virgin-burner

i'll probably get flamed..

So now you are a wingsuit instructor/psychologist? Did you earn that degree in a six year accredited program or the half day session with patches instead of diplomas?

Its called common sense....
If someone has 80 jumps, thats more then enough info for me to know that person is not ready skillswise.
If someone is asking too many (irrelevant) questions and so nervous you can shove a coal up his/her ass and get a diamond back in 5 minutes...then its probably also wise to tell them to wait out a bit longer...

As for the patches....I took a course (3 days damnit, that half day course sounds much more fun) to learn how to properly brief and teach students. To aquire some knowledge on the subject. Not to get one or more cool numbers to put in a sigline or cover of a book...

It may not be the case for everyone, but most people I know go through the courses to become more knowledge-able in everything that has to do with teaching and instruction.

Flaunting a rating is not something I care about...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Its called common sense....
If someone has 80 jumps, thats more then enough info for me to know that person is not ready skillswise.
If someone is asking too many (irrelevant) questions and so nervous you can shove a coal up his/her ass and get a diamond back in 5 minutes...then its probably also wise to tell them to wait out a bit longer...

Yes those are all valid but blatent and extreme examples that even someone without a rating would not miss.

Whats your plan for the respected veteran skydiver with experience that gets through your BMI vulcan mind scan clean and then worm holes the exit and nearly becomes a klingon,... Doctor?

yeah i was curious as to what you meant by it much less than on drugs. i think with wingsuits specifically you take on responsibilities of ground instruction and could be somewhat responsible for their performance in the air as how flying a wingsuit works (straighten legs go fast, flat spin ball up type of stuff). And only take these responsibilities as did you tell them, and did they seem to get it before you stopped telling them.

as far as pulling on their own or executing their ep's properly, a ws instructor wouldn't have those because they got those responsibilities all to themselves after they left aff.
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

i am a licensed skydiver. i decided to bail out of planes. partially because of wingsuiting and BASEjumping. but i'm still a n00b. when i bought my rig, i asked my rigger. if i want to try sit-flying, or back-flying, i ask an instructor on how to do it. i'm sure still a student, always will be. i might get better in the one or other area and gain experience all together. i read a lot and suck up loads of information. i use every source of information. but in the end, i'll always do what some experienced instructor tells me to do in the end.

now, being the n00b on many dropzones i havent been to, mostly everybody puts an eye on you. at least here it is. lets say, there's a guy that is obviously under the influence of drugs or alcohol. would you let him jump? would you say something? i'm putting this question up here, because i think its an important one!

and yea, I DECIDED TO WAIT WITH MORE WS-JUMPS. i write this bold so that the ones still accusing me wont over-read it..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Whats your plan for the respected veteran skydiver with experience that gets through your BMI vulcan mind scan clean and then worm holes the exit and nearly becomes a klingon,... Doctor?

Probably try and fly as slow as I can for a nice long prayer?

The only thing Im for is trying to make the sport as safe as can be by making sure people have a certain minimal amount of experience.
More experience definitely doesnt automaticly mean its safe...I agree there..Im living proof that someone with a lot of experience can be dangerous as f*ckB|

But taking all people up directly off AFF will definitely not make the sport any safer, and will increase the amount of scary happening in the sky. But I guess some people see that differently..

That new Star Trek movie trailer looks mighty sweet though!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The only thing Im for is trying to make the sport as safe as can be by making sure people have a certain minimal amount of experience.
But I guess some people see that differently..

Trust me I'm not advocating premature jump number wingsuit flights. But you do realize most people flying wingsuits want to make the sport safer and they would also not advocate this. This idealism is not the sole domain of select wingsuit instructors. And be aware it does not happen that often as most new jumpers are trying to swoop too soon, or free fly too soon so they spend resources trying to get there. Spending money on camera helmets ( freeflyer) and tiny canopys (swooper) that they can use on every jump instead of a wingsuit.

By the time most individuals come to wingsuits they have, on average, more than enough experience, or jump numbers rather.

You say you want to make the sport safer and I believe you do. So do the best applicant assessment -informational ground course you can give. ( again I'm sure you do ) But don't even pretend to kid yourself about anything that happens on the practical or a false sense of superhuman ability to correct it if the practical does go bad.

Damn Glen, line um up and smack them down! Though I tend to agree...

Scott C.

You are supposed to send that in a PM so nobody else can see. Like the ones I get all of time " dude the entire forum hates you for saying that but I love you and agree with what you say".:)

You are supposed to send that in a PM so nobody else can see. Like the ones I get all of time " dude the entire forum hates you for saying that but I love you and agree with what you say".:)

So your telling Scott to PM you in secret saying he loves you too? :ph34r::D

Love
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

what have i gotten into!! :o

Your not a wingsuiter yet. You've only jumped a prodigy a real rebel would already have antenae based a borrowed s6 by now.

you are one of those selective readers, for real. you know what annoys me? you guys giving me the outlaw brand. i'm fucking not. i even dare to question dz-politics. altough i like the place. and not because i could wingsuit there anytime i wanted. which i'm not, as i stated about a zillion times before. if i was the rebel you're claiming i am, i would give a fuck about all your opinions.. i'd fucking go and wingsuit more, so that by your recommended #'s i'd be smoking all your asses in my own S-6!!

you're only successful in making me think you're a dumbass that luckily just happens to have appropriate jumpnumbers, but probably lacks all other characteristics that would qualify you as an intelligent and reasoned human being.

so, instead of bashing me for, about a hundred posts already, answer or discuss the question i threw out! if that is above your abilities, step back from the keyboard, have a smoke, a wank, anything that gets the fucking pole out of your arse. me, i have learned something so far in this thread. and believe me, it wasnt your specific and valuable input that made me re-consider my decisions. constructive criticism is a fine art, one would expect to receive such in a specialized forum as this one is. if it was the bonfire, flame away all you want.. but here, after hitting the 100 post mark, it becomes somewhat boring, annoying..

yea, and get that selective reading fixed. could get you in trouble some time signing contracts and shit like that.. :P

dayum those gay wingsuiters.. dress AND act like pussies! :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

what have i gotten into!! :o

Your not a wingsuiter yet. You've only jumped a prodigy a real rebel would already have antenae based a borrowed s6 by now.

Do you have a B.A.S.E. Rig and S6 I can borrow?

maybe he's got two of each? i'll take the red rig and suit tough.. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

you are one of those selective readers, for real

Nope I'm one of those readers that will never ever get distressed by what anybody writes on here. You want to claim I'm dangerous? Get in line. You want to go up in a WS after AFF? Great I 'll get video, seriously. You want to claim to soon out perform me/us? Great there are many that do now. You want to say that I'm ugly and I dance like a girl?Its true!

i would give a fuck about all your opinions..

Yes you do! its why this tread has managed to go on for five pages.

you're only successful in making me think you're a dumbass that luckily just happens to have appropriate jumpnumbers, but probably lacks all other characteristics that would qualify you as an intelligent and reasoned human being.

I never claimed to be intelligent and will never claim to be reasoned. I will claim not to be upset when someone writes something on here that I don't agree with

so, instead of bashing me for, about a hundred posts already, answer or discuss the question i threw out! . :D:D:D

We are not under any obligation to answer your question. But if you insist, yes you are gay.

I waited til jump 400 to become gay, and waited til nearly jump 700 to become a gay addict.
Monkeyboy held my hand on one jump, and Scott Campos was on top of me for one jump. I've only partially made it into a large flock though, so I'm not quite yet complete in my gayness.:|

Virgin-burner, FWIW I think it's admirable that you decided to put down the suit for now, and get some jumps in on a tracking suit. Takes balls to admit you're not quite ready for a new discipline, IMO.