorb

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits