dcm

cherry popped !!!

Cool. Just did my first two jumps this past Saturday with a Matter Tracer. Loved it! Glad to have some experienced WS flyers that gave me some good instruction.
First jump, time to pull and the body just took over with a normal pull sequence. My right hand goes back, left up and to the front. I started a slow turn as I deployed. No big deal, still got a good opening with no line twists, but would have kicked myself, if I could get my legs up that high, in the ass for not using the WS pull that I was shown and practiced.
Second jump, much better body position during the flight and I could see the difference on the AltiTrack. Did a good pull and stayed on heading. Funny thing was I did get 1.5 line twists. Again, no big deal.
Really loved it. Looking forward to getting plenty of practice with this before I venture on to a full WS.
That really is flying! I always thought I was flying my body before, and I guess I do, but with the suit on, I can really see the ground I cover.
Yeah, yeah, I owed and payed BEER.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

Hey,

I know the feeling man. I've been working up to this point in my skydiving for a while now and finally got to do some jumps with Jeff Nebelkopf from Tony Suits, Chuck Blue and Purple Mike. Mike docked with me on my first jump and went on to do a bunch more jumps. I jumped one of Tony Suit's new suits that they haven't named yet. I'm already sold and just gotta work out the small details with Jeff. Also gotta work at paying for the 3 weeks in Florida over Christmas/New Years, the flight there and back, and the jumps...oh the jumps.

I have attached a picture to share (or 2, maybe 3. I'm the one on the left in the non-phoenix fly suit). Can you tell how much I'm smiling? Haha. In the video, Jeff comes up right underneath me and I give him a thumbs up and shake my head in a "yess" motion. At that second you can just imaging me yelling "Yahhhhh Hooooooo!".

Anyways, though I'd share cuz I know what you're feeling. It's like that first jump all over again.

EDIT: Credit to Jeff Nebelkopf (Tony Suits) for the fantastic photos and the experience. (The photo cut is mine and I realize it's a terrible job, but don't want Jeff to get pinned for my crappy Photoshop skills).

If you can make it to Z-Hills...hook up with Jeff or Chuck for your first flight. Learn from the absolute best! Plus, the demo suit I'm jumping...It's a new Tony suit and it's brand new cost is less than most used suits you'll find. Not to mention the trade in offer...Call Tony Suits for the lowdown.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnlsD-b4NA
"When once you have tasted flight..."

according to the Tony Suit site that is the new "INTRO" suit I am guessing..

Scott C.

Where is this "new" site at. I only see the old one at tonysuits.com and when I click the wingsuit link midway down.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Quite the legwing for a beginner suit. Not necessarily bad, but to me a little surprising. Maybe that's why I'm not a wingsuit designer ..

Can we go off on this tangent now and stop harassing the OP? If he hasn't got the message by now he never will ..
Johan.
I am. I think.

Quite the legwing for a beginner suit. Not necessarily bad, but to me a little surprising. Maybe that's why I'm not a wingsuit designer ..

I've been kind of wondering about wing size vs skill level as I see more and more new people jumping the larger suits. My Mach feels much more stable and forgiving than my PHI ever did despite the larger wings on it.

I've let people do their first flights on my Rigor Mortis. No one has had a problem with it. Even though it has pretty big arm wings and "the leg stance of a Portugese whore", it's really stable and easy to fly. I"ve let some pretty green guys jump my M1 as well with great results. I'm a little more cautious who I let jump my SM1 though. Not because of the wing size, but just because it can be a little tricky to shut down at pull time.

edit to add:

Congrats to the new birds!!! Rock on! Don't worry about what the internet people think. Trust your own judgement and that of the people who know and jump with you!

[snip] Trust your own judgement [snip]

At 100 jumps? I know I felt invincible then ..

Wait, I was talking about legwings ..

Yeah, I think he should trust his own judgement at 100 jumps (150 including base). At what point do you think he should be allowed to think for himself?

back to legwings:
The Intro looks like an Eagle without the webbies. Is it the same legwing as the Eagle?

arrrgh im so jealous as you can see im a ickle bit short of the recomended jump numbers and although really into the wingsuits i have the patience i think to not kill myself.

anyone know the chances of me getting 200 jumps this summer if i emigrate for 3 months to sunnier climates? :P

havnt posted here before btw but keep up the good work loving your vids and pics

"Yeah, I think he should trust his own judgement at 100 jumps (150 including base). At what point do you think he should be allowed to think for himself? "
................. oh my god I think he may be on to something here ladies !!!

Thank you

"Yeah, I think he should trust his own judgement at 100 jumps (150 including base). At what point do you think he should be allowed to think for himself? "
................. oh my god I think he may be on to something here ladies !!!

Thank you

the only thing ill comment on is how silly did you feel when you got to 20/21/22 and saw your little sister/cousin/whatever arguing with their parents about how they KNOW they should be allowed do this or that and realise how immature they are and how you were the same at their age?

the only difference is now there are no parents around to stop you.

edit; im assuming that your out of your teens if your not i [:/]

anyone know the chances of me getting 200 jumps this summer if i emigrate for 3 months to sunnier climates? :P

All it take is $ ;)

Scott C.

thats what im thinking alright which is why i wana work at the dz and get cheaper if not free jumps. iv found a dz that is having a wingsuit first flight course right at the end of the summer so if i was working there it would be a perfect thing to aim to get the numbers up for......unlikely ill admit but ones gotta have goals

sorry for ot

carry on on topic............now

Congratulations to the new birds on their First Flights!!!

Now venture safely into the world of wingsuiting. Get quality training whenever it is offered and fly with other people as often as possible.

Just remember to keep it safe so that manifest, other jumpers, & other WS pilots will want to jump with you.

Long Flights!!
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

The Intro looks like an Eagle without the webbies. Is it the same legwing as the Eagle?
-------------------------------------
No..... smaller, it has more curve and is slightly narrower,
the arm wing has the old stingray cord at the bod to not interfere with the hacky and an inch shorter handle than the Mk 1
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Trust your own judgement

At 100 jumps? I know I felt invincible then ..

Yeah, I think he should trust his own judgement at 100 jumps (150 including base). At what point do you think he should be allowed to think for himself?

As soon as he has more jumps than I do of course. :P

Seriously, if his own judgement led him to these choices, I submit it's not to be trusted yet.

(It's not just the wingsuiting. Wingload 1.4 anyone?)
Johan.
I am. I think.