FrancoR

AN-72 Boogie 2008 Date set. Who is coming?

Or was it stuck on the ground in Moldavia too?

Yes, they are based out of there I am told.

Just got in to the UK a few hours ago and will be heading back to the USA in the AM. I had a good time seeing and flying with everyone that was there. I'll post some more when I get back to the states and have time to take a breath.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yeah, i had a shit time too... oh wait, hang on... ;)

Was great to meet so many people people from here, and of course to jump with them.

Shame we were minus the 'big' plane, but i think we still managed some awesome jumps - of course forgetting the first jump on Sunday with my group that hit 5K of THICK black clouds... Who needs to see in front of their nose on a flock anyway?!

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I also forgot Denis..who may be a bit of a numbers junky, but he knows how to fly, and made it to his slot nicely on every dive!

I try my best, Jarno ;)
The numbers help me for better understanding of wingsuit flying aerodynamics and reduce my total number of jumps and save my time and money. We can continue this subject on the next weekend in Marl. In numbers! During "Wings over Marl" :D:P

Following just any numbers...
from my skydiver book (for advisement concerning official FFC-rules):
Total Number of Jumps: 278
First Flight Course: on 84 Jump by Rolf Brombach
Number of Wingsuit-Jumps: 133.

Though the lack of experience when you made your first flight still qualifies as a silly and impatient thing to do, you managed ok.

Though the example you set to the lesser skilled and even more impatient people is still a bit sadning..you managed to do ok...which doesnt mean its the sane and safe thing to do...

But I guess there will always be folks who would rather make up their own truth, if it justifies their (to a degree) not too smart actions.

See you in Marl..for the math stuff and still not recognising the dozen variables that make a clear comparison impossible, you'll have to find another chat-partner though...if its about actual flying and fun stuff on what happened during the day...feel free to pull my shirt;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Team Finland is safely back home despite of storm on the sea between Sweden and Finland.

Awesome week is behind. It would have been more awesome if the big one would have been there too.

Thanks to organisation, organisators, camera-men and all I flew with. I had fun.

:)

- No mercy in the flock! Straighten your legs!!! -

I would like to thank to the MD-Skydive Team to make this event possible. I had an awesome time with the ability to learn more about Wingsuit Flying in a week as in the 2 Years before.
I would have like to jump the An-72 but I am more than happy to have jump with the top Flyers of the world, therefore I do not much care of the aircraft. I hope there will be a chance to have an event like this again, even better in Cochstedt. Thanks to the organizers as they have done everything to make it an success.

Its all about Flying, lets go on doing so.

Martin

Take care up there!

most of the pics made by me (only ground ones, unfortunately:)... but here are just a few already downloaded to my pc.

All the pictures have no .jpg extension, so they don't really work. Maybe you could try re-uploading them?
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I had lots of accidents this event. Hit the plane, Used reserve, then somebody decided to take me out of the formation (in freefall):P then landing in the corn field, so lots and lots ...BUT I got home in one piece and happy to say that I had great time, and great formation experience and lots of stroopwafels, (which i am still eating,whilst J is in Dubai):)So SPASIBO to everybody and special SpAsIbO to Ralf who owed me his rig for whole event,(there were no handels on DZ to replace mine) Jarno for sweets ,nice video and not giving us sleep,having fun in next tent :D,Lutz for keeping company falling through the clouds on my last jump of event;)
Hope to see you guys and girls again!!!

Do Svidaniya B|

P.S. forum is not recognizing Cyrillic letters :(

Jarno for sweets ,nice video and not giving us sleep,having fun in next tent :D

The video "Brokeback Antonov 72" will be out soon!;)
And the Finish put up a good fight as to who could make the most noise..!;)

Mysteries remaining:
  • Will Kristina and James set +140 mph fallrates in Marl due to our Stroopwafel (cheating) dieet?
  • What exactly happened inside that steamy car on the parkinglot?
  • Will the An72 boogie have an An72 next year?
  • does my girlfriend believe the bruises from the table-game are really from playing the table-game

• Tune in next year, for another exiting episode!;)B|
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Big up to Benedikt, who really made a clear leap in his flying. getting to the slot on almost every jump. Only limited on some dives by the small suit supporting his well built frame;)

Thank you for the flowers! :) I will try to get a bigger suit and try to reduce the the "German belly talent" as well.

I realy enjoyed flying in Cochstedt - I think it was one of the best quality wingsuit meeting in Europe.
    Hope to you guys again in a flock near you soon!
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Jarno for sweets ,nice video and not giving us sleep,having fun in next tent :D

The video "Brokeback Antonov 72" will be out soon!;)

All we were missing were the cowboys hats... ;)
    Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
    Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

It's a shame the AN-72 didn't make it, but it sounds like you you guys made do!

And just to brag a bit, I, and a hundred other skydivers got to make a demo jump from the even larger IL-76 back in 1994.

I was in New Zealand at the time and the Russians were using the IL-76 as a cargo hauler in that part of the world.

There was an airshow slated for a military base in a town called Palmerston North and the Russians easily agreed to take up a load of jumpers to open the show. So the call went out and a hundred jumpers from all over Nzed came to Auckland for the ferry flight up to the show.

The aircraft swallowed us and three or four vehicles with ease and this A/C could easily carry 400 jumpers. We had full reign to roam during the flight and we wandered the many levels and connecting passages. This is the largest A/C in the world and the Russians purposely built it just a bit larger than the largest American plane, just to say mine is bigger than yours.

As an aircraft mechanic I marveled at how this A/C was put together. It had rivets the size and style you'd only see in big steam locomotives. The cockpit was more of a big room and there was something like seven guys in there.

This jump was free of charge for us as a good will gesture on the part of the Russians. But I could hardly imagine what a flock 400 birds could do with an A/C like this. And a good thing about the Russians is money talks to cut through the red tape. So get on it you guys . . .

NickD :)