Kuper

'Almost New' gear. yes? no? how much?

hi everybody!
i want to buy a rig from someone (includes vectorIII, Silhouette 190, PD Reserve 176, Cypres. 20 jumps!) but i'm trying to compare the price to a 'whole new one' first...
i found some prices on the net (for the container, main and reserve) i hope they are the real prices, but i haven't found the price for Cypres yet.

according to what you know - what is the price for a new Cypres? and generaly - what tips you have for me when buying an 'almost new' gear like that ? (let's say my JM and rigger already agreed that it's good for me) what can be the price for a rig like that?

i'll appreciate any answer :)

thanx,
Ori.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com

a rig is like a car, once its driven off the lot it depreciates quite a bit. Not much, but a bit. Remember if you're looking at "dealer prices" on the web or from manufacturer's websites you can usually get another 15% at least knocked off of that with some finangling...

Blue Skies!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

hi everybody!
i want to buy a rig from someone (includes vectorIII, Silhouette 190, PD Reserve 176, Cypres. 20 jumps!) but i'm trying to compare the price to a 'whole new one' first...
i found some prices on the net (for the container, main and reserve) i hope they are the real prices, but i haven't found the price for Cypres yet.

according to what you know - what is the price for a new Cypres? and generaly - what tips you have for me when buying an 'almost new' gear like that ? (let's say my JM and rigger already agreed that it's good for me) what can be the price for a rig like that?

i'll appreciate any answer :)

thanx,
Ori.

Hard to say what a good price is anymore. Think of it this way, a complete rig with 20 jumps. If you were to try to buy the components new (Container, Main, Reserve, and Cypress) and you could get each for 1k, and the reserve for 750, then you are talking $3750. That isn't terribly realistic for a brand new rig. It is however realistic for a rig with 20 jumps.

Do some research here, the enclave, and other places that sell complete rigs.

I bought my Cypress (1) for around $825. The Cypress IIs are around $1,200. Used originals are also an option, but beware of battery (2-year) and 4-year checks. These can significantly increase your cost. Also, the lifespan on a Cypress is just over 12 years (I believe.) Cypress IIs seem a bit better, only 4 year maintenance cycles. There is also a new AAD called the Vigil (I believe). Costs less and claims to be every bit as good as the Cypress II.

Do research....good luck.

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere is
sick of her shit!

If you were to try to buy the components new (Container, Main, Reserve, and Cypress) and you could get each for 1k,

You let me know where I can get a vector3 and a sillouhette NEW for 1k each. (besides RWS contest) and I will open a gear store of my own.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

If you were to try to buy the components new (Container, Main, Reserve, and Cypress) and you could get each for 1k,

You let me know where I can get a vector3 and a sillouhette NEW for 1k each. (besides RWS contest) and I will open a gear store of my own.

Read the quote...I was just supposing you could get them for 1k each to make a point about purchase price. :|

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere is
sick of her shit!