LouDiamond

Dropzone.com 2007 Holiday boogie- Wingsuits

The time is growing nearer people and hotel/motels/team rooms are already filling up. Start making your plans to attend this boogie by checking the Skydive Arizona web site for details on things like lodging and registration, etc so you don't get left out in the cold . The usual thread in the Bonfire with more specifics on who's going, rides, room sharing and so on should start soon. Don't forget about the Skyrider Inn Motel located at the entrance to Skydive Arizona. It's new and offers fully furnished suites and kitchen suites. Don't wait to reserve one of these rooms as they are extremely nice and sure to go fast.

A full line up of demo suits from Birdman will be available at the BirdMan tent with Load Organizing by myself to include a Wingsuit Seminar. Stay tuned for more specifics on specialty jump runs and other wingsuit related information.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

For those people coming to the boogie who also want to participate in the Bigway event in Nov 2008, I will be doing evaluations for the entire boogie. Several people have already asked me so we should be able to put together some challenging dives no matter when you show might show up. It was 80 degrees here today in Eloy in case you were wondering:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Had a fair turn out today. Have about half a dozen Brit birds show up and another half dozen from all over. John, a West Point Student here for Collegiates knocked out the FFC and became an instant nylon crack addict. Ken,being short of the required 200 jumps, took the IMPACT suit up for a go and came down with a huge grin on his face as well. All in all not a shabby first day so far:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Had another good day today. It started out cold this morning but warmed right up and was a perfect day for jumping. Randy from Oregon took the BLADE up for a spin and when he came down he placed an order for one in his colors. Ben from the Golden Knights made several jumps with Brian D working on completing points. I hooked up with DSE and strapped the new ubber Sony HD camera, the EX which is good for those super fast/slow motion recordings up to 60fps at 1280x720 on my head and filmed Ben and Brian. The footage,even viewed on a very poor big screen was still simply amazing to watch. The camera is simply incredible in all aspects. It is however , not small by any means even when on a FTP. The thing acted like a huge rudder as soon as it hit the airstream, more so then when I jump my own FTP with D box on top. I'll jump it a few more times during the boogie but I don't expect to see many people jumping it at DZs any time soon. At 8 grand a pop, I think it is outside of most peoples budget range. I'm sure DSE will post some footage at a later date from the jumps, although it will have to be scaled down quite a bit to even be able to post a reasonable sized file. We are not sucking in Eloy:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Is it Friday yet?

I feel the same way! What time has Manifest been opening? I want to get there early to get all set up and get going early on Friday hitting the Nylon!

Monkey, I thought you were going to be jumping on Thurs?? Are you starting on Friday and getting in Thurs later??

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Are you starting on Friday and getting in Thurs later??

Scott C.

Arriving very late Thursday night. Want to make first load Friday? But let's have a different outcome compaired to last time we made first load.B|
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Are you starting on Friday and getting in Thurs later??

Scott C.

Arriving very late Thursday night. Want to make first load Friday? But let's have a different outcome compaired to last time we made first load.B|

I think that sounds like a great idea, both of them, first load and different outcome..

Scott

I hooked up with DSE and strapped the new ubber Sony HD camera, the EX which is good for those super fast/slow motion recordings up to 60fps at 1280x720 on my head and filmed Ben and Brian. .... [snip] ....but I don't expect to see many people jumping it at DZs any time soon. At 8 grand a pop, :)

Come on Scott, it is only $6999 at B&H :P

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/520761-REG/Sony_PMWEX1UC_PMW_EX1_XDCAM_EX_SxS.html

I will look forward to seeing it next week... I looked at the Youtube and the mp4 versions that DSE posted and the MP4 probably did not do it justice! WWWAAYYY better then youtube but I would expect that. I would imagine it would be VERY impressive seeing it on a HD monitor/TV

Scott C.

Christmas Eve started out as a slow but very warm day, we got up to the 70s here today. Made several really good flights today, Ben from the Golden knights, Brian D, Paul from the UK and myself launched a very tight diamond that was an absolute blast to fly. One of Brian's friends, Gary, joined in and they went on to fly a few more formations while I took First flights up. Our own DSE and Brian from the West Point collegiate team knocked out their first flights today. Both had really good flights and are now looking at getting their own suits as soon as possible. Today could not have been better from the weather to the quality of jumps and people hanging out together. Today was simply awesome.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Scott took me up yesterday, learned a lot more from him than I'd anticipated, and learned I've got a lot more to learn.
Wasn't my first wingsuit jump, but it was my first in terms of having a clue what was *really* going on.
After my jump with Scott, I got the purple wrist band and did a jump on my own. Was hoping for more jumps today, but so far, we're winded out.
Looking forward to jumping w/you, Sean.

The schedule is out. I'll be giving a wingsuit seminar on Dec 29th in the conference room located in the main hanger after the days jumping is over, roughly around 6 PM. Feel free to bring a friend and a beer with you. :)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Today started out a bit chilly but warmed up very nicely. We managed to knock out several flocks and a High Speed Pass. Pete, one of the owners of skydive Quebec did the First Flight Course today and had a blast. He and DSE went on to knock out a few more flights and both are addicted to the nylon crack now. We are not sucking in Eloy.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You guys sound like you are having a lot of fun there. I hope you feel bad that I'm sitting in Salt Lake where it's been snowing for the last two weeks! So post more pictures! Videos!

Hop in the Explorer, Faris....we're only 10 hours away. Bring your wingsuits (besides, I need another one). Jumping a wingsuit from the tailgate is a ball.
It's warmer here, no snow. Plenty of free space for the baby to run around, shade for the family is plentiful. So are baby sitters if you need one.:)