newone

What do you think of the Phoenix Fly Stealth WS?

6.2 miles exit to pitch. Proof that lo-speed junkies like myself CAN go far if we really want to.

That translates to 121mph horizontal airspeed. Taking into account that you're lightweight, can you really fly at 121mph AND have the best glide? You sure the wind was only 12kts?

Who doesn't love the downwind ride in fast uppers! ;)

And the epic effort to stay upwind when you try to penetrate 100mph and fall straight down like a brick! :)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

120 mph..? This goes against what we saw at break off and in the head to head race in Arezzo. The Vampire was significantly faster than the SM1. Robi reached the deployment altitude at least 20 seconds before Tristan (maybe more..) Tristan arrived just a little shorter than Robi in distance, a slower vertical speed, but a much slower horizontal speed.
BASEstore.it

"The Vampire was significantly faster than the SM1."

Sorry to disagree with you James, the fact is Tristan had less than 20 or so jumps on a super mach1.
I Know from experience that a SM1 is Faster than a Mach1 and I was able to out distance Robi while wearing a Mach1, with him in a highly moded Vampire.
So how does a Vampire loose to a Mach1 and beat the even faster SM1? The answer is experience in the suit.:)Please don't take this the wrong way, your suits fly really nice.
Not sure about the math on this or exactly how it was figured out, armchair wingsuiting I think.

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Jeff, do not confuse speed with distance.

I won't claim to know definitive answers for either one, but James was making claims about speed and you responded to his claims by talking about distance. Two different animals, independent.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ive done about 15 jumps on the STEALTH and this is what I thought:

First the good:
Build: The suit is very well built, as any of PF's suits. The very large arm wings has a slight curve towards the body which makes the wings look rounded, I don’t know what it does for performance but it looks quite cool. It could be purely to differentiate the suit. The cut-away system is the best of any of the big suits out there in my opinion. It allows both quick assembly through zippers to keep the wing to the body but very safe and quick cut away by a normal cable and thread on the inside of the wings. In saying that wing cut always are very very rarely used but when you need them you better be sure that it works. The student that flipped through his risers on opening ([:/]) comes to mind.
In saying that - this is a very advanced suit. I would not ever recommend anyone with less than 50/75 wing suit jumps to fly suits this big. You need to know your way around the wing same as a SM1 or V2.

Flight characteristics: The inflation is immediate and very hard on exit. The airlocks technology (same as with other suits) works exceptionally well and keeps you perfectly inflated through the whole flight. On the ground the leg stance is very wide (once again same as the other suits out there) but once you get out the plane the cells inflate and spread your legs to the optimal position and it feels natural. The tail back inlets are on the calves and work just as well as inlets in the middle of the tail as with the BM/SM1. Back flying is very easy once you find our centre of gravity and the suit has incredible forward drive and lift with all the wings having back inlets and airlocks.
Normal flying has a massive amount of range as expected of a suit with this much air locked wing, range is both horizontal and vertical. I know that on the PF website they call the suit slower forward and more about lift but in my experience its right up there with anything on the market as far as forward speed goes when you put your head low and drive.
Flying with a Neptune on my wrists it clocked 45mph very easily and 40mph with some effort and on my back ive only flown with flocks but it was very easy to gain forward and up on them. Measuring freefall speed with a Neptune on your wrists is not very scientific but if anything for my previous times it’s very much similar.
On deployment the wing shuts down a little easier than what im used to, not that it’s ever been an issue for me.

Things I don’t like:
I don’t like the adjustable thumb loops. The suit is made to spec so presumably you would not need to adjust the thumb loops. They feel uncomfortable and to big. Same as the BM thumb loops. I definitely prefer the SM1 thumb loops with the arm wing zip attaching to the thumb loop.
The leg wing zips end around the middle of the knee. It feels like it should zip up a little higher when you undo the zips under canopy. It’s not a big deal it just feels a little too short in my opinion. 10cm extra would be nice.

From all the suits I have jumped there is only real suit from a all round performance point of view that delivers the same performance and we all know what suit that is.

There are specific pro’s and cons to both companies approaches to the market, costs, waiting times, feedback, build quality ect. Take your pick.

If anyone has more specific questions on SM1 or Stealth feel free to PM me.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Dave Patterson was at Elsinore with his stealth and with his ballast was getting good forward drive when he wanted it. I had to work to catch him with less ballast in a ghost, in a v-2 no problem.

I can't tell the big suits apart at a glance and haven't flown the stealth or any of the Tony suits. You may want to pM Dave for details and impressions.

you are right - they are wrist loops - my mistake - but even worse cause after undoing ur zips you need to get the wrist loop over your wrist mount alti...
thumb works better - ITS SERIOUSLY NO BIG DEAL and most people probably wont care at all - only my opinion.

yes you are correct my regular suit is a tony suit SM1.
performance wise i dont see any difference.
that is to be expected looking at 4 things:

1 - wing shapes
2 - wing sizes
3 - air inlets
4 - airlock pressure

in a sense its like buying a ferrari f430 spider or a Lamborghini V10 Gallardo different customer will swear by the one they own!

i like both.

in a sense its like buying a ferrari f430 spider or a Lamborghini V10 Gallardo different customer will swear by the one they own!
i like both.

Or more like buying a Winnebago Chieftain RV or a Fleetwood Bounder RV. They're both very nice transportable houses.:D:ph34r:
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

The cut-away system is the best of any of the big suits out there in my opinion.

Looks like a pretty bad ass set of wings!

Have you tried the cutaway system in the air? I saw someone cut their wings away on the ground in one and it didn't look like they could reach up much higher than with them on because the arms only opened up to about halfway up the bicep. Can you reach your toggles after cutting the wings away?

If you don't like my winnebago, I'll just have to make you try to slow down to prodigy forward speeds.

As vectorboy said I carry more ballast than he does, a little over 250 exit weight on a 5'9" frame with short arms and legs, I wanted the bigger suit to be able to have some range left when matching up with a flock.
My impression after about 12 jumps on it.
I don't know how to fly a wingsuit. I can't figure out how to slow the forward speed down to flock speeds and maintain enough lift to fly in the low 60's. but if I just relax and let it fly I'm in the mid to low 40's with enough forward speed to have vectorboy and monkey complain that I need to slow it down.
I was amazed at the speed and lift I got relative to the flock when I simply pointed my toes, gaining a little altitude relative to someone else has always been a challenge for me, in this suit the altitude wasn't a problem.
Like I said at the beginning, this suit has convinced me I haven't got a clue as to how to fly a wingsuit, but I have had a lot of fun. It is really neat to look down and back at the flock, and at breakoff be able to accelerate up and forward of the flock, some thing I have never done, as several people on here can confirm. Hopefully I can figure out what I need to do to realize most of the potential of this suit.

If you don't like my winnebago, I'll just have to make you try to slow down to prodigy forward speeds.

I've got some gripes about the Prodigy, but slow forward speed is not one of them. Chuck Blue says I haul ass in mine, and, FWIW, there's a group of jumpers at my home dz that swear I was overtaking a C-182.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

If you have problems flyng slow horizontally while still staying relative vertical i would recommend the following.

once you settle into your slot roll your shoulders SLIGHTLY while pulling your legs up SLIGHTLY (its more just relaxing your legs and letting the air push them up a little). the effect should be a slight increase in lift with less forward speed. the moves are quite small and should be done together. be mindfull to keep your eye on the target or person whom you are basing on to regulate your position. the more solid the base the easier your job is obviously.

moving the wings up/down obviously regulates the lift while extending/ contracting legs controles forward drive.