aarthus

SM1 vs PROFLY

i think i will cut the arm wing of my profly in order to have the same wing grip as the sm1...

You might want to rethink that. Try flying the suit with you shoulders rolled forward and palms facing the sky like on the SM1, then try flying with your elbows locked forward, shoulders extended up and palms to the ground. You'll notice the leading edge of the wing perform better with the grips as they are.
Let me know what you think.

Ed

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Look at those beautiful suits eccentuating our masculine features, and still you ordered a Blade???

I guess you need a suit with less performance since you couldn't get down to the formation in the SM1:P

So when are you finaly putting your money where your mouth is, and paying full price for a suit not given to you by a manufacturer at some discount deal:P

Admit it..you're a dirty brand:ph34r:, hopping from manufacturer to manufacturer:P;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Admit it..you're a dirty brand:ph34r:, hopping from manufacturer to manufacturer

Yes Jarno, I wil fly whatever suit is the best no matter what brand. And at the moment that is the SM1...

When I'm in Holland for christmas maybe we can race each other or you can try it and find it out yourself. Or are you affraid you might like it and won't be satisfied with your toy suit anymore?:P
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

The pro-fly is actually not that bad. I don't have the problems some people mention. I think it's not that tiring and easy to flock with. The only problem is the flapping legwing I can't get rid of, even when maxing out at seperation. Patrick says it's because I don't point my toes but I'm pretty sure I do. Compared to the SM1 it's smaller so less performance (as simple as that). The SM1 in the picture is a test version with a narrower legwing, the normal SM1 has a wider leg.
Tristan

I have newer experienced any flapping what so ever on my Profly or even heard of this. I think you must have flown it "Birdman" style, i.e. bended legs or something. The S-Fly monowing suits, you must fly them with legs and arms all stretched - at all times. It is only the hips; up, down and to the sides, that moves. Maybe you where not aware of this?

I think you must have flown it "Birdman" style

How dare you say such blasphemy>:(:P

Actually, I also fly the SM1 similar to the s-fly suits with the inside of the arm facing forward so I have a fully stretched arm and maximum wing surface. And not bending the knees just the hips. and breaking with the chest not pushing the knees forward.

I think it's just my specific body dimensions, some suits just don't work with some bodies.
Tristan

At the Z-Flock wingsuit school in sunny Zephyrhills we just received a few new S-Fly suits, expert and pro fly.
Chuck and I did a two way (him in a profly and me in a SM1) and we both noticed some leg "flappage" on his suit, our conclusion was the suit is slightly to tall for him. At Flock n Dock when the soul fliers were here I did not notice any flapping on there leg wings at all, so make sure your suit fits right.
On some of our suits especially the 1st series Mach1 if the suit was to tall the leg wing flapped.
This does not happen on our 2nd series suits if it is to tall. There is just way to much air pressure to flap even with one or both booties off.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Compared to the SM1 it's smaller so less performance (as simple as that).

Ah, finally at long last we have an empirical, foolproof method of measuring performance..
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I think the pro-fly should not only have different lengths but also different arm lengths. Not so much a problem with the s-fly expert but the grippers on the pro-fly are often not at the right position because people have different arm lengths.
Tristan

its a bitch making suits to fit everyone just right, much less making them fly right too

I don't care about fit as much as style anymore: I'm gonna get me an all white SM-1 and dress up like the Pope! "You can be the President, I'd rather be the Pope"! Father Sarducci Blue and myself will go around blessing all you sinners after the sunset load.

I am in a fantastic position here at Z-hills. Jeff and I run the school here ( Z-flock Wingsuit School) and, thankfully, we are supported by all the major manufacturers. I generally teach my FFC students with Phantoms and he generally teaches under Aerobats and (Adjust-o-bats). We just got three demo S-Fly wingsuits from Loic and Cathy and I jumped side-by-side with Heffro in his SM-1 with me in the ProFly. Granted, it was my first flight in the ProFly, but I still managed mid-40's average over the course of the entire dive in the new demo. It flapped a bit in the leg, but then again the suit was a bit long on me. I was impressed. Likewise, though, I am really impressed with my not-quite-stock SM-1 when I fly it on it's belly. It's tremendous. I must say that the legwing on my personal SM-1 is four inches narrower, but four inches longer than stock. It's beautiful,but I can't get it to fly on my back (and I have nearly 2000 wingsuit jumps now). Just for the record, I have to say that my PRIMARY wingsuit (the one I fly most of the time) is my BirdMan S6. It's not back-vented, but I have a TON of jumps under it and I flick it around like a go cart. The only person that can out-fly me (with me on my belly and them on their back) in that suit is Jeff Nebelkopf. With me on my back in my personal-favorite S6 I fall around 55 mph. I can't do better, but it's so comfortable and within the comfort zone of most flocks that I just can't seem to replace it as my primary suit. It's nearly perfect. If it were back-vented it WOULD be perfect. I like it much better than my old Blade.

Chuck