notsane

My new Super Mach 1 ROCKS!

I got my new SM1 the other day and managed to get a few jumps with Jeff so he could give me some pointers. Phil joined us as well. My first jump on the suit without Jeff's help was 83 seconds, then yesterday, with his help I got 101, 107 then 126 seconds with a BUNCH of forward speed ... and that was on jump # 4 on the suit!

This thing ROCKS!

Why don’t you close your legs when you deploy?
Those airlocks still freak me out on deployment
-------------------------------------------
I think what Scott is doing for deployment in the last pic is perfect, you can see the lines going up at a perfect angle, not back almost parallel to the earth like when you deply in a track, or dont shut down the leg.
What I'm doing now at pull time is, I let go of my handles and "flare" with my hands and look up at the same time, then I bend at the knee just a bit, then both hands back ect,

I find with this system I get the hackey perfect, its only when i mess with this that I get the wing or the handle when going for the hacky
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Actually I find pull time very friendly in the SM1. I'm not even trying to close the tail wing because that airlocked thing just doesn't want to close ... so I merely bend my knees back. If you lead with your thumbs as you reach for the center of the bottom of your rig, the arm wings don't get in the way at all. I do notice however, how much the arm wing near the knee stays inflated when my arms are crossed across my chest.

I like to transistion from flight to falling at pull time to give the deployment bag that much more room from bouncing off my feet. Other than BASE, I can't see a need to pull from full flight.

Scott

I find that if you point your toes outward right before wave off then click the back of your heels together the legwing doesn't effect the wave off as much. On the third click I leave them together, deploy, all the while squeezing my knees together and the legwing is closed before the average deployment. On a fast opening it sometimes is not all the way shut down. If you choose to leave the leg wing open during deployment make sure your feet are even (not having one foot in front of the other) unless you are intentionally flying your way out of line twist:)

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/