Martini

V-2 alteration

In what way Glen? Like keeping straight legs, tensioning the legwing, de-arching the hips? I definitely don't fly with a relaxed upper body, my arms and shoulders get pretty tired, I'm not exactly a hulk but I have decent upper body strength.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

In what way Glen? Like keeping straight legs, tensioning the legwing, de-arching the hips? I definitely don't fly with a relaxed upper body, my arms and shoulders get pretty tired, I'm not exactly a hulk but I have decent upper body strength.

I don't death grip and pull hard on my arm wings. I just hold the out there. The strain isn't from holding them taunt or down but from holding them forward into the on coming air.
I mind the curvature of my spine. I keep my knees straight and point my toes. The pitch down you must maintain is more pronounced than on any other suit I remember.

I don't death grip and pull hard on my arm wings. I just hold the out there. The strain isn't from holding them taunt or down but from holding them forward into the on coming air.
I mind the curvature of my spine. I keep my knees straight and point my toes. The pitch down you must maintain is more pronounced than on any other suit I remember.

Correct!!:)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Which leads me to wonder if any of the newer suits (S-6, SM-1, Stealth, Ghost etc.) have a BASE PC pouch option?

In general BIG surface area suits are not good for BASE:

- larger burble increase risk of PC tow
- large wings making reaching PC trickier (even with pouch)
- slow forward speed making sensation of flight less intense
- not a factor for most but precise (proximity) flying is more difficult

J
BASEstore.it

Paul

Dont fuck up your V2 with alterations. I'll send you up another suit to try after I get back from Elsinore.
And dont try comparing your perfomance with Tony, he's a freak, but in a good way. :)
ps. I heard Jim still can smoke him even though his wife only lets him jump once a year now.....:D

Ed

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I thought that might be the case, bigger wings being less BASE friendly, I'm assuming that big wings also make a BASE pouch hard to place. It would have to be on the leg in front of the lower wing surface or even on the lower wing surface itself.

Tony actually gives me a goal performance-wise, I'm hoping to overcome the 6 inch height advantage he has but it would help if he gained about 60 lbs. It would be fun to get Tony and Jim together, Tony is super competitive and pretty current, Jim is the most amazing flier i've seen yet, he can come out after not jumping for a year and fly circles around everyone.......except possibly Tony.

I'm looking forward to dicussing another suit with you, if I do any alterations I'll keep them simple and removable.

This post has generated a lot of useful discussion and a number of PMs with very different ideas and perspectives, all thoughtful and valuable. I'm impressed and appreciative.