FrancoR

AN-72 Boogie 2008 Date set. Who is coming?

The date for the AN-72 Boogie has been announcedin a german skydive forum. It will be from the 28th of July to the 3rd of August. The weekend before the Boogie they will have an AN-28 in Cochstedt. Registration will start in January.

So who is coming?

1.) FrancoR
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

I must be honest, and say that Im torn between the An72 Boogie, or heading off to Gap around that time of year to fly with Loic...

So Im not sure if I'll be there this coming An72 boogie...but as soon as my mind is made up, I'll slap my name on the list!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I must be honest, and say that Im torn between the An72 Boogie, or heading off to Gap around that time of year to fly with Loic...

So Im not sure if I'll be there this coming An72 boogie...but as soon as my mind is made up, I'll slap my name on the list!

yap... flying with Loic seem like a good idea ;)

I am doubting too. [:/]
Gap sounds awfully attractive and the chances of good weather are so much higher. :)

I will crack my brain a little more about this the next few weeks....

Blue skies & long flights,
Karin - ©The Pink Bird

I think we'll need a 2nd AN72 if Loic shows up as an organiser..

Well, there are two of 'em .. this year's was a different one from last year's (ER-AFZ vs. ER-AWF).

And frankly, those Germans never cease to amaze me .. give them a few years, and they just might have 2 AN-72s, an AN-28 and an AN-2. What's next, a -124? The -225 doesn't have a tailgate, does it?
Johan.
I am. I think.

And frankly, those Germans never cease to amaze me .. give them a few years, and they just might have 2 AN-72s

They will have 2 An-72s for the 2008 Boogie. The year prior there was 2 as well, with the second in reserve off site. Unfortunately this year, the 2nd one was obligated to another contract. Wolf assured me that for 2008 the 2nd An-72 will be in reserve off site in case there are any issues. With the An-72, An-28, An-2 and the pink skyvans on call, there will be more than enough aircraft to keep everyone happy.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Is this the same time as the PCV Boogie in Moorsele? I would be sad to miss one of these two boogies...

I think most boogies have settled on the same date.
There's stuff happening in Belgium, Germany (Cochstedt/Marl), Sweden, France etc all within the same short time frame.

And even if boogies don't overlap, just making sure I have the funds to attend all of them, if going to be difficult...:S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Are they considering multi plane drops from the 2 AN72's?

The 2nd AN-72 will be called in if there are enough jumpers present to warrant it's being there.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING