dcm

cherry popped !!!

I think it's just that people learn in different ways, and some (ok, alot) have a need to learn things the hard way (surely you've seen this?).
Illustrated by the popular quote:
"If you're gonna be stupid you'd better be tough."
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

its all relative,

we had 3 guys from Cirque du Soleil here a while back,

dudes could do a back loop with a twist on the ground,

we took them up with about 150-170 jump's, they all did great, other wingsuit student's with thousands of jumps have been a struggle,

you have to judge the student,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

its all relative,

we had 3 guys from Cirque du Soleil here a while back,

dudes could do a back loop with a twist on the ground,

we took them up with about 150-170 jump's, they all did great, other wingsuit student's with thousands of jumps have been a struggle,

you have to judge the student,

May I humbly suggest it doesn't really matter how well they do as long as they're doing well? What matters is how they react when they f**k up, at the moment they go unstable on the pull or have to make an evasive turn on late final. If they panic at that moment, it might kill them.

They might not have the experience to react fast but smooth, controlled but adequate. They might react inappropriately because they're instantly overloaded.

That's what I worry about. And that's where experience helps most, preferably varied experience, not just a thousand solo tracking jumps or a thousand straight-in upwind landings.

You're allowed to f**k up, everybody does, as long as you can solve it. Less experienced jumpers have less ability to solve problems.

So the thing I have a problem with is not the beginner wingsuiter on the M1, as long as he's stably on his belly. It might actually be easier to keep that stable than a Classic. But when you're spinning on your back going through 1500' in a rising panic attack, what suit will be easier to fix the problem in? What suit will require less of a coordinated reaction going against inbuilt reflexes?
Johan.
I am. I think.

So the thing I have a problem with is not the beginner wingsuiter on the M1, as long as he's stably on his belly.

Of course , the problem is how to be sure student is or will be stable. Bad idea would be to test that with the biggest suit you have in your demo bag.

It might actually be easier to keep that stable than a Classic.

assuming - ''Might be'' is very wrong way to go.

But when you're spinning on your back going through 1500' in a rising panic attack, what suit will be easier to fix the problem in? What suit will require less of a coordinated reaction going against inbuilt reflexes?

The smallest one.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

You don't know whether or not the student is going to be stable. So you plan for instability. Err on the side of caution.

I wasn't assuming the M1 might be easier to keep stable than a Classic, I was leaving the option open. I've never flown an M1.

I'd say we agree.
Johan.
I am. I think.